Members banned from this thread: Nordberg, Frank Apisa, PoliTalker, Jack and montgomery

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tax rates. What say you?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Tax levels should be high enough to ensure all people have complete health coverage. To ensure our infrastructure is high class, safe and modern. To be high enough that we have a return to our school system that was the envy of other countries. Perhaps that is only acheivable with a higher tax rate and a huge slash in military funding. I am for that.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Quite often we hear from our leftist friends on JPP that the federal gobblement just isn't collecting enough of the hard earned money that American citizens make. I hear quite often from JPP leftists that the United States should enact the top marginal tax rates from the 1950s on "the rich". Depending on the leftist, they believe that the federal gobblement should confiscate anywhere from between 70-90% of the income earned by "the rich".

I believe that it is politically cheap to sit and call for what you believe others should have to pay in taxes. That is easy to say, particularly if it will never have to apply to you.

So the question I have for our board leftists is what percentage of your income do you think the federal gobblement should take from YOU personally? Not what you think they should take from others, but what you think they should take from you? What is the highest rate YOU want to pay out of your own pocket.

Personally, I believe that the federal gobblement should take NOmore than 15% from any American citizen. Period.

I wonder how many of our JPP leftist friends will have the courage to step up?
    I pay more than 15%. I really don't care.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Tax levels should be high enough to ensure all people have complete health coverage. To ensure our infrastructure is high class, safe and modern. To be high enough that we have a return to our school system that was the envy of other countries. Perhaps that is only acheivable with a higher tax rate and a huge slash in military funding. I am for that.
    It would be unfair of me to treat you any differently than I treated Frankie and Jackie.

Please go back and read the OP. You were asked a specific question as to what tax rate YOU personally think YOU should pay. I am confident that a committed leftist like yourself would be fine for others being taxed at 120% of their income to satisfy your generosity of spirit. But, that isn't what you are being asked.

You are being asked about the highest tax rate YOU want to pay.

If you do not want to answer that question or want to filibuster, then I will have no choice but to have you retro thread banned from this discussion.

You will bend the knee and comply or else

4. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.1 For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-17-2018)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    So you appear to be against generational wealth, while supporting policies that enable generational dependence to persist. I wish I could say I'm surprised.
    Screw family farms and family businesses, eh Frank? You're a shining example of how liberal policies come with terrible unintended consequences and that they don't work.

On topic, I think a 15% across the board income tax would be acceptable. And most definitely people should never get a refund greater than what was withheld.

Your original sentence is a phenomenal insight. It is short and to the point. It completely encapsulates leftists. Thank you for sharing that.

I agree with 15% and it should be for all people. Nobody should be exempt from paying federal income taxes.

I also think that all welfare should be structured as no interest loans to deter people from becoming generationally dependent on our good graces. Additionally, nobody getting welfare should get more than somebody who works.

My policies would advance a much more prosperous society for all and virtually end poverty as we know it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.1 For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (12-17-2018)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    IF YOU CANNOT TAKE THE HEAT...STOP CRYING AND BEGGING ME TO DO WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO.

GO FUCK YOURSELF.
    Why aren't you dead yet? Stop wasting our oxygen old man.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quite often we hear from our leftist friends on JPP that the federal gobblement just isn't collecting enough of the hard earned money that American citizens make. I hear quite often from JPP leftists that the United States should enact the top marginal tax rates from the 1950s on "the rich". Depending on the leftist, they believe that the federal gobblement should confiscate anywhere from between 70-90% of the income earned by "the rich".

I believe that it is politically cheap to sit and call for what you believe others should have to pay in taxes. That is easy to say, particularly if it will never have to apply to you.

So the question I have for our board leftists is what percentage of your income do you think the federal gobblement should take from YOU personally? Not what you think they should take from others, but what you think they should take from you? What is the highest rate YOU want to pay out of your own pocket.

Personally, I believe that the federal gobblement should take NOmore than 15% from any American citizen. Period.

I wonder how many of our JPP leftist friends will have the courage to step up?
    "what percentage of your income do you think the federal government should take from YOU personally?"

It is a misleading question, but playing the game, 18%, however that is eighteen percent given it is based upon a progressive tax system and deductibles plus write offs have been eliminated

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is interesting. The lower tax rates that some liberals on this thread think is fair to them are nowhere near enough to pay for the social programs they demand for themselves and others in this country.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    This is interesting. The lower tax rates that some liberals on this thread think is fair to them are nowhere near enough to pay for the social programs they demand for themselves and others in this country.
    It would be under a truly progressive tax system

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    It would be under a truly progressive tax system
    Not at all.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I would be happy with 10%, no deductions. I support a fair tax.
    ...and 90% for the rich, right?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not at all.
    Are you another one of those "you better keep your Government hands off my Medicare?"

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Are you another one of those "you better keep your Government hands off my Medicare?"
    No. I will never have a need for it. Just pointing out that those that want more and more social programs do not want their taxes to match what it costs.

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you surprised?

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Are you surprised?
    No. Just thought it was an interesting difference to bring up.

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,660 Times in 4,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I would exempt everyone at poverty level and below.
    Since the sales tax would have to be about 30% to equal current revenues, that is adding a lot of expense to all products and services. I can see the reason you do not want to increase cost to low income people by 30%, but that also destroys a lot of the simplicity of a sales tax.

Supposedly, prices could be reduced because businesses are no longer paying income taxes on those products, but few businesses pay 30%.

How do you exempt lower income from the sales tax? You would have to have them file income taxes with the amount of money they spend in sales tax annually. The Fair Tax would rebate every family a set amount based on family size--that means some government agency has to send out rebates to every family in America every month.

The Fair Tax people claim it would only take a 23% sales tax, but they are not being honest with their math.