Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: How much has Obamacare saved the American people?

1. #406 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

The fact that the OP is ignoring any sensible argument to her claims that somehow Obama was a good president, or that Obamacare was and is a complete disaster, unable to pay for itself, and has now been killed by Trump, should tell us all we need to know. She is changing the subject, quoting her google searches with mumbo jumbo.

please ignore her from here in, she is lost in her own thoughts.

She starts a thread about how grand Obamcare is and has spent the last 10 pages talking about fiscal budgets and non-sensical statistics that support nothing she claims
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

2. The Following User Groans At Getin the ring For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (12-20-2018)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-18-2018)

4. #407 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    The fact that the OP is ignoring any sensible argument to her claims that somehow Obama was a good president, or that Obamacare was and is a complete disaster, unable to pay for itself, and has now been killed by Trump, should tell us all we need to know. She is changing the subject, quoting her google searches with mumbo jumbo.

please ignore her from here in, she is lost in her own thoughts.
    The OP is notorious for being stupid.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

6. #408 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You fucking moron; that wasn't the GDP growth rate. If these were factual, it would have be phenomenal.

Grow a fucking brain you clueless dumbfuck:

1900's = 3.9%
    1910's = 2.9%
    1920's = 3.4%
    1930's = 1.0%
    1940's = 5.6%
    1950's = 4.2%
    1960's = 4.5%
    1970's = 3.2%
    1980's = 3.1%
    1990's = 3.2%
    2000's = 1.8%
    2010's = 2.1%
    OBAMA =1.48%

https://www.crestmontresearch.com/do...-By-Decade.pdf

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...r-3-gdp-growth
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    You lost track of the argument, dumb dumb. You've posted annualized rates. I posted the total growth for each decade. You can equate the two with elementary-school-level math. For example, if the growth is 3.1% annualized, over ten years, total growth is 1.031^10, or 35.7%. As you can see, your 3.1% annualized rate for the 80s and the 35.8% total growth I quoted are the same thing (allowing for a fraction of a point from rounding). Now, try not to be such an imbecile in the future. You embarrass yourself.
    You lost track of your brain and talking point you dishonest hack. You don't even comprehend how stupid your "annualized" argument looks snowflake. You claimed it was REAL GDP growth asshat.

STFU, seriously.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

7. #409 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    Obama doubled the nations debt. PERIOD
    Obama lied about Obamacare. PERIOD
    Obamacare caused my premiums to rise, again and again and again. PERIOD
    And Obamacare is unable to survive financially. PERIOD

please do not dispute facts
    You'd like to change the subject. I get that. If I were getting my ass kicked royally, I'd probably be tempted to change the subject, too. But your straw man tactics aren't going to work. I never suggested debt didn't double under Obama. I never claimed Obama didn't lie about Obamacare. I never said a word about whether your personal premiums rose or fell. So, those are all straw men, having nothing to do with the argument I've been making, which is about Obamacare having reduced the rate of healthcare spending growth.

As for Obamacare being "unable to survive financially," what makes you think that?

is there a point there?
    There is. One of the go-to talking points of conservatives, when confronted with the enormously better average economic performance during Democrat-led periods, is to essentially argue that we have to mentally adjust for the fact that the Democrats got the benefit of artificial economic stimulus from the war effort, while the Republicans who followed them got artificially weighed down by demobilization (e.g., we rode high during Kennedy/Johnson because Vietnam was scaling up, then hit the skids during Nixon/Ford because of demobilization of that war effort). Yet the Republicans never apply that same reasoning when it would go the other way -- for example, arguing that Clinton's performance would be even better relative to the elder Bush's if not for the fact Bush had the artificial stimulus of the first Iraq War, or the Obama's performance would be even better relative to the younger Bush's, if we hadn't be saddled with demobilizing after Bush's Iraq and Afghanistan boondoggles.

please tell me you are not crediting Obama for getting out of Iraq
    Why would you like me to tell you that?

And Afghanistan was basically exactly how he found it when he left.
    No, it definitely wasn't. In 2008, 155 US soldiers died in Iraq. By 2016, US efforts there had been scaled by so much that we only lost 13 soldiers there. Facts matter.

are you a serious poster?
    Yes. And that's why I irritate trolls like you so much. You wish I'd just hurl some insults and leave off on that, so we'd be on an even playing field. Instead, I deploy facts and figures in serious arguments, such as when I just completely blew up your ignorant assertion that Afghanistan was basically exactly how Obama found it when he left. That amounts to "cheating," from your perspective, since you have no capacity for doing the same. Read more and you'll be able to offer something of value to the forum. Good luck.
    Last edited by Oneuli; 12-18-2018 at 11:22 AM.

8. #410 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The point wasn't to make Obama look better. The point was to correct the lie. I realize that from a conservative perspective, a "fact" is "whatever one needs to say to support the conservative dogma." But for me, facts matter. If we're to understand economic history, we cannot allow howlingly ignorant statements like his stand unchallenged.
    It was an omission, not a lie you willful idiot. How does it change the argument? Obama added ten trillion to the National Debt, had the most massive trillion dollar deficits in the nations history, anemic 1.45% GDP growth over eight years and you want to declare him a success? STFU, seriously.

As for your equally moronic claims that the ACA saved Americans money, that too is a dumb lie and does not include the massive subsidies American taxpayers are being forced to pay, as well as, much higher premiums.

You're attempts to statistically suggest that premiums MIGHT have been even higher are speculative and dumb. STFU, seriously.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Lightbringer (12-18-2018)

10. #411 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you trying to explain away $10T in deficits will not alter my opinions.......
    Try to focus, little one. At no point did I "try to explain away $10T in deficits." In fact, I made no mention of $10T in deficits whatsoever. Reread. Then, if you're feeling like less of a coward, try answering:

The question was about which two-term president can it not be said that national debt went UP eight times in the eight years of his presidency.

Anyway, federal debt in Reagan's first month was $934 billion. In his last month it was 2,698 billion. That's much more than a doubling. Reagan's not the only example, either. Under FDR, national debt rose almost ten-fold. So, now that you know that you're wrong about the doubling of the national debt only happening under two presidents, Bush and Obama, does it change any of your political opinions? Again, I'm betting not, because I'm betting your opinion has nothing at all to do with the facts, and thus that finding out you were mistaken about the facts cannot alter your opinions. Am I right?

11. #412 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ranks right up there with every other decade in the last fifty years except for the dismal showing that Obama had.......
    You dodged the question again, little coward. Care to try again?

Now that you know you were wrong about the 80s having explosive economic growth, has it altered any of your political opinions?

12. #413 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the worst being the Obama presidency.......
    The Obama presidency didn't last a decade. Obviously. Try to focus.

13. #414 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

okay.......you are talking about health care costs......did your assessment of costs include the cost of taxpayers subsidizing health care expenses.......
    Yes.

14. #415 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Anyway, federal debt in Reagan's first month was $934 billion. In his last month it was 2,698 billion. That's much more than a doubling. Reagan's not the only example, either. Under FDR, national debt rose almost ten-fold. So, now that you know that you're wrong about the doubling of the national debt only happening under two presidents, Bush and Obama, does it change any of your political opinions? Again, I'm betting not, because I'm betting your opinion has nothing at all to do with the facts, and thus that finding out you were mistaken about the facts cannot alter your opinions. Am I right?
    Idiot translation of the repeated stupidity this one erupts with:

15. #416 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why is it, then, that I keep finding one error after another here, by the conservatives, and pointing them out? For example, why is it that I'm the one who knew debt more than doubled on Reagan's watch? Apparently I'm quite aware of real world facts. You should give it a try sometime.
    you're delusional and arrogant. your sense of correctness is actually a mental impairment.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

17. #417 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

around $9.7 T........around $19.7T.......no, it was twice as bad......
    Incorrect on both accounts. You do not appear to know what a deficit is. Here, this will get us started: What do you think the difference between a deficit and debt is?

18. #418 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

you are a lost soul, void of any reality
    what is the difference between a debt and a deficit?
    really, Miss Clown shoes , one is meaningless when you allow the country to sink into 20 trillion in debt, I'll let you figure out which one

I don't know what else to say, you ignore every argument presented to you, while claiming you don't.

really hard to have a conversation with a troll, so

IM DONE
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

19. The Following User Groans At Getin the ring For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (12-20-2018)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

21. #419 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

not really.....the answer is the same........
    Obviously not. Your attempt to treat the question about whether Obamacare saved the American people money and the question about whether Obama was economically successful as identical would only make sense if 100% of the economy was the healthcare sector. Obviously.

22. #420 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You dodged the question again, little coward. Care to try again?

Now that you know you were wrong about the 80s having explosive economic growth, has it altered any of your political opinions?
    How is 3.5% under Reagan and 3.1% growth for the decade worse than Obama's anemic 1.45% and 2.1% for the 2010's? Good lord, you like to double down on stupid don't you snowflake?

Yes snowflake, 3.5% is a GREAT number that few have surpassed, especially Obama. Dumbass.