Members banned from this thread: Nordberg, Frank Apisa, PoliTalker, Jack and montgomery

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tax rates. What say you?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    It is not so much the rate as the loopholes for the likes of Trump and Romney.
    Really? There are special Romney/Trump loopholes? Just for them and them alone?

Are there no loopholes leftists take advantage of?

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I have not seen anything within the FAIR tax equation suggesting a tax of more than 18%.

We're not talking about the buyer or the dealer paying the tax; it is when they buy products themselves they are paying the tax.

First off; you are already paying the increased price. You just never see it.

The bureaucracy would be less than what it currently is. When you abolish the Tax code, you also significantly reduce the massive bureaucracy necessary to run it and audit people. You do understand that the current system is an honor system where the threat of imprisonment is the only enforcement technique. That too would go away under the Fair Tax.
    Unless they have changed recently, the Fair Tax concept used a 23% figure to replace current revenue (including federal income and payroll taxes). Although they claim it is 23%, it is closer to 30%. A $30 tax on a $100 product comes to 30%. But, they claim $30 is
    23% of $130.

What agency is going to do all the bureaucratic work entering how many children are in your family and sending out rebate payments to all those households? What keeps you from counting the children of others?

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Unless they have changed recently, the Fair Tax concept used a 23% figure to replace current revenue (including federal income and payroll taxes). Although they claim it is 23%, it is closer to 30%. A $30 tax on a $100 product comes to 30%. But, they claim $30 is
    23% of $130.

What agency is going to do all the bureaucratic work entering how many children are in your family and sending out rebate payments to all those households? What keeps you from counting the children of others?
    No system is perfect

I reject the notion that we have to replace current spending levels. That is the problem. The gobblement just spends and spends.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.1 For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-19-2018)

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    No system is perfect

I reject the notion that we have to replace current spending levels. That is the problem. The gobblement just spends and spends.
    I agree, but I also don't want to increase the deficit and debt that would occur if revenue decreased.

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

23% of $130.
    What they are saying is this:
    The FairTax rate after necessities is 23% compared to combining the 15% income tax bracket with the 7.65% of employee payroll taxes under the current system -- both of which will be eliminated!

In other words, you pay at a LOWER rate than you currently pay. The difference is that you don't see it because it is taken from you before you deposit your check.

In addition; when do you pay taxes under the FAIR tax? When you BUY stuff. Buy less; pay less. Get it?

A much SMALLER bureaucracy than the CURRENT bureaucracy that audits millions of people, reviews millions of tax filings for accuracy and takes citizens to court to defend themselves from tax evasion charges.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No system is perfect

What Flash doesn't realize is that spending levels will decline as a result of the FAIR tax in the elimination of thousands of Government jobs made irrelevant by this proposal.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I agree, but I also don't want to increase the deficit and debt that would occur if revenue decreased.
    Revenue would increase as a result of the FAIR tax and the massive economic boom it would create. The ONLY way to prevent deficits is for Congress to NOT spend more than they take in.

We don't have a REVENUE problem in this country as the Democratic Party of the Jackass claims, but rather, a SPENDING problem.

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Revenue would increase as a result of the FAIR tax and the massive economic boom it would create. The ONLY way to prevent deficits is for Congress to NOT spend more than they take in.

We don't have a REVENUE problem in this country as the Democratic Party of the Jackass claims, but rather, a SPENDING problem.
    That seems like an argument against the national sales tax---unless you want government to get more of the nation's revenue.

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quite often we hear from our leftist friends on JPP that the federal gobblement just isn't collecting enough of the hard earned money that American citizens make. I hear quite often from JPP leftists that the United States should enact the top marginal tax rates from the 1950s on "the rich". Depending on the leftist, they believe that the federal gobblement should confiscate anywhere from between 70-90% of the income earned by "the rich".

I believe that it is politically cheap to sit and call for what you believe others should have to pay in taxes. That is easy to say, particularly if it will never have to apply to you.

So the question I have for our board leftists is what percentage of your income do you think the federal gobblement should take from YOU personally? Not what you think they should take from others, but what you think they should take from you? What is the highest rate YOU want to pay out of your own pocket.

Personally, I believe that the federal gobblement should take NOmore than 15% from any American citizen. Period.

I wonder how many of our JPP leftist friends will have the courage to step up?
    What we hear is that those the left thinks has too much should have more taken. The left doesn't expect those that take but provide nothing to the cause to do their part.

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

everybody got a tax cut, is there a problem

seems like a no brainer
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-19-2018)

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Have the government stop spending on things for which no delegated authority exists.

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    everybody got a tax cut, is there a problem

seems like a no brainer
    Ever notice that when the lefties start talking about tax increases they only want it on certain groups, though?

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quite often we hear from our leftist friends on JPP that the federal gobblement just isn't collecting enough of the hard earned money that American citizens make. I hear quite often from JPP leftists that the United States should enact the top marginal tax rates from the 1950s on "the rich". Depending on the leftist, they believe that the federal gobblement should confiscate anywhere from between 70-90% of the income earned by "the rich".

I believe that it is politically cheap to sit and call for what you believe others should have to pay in taxes. That is easy to say, particularly if it will never have to apply to you.

So the question I have for our board leftists is what percentage of your income do you think the federal gobblement should take from YOU personally? Not what you think they should take from others, but what you think they should take from you? What is the highest rate YOU want to pay out of your own pocket.

Personally, I believe that the federal gobblement should take NOmore than 15% from any American citizen. Period.

I wonder how many of our JPP leftist friends will have the courage to step up?

America chose empire instead, fuck the unsubstantial people.

U.S. Military Personnel Deployments by Country
    https://www.visualcapitalist.com/u-s...ments-country/

The Worldwide Network of US Military Bases
    The main sources of information on these military installations (e.g. C. Johnson, the NATO Watch Committee, the International Network for the Abolition of Foreign Military Bases) reveal that the US operates and/or controls between 700 and 800 military bases Worldwide.

In this regard, Hugh d’Andrade and Bob Wing’s 2002 Map 1 entitled “U.S. Military Troops and Bases around the World, The Cost of ‘Permanent War'”, confirms the presence of US military personnel in 156 countries.
    The US Military has bases in 63 countries. Brand new military bases have been built since September 11, 2001 in seven countries.

In total, there are 255,065 US military personnel deployed Worldwide.

These facilities include a total of 845,441 different buildings and equipments. The underlying land surface is of the order of 30 million acres. According to Gelman, who examined 2005 official Pentagon data, the US is thought to own a total of 737 bases in foreign lands. Adding to the bases inside U.S. territory, the total land area occupied by US military bases domestically within the US and internationally is of the order of 2,202,735 hectares, which makes the Pentagon one of the largest landowners worldwide (Gelman, J., 2007).
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-wo...y-bases-2/5564

The United States Probably Has More Foreign Military Bases Than Any Other People, Nation, or Empire in History
    And it’s doing us more harm than good.

Meanwhile for the United States, investing taxpayer dollars in the construction and maintenance of overseas bases means forgoing investments in areas like education, transportation, housing, and healthcare, despite the fact that these industries are more of a boon to overall economic productivity and create more jobs compared to equivalent military spending. Think about what $85 billion per year would mean in terms of rebuilding the country’s crumbling civilian infrastructure.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/th...re-in-history/

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Ever notice that when the lefties start talking about tax increases they only want it on certain groups, though?
    It's like white folk and "entitlements" isn't it.

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Have the government stop spending on things for which no delegated authority exists.
    I agree. Does that include immigration control--I don't see any delegated authority for it? Or, the president's power to send troops with no congressional declaration of war? Or, presidential executive orders. Or, the president's power to fire people he has appointed?

I am not opposed to all those things--just pointing out there is no delegated authority for them.
    Last edited by Flash; 12-19-2018 at 01:48 PM.