Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benedict Arnold Award Goes to Jeff Sessions

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Default Benedict Arnold Award Goes to Jeff Sessions

There were a lot of candidates including Jeff Flake, Lisa Murkowski, Mitt Romney, Jason Chaiffetz, Barbara Comstock, and Susan Collins. McCain would be on the list except he's pushing up daisies now. Lindsay Graham was a candidate for the award until he redeemed himself during the Kavanaugh hearings.

What Sessions did was betrayal, pure and simple.

“Jeff Sessions Should Be Ashamed of Himself” For Allowing Mueller HOAX to Get Started in the First Place

President Trump lashed out at the Mueller witch hunt AGAIN on Sunday then turned his anger to former Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...e-first-place/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not only did Sessions let Mueller roam free without a leash, but he hurt the GOP in the mid terms by not blocking indictments.

Jeff Sessions threatens Republican midterm hopes with indictments

http://www.gopusa.com/trump-jeff-ses...h-indictments/

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump should win the Benedict Arnold award.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-17-2018), kudzu (12-18-2018)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Herb should win the Alfred E. Newman award for Stupidity.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-17-2018), Rune (12-18-2018)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Trump is right.

The Sessions recusal from everything Russian was utterly bone-headed. I’m still dumbfounded by it. I can’t figure out if Sessions was simply trying too hard to play Mr. Ethical AG; or whether he was weak character and allowed himself to intimidated into it—or maybe he’s just plain old dumb.

In any event, Sessions’ recusal greased the skids for Mullet’s appointment. We’d have no Mullet without it.

Within the Mullet investigation, no one EVER recuses. For anything. They can even be BFF with principal witnesses in the investigation. Clinton donors, doesn’t matter.

Weasels never recuse. Comes with being a weasel.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (12-17-2018)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    Trump is right.

The Sessions recusal from everything Russian was utterly bone-headed. I’m still dumbfounded by it. I can’t figure out if Sessions was simply trying too hard to play Mr. Ethical AG; or whether he was weak character and allowed himself to intimidated into it—or maybe he’s just plain old dumb.

In any event, Sessions’ recusal greased the skids for Mullet’s appointment. We’d have no Mullet without it.

Within the Mullet investigation, no one EVER recuses. For anything. They can even be BFF with principal witnesses in the investigation. Clinton donors, doesn’t matter.

Weasels never recuse. Comes with being a weasel.
    The reason for Mueller's appointment as Special Counsel...is because the ignorant abomination, Donald Trump, fired James Comey. IF that had not been done, the Special Counsel almost certainly would not have occurred.

Donald Trump is his own worst enemy.

His supporters are the biggest assholes on the planet.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-17-2018)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    There were a lot of candidates including Jeff Flake, Lisa Murkowski, Mitt Romney, Jason Chaiffetz, Barbara Comstock, and Susan Collins. McCain would be on the list except he's pushing up daisies now. Lindsay Graham was a candidate for the award until he redeemed himself during the Kavanaugh hearings.

“Jeff Sessions Should Be Ashamed of Himself” For Allowing Mueller HOAX to Get Started in the First Place

President Trump lashed out at the Mueller witch hunt AGAIN on Sunday then turned his anger to former Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

I think if anyone should get the Benedict Arnold award it should be James Comey, or possibly Clapper or Brennan.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    I think if anyone should get the Benedict Arnold award it should be James Comey, or possibly Clapper or Brennan.
    I'd still give the award to Sessions, but I see your point about Comey, especially they way he's coming down on Trump after he let Hillary escape a prison sentence.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

the Weasel Awards! (a group effort)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    What did Jason Chaffitz do to upset Trumptards? I see him all the time on Fox Business as a cheerleader.
    In an interview with Utah's Fox 13 News, Chaffetz said: “I’m out. I can no longer in good conscience endorse this person (Trump) for president. It is some of the most abhorrent and offensive comments that you can possibly imagine,”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tock/91784714/

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

In an interview with Utah's Fox 13 News, Chaffetz said: “I’m out. I can no longer in good conscience endorse this person (Trump) for president. It is some of the most abhorrent and offensive comments that you can possibly imagine,”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tock/91784714/
    Meanwhile, in 2018, Chaffitz cheerleads for Douchebag Donald all the time on Fox Business.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Meanwhile, in 2018, Chaffitz cheerleads for Douchebag Donald all the time on Fox Business.
    I will give Chaiffetz credit for finding reality before writing his book.

The former chairman of the House oversight committee has written a new book alleging a “deep state” conspiracy by federal employees to “protect” former President Barack Obama and “destroy” President Donald Trump.

The premise of the book by former Utah Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz is spelled out in its lengthy title: “The Deep State: How an army of bureaucrats protected Barack Obama and is working to destroy Donald Trump.” It is scheduled to be released on Sept. 18.

"The Deep State is real," Chaffetz wrote, according to the Salt Lake Tribune. "They don’t like exposure, accountability or responsibility. They fight back, outlast and work the system for their advantage. And they certainly don’t like disruptive forces such as Donald Trump.”

The “deep state” is a conspiracy theory promoted by Trump and some congressional conservatives that alleges that employees of federal agencies and the military are secretly conspiring to control or manipulate government policy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...te/1134430002/

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump started the Mueller investigation by bragging to the Russians, firing Comey and claiming 3 to 5 million illegal aliens voted in the presidential election.

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

May 19, 2017

Leer en español
    WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

The conversation, during a May 10 meeting — the day after he fired Mr. Comey — reinforces the notion that the president dismissed him primarily because of the bureau’s investigation into possible collusion between Mr. Trump’s campaign and Russian operatives. Mr. Trump said as much in one televised interview, but the White House has offered changing justifications for the firing.

continued

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/u...sia-comey.html
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-18-2018), Phantasmal (12-18-2018)

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Trump started the Mueller investigation by bragging to the Russians, firing Comey and claiming 3 to 5 million illegal aliens voted in the presidential election.

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

May 19, 2017

Leer en español
    WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

The conversation, during a May 10 meeting — the day after he fired Mr. Comey — reinforces the notion that the president dismissed him primarily because of the bureau’s investigation into possible collusion between Mr. Trump’s campaign and Russian operatives. Mr. Trump said as much in one televised interview, but the White House has offered changing justifications for the firing.

continued

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/u...sia-comey.html
    I thought you Democrats hated Comey after he reopened the investigation into Hillary's emails just one week prior to the 2016 election.