Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: New evidence shows Flynn innocent, Obama criminals falsely prosecuted him

1. #316 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

It does seem that the president knows something about Flynn's cooperation with Mueller...that causes him to be rather nice to Flynn.

That Acting AG must be filling the White House in on everything about the Mueller investigation. Except that Mueller is a crafty dude...and he may have more up his sleeve than anyone suspects.

This story is going to make one hell of a book at some point.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

kudzu (12-18-2018), mak2 (12-18-2018), Tranquillus in Exile (12-18-2018)

3. #317 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

I guess the OP was a bit off the mark, then ... I told Arminius he should have stuck to the Teutoberg Forest.

4. #318 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Referring to Flynn’s claims in a sentencing memo that FBI agents who interview him last year may have acted inappropriately, Rangappa said: “You don’t make those kinds of claims in a court document, alleging serious malfeasance, misconduct by the FBI — that calls into question your plea deal, your plea agreement — and then not expect the judge to, A, question you about it, and then, when you backtrack, to get, I think, understandably upset.”
    Flynn just wants it to go away i'm sure..
    But WHY would his atty contest the interview and then not followup?

I can't even blame the judge on this -it looked to me like he was giving Flynn a chance to recant his plea.
    Flynn's lawyers screwed up. they should have either pressed the point or not bought it up at all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

kudzu (12-18-2018)

6. #319 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Jimmy says he knows the guy, and he's a bot, or troll. Can't remember which. He seems to lie on purpose.
    do you know what a bot is? is this the new word old people throw around not knowing anything? what programming language do you think it's written in? why do you think OP can pass the turing test? like do you know how dumb you sound when you call people bots?

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

7. #320 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the National Security Advisor to the President of the United States. That undermines everything this flag over here stands for," the judge said. "Arguably you sold your country out."
    OMG. even the judge is fudged up!

what a morass of concocted bullshit this entire thing has become

8. #321 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluedream View Post
    do you know what a bot is? is this the new word old people throw around not knowing anything? what programming language do you think it's written in? why do you think OP can pass the turing test? like do you know how dumb you sound when you call people bots?
    Man, I'm totally with you on that! But it's not beyond the rules and so I don't waste my time complaining about that and similar bullshit behaviour of the children. It's the affliction of a forum on which the white trash talk is the norm and the adults just have to try to rise above it. You complaining about it just makes it worse! They crave an audience.
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.

9. #322 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post

I think Flynn is protecting his son. Mueller probably dug up a traffic ticket and threatened Flynn that he would put the kid away for 100 years.

What parent wouldn’t fall on a sword for their kid?

Well a leftist parent wouldn’t.

10. #323 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

What is a special counsel?

A special counsel is appointed when the attorney general (or, when he is recused, the acting attorney general – which is why it was the responsibility of Rosenstein and not Jeff Sessions) believes a criminal investigation into something or someone is warranted, but there would be a conflict of interest if the Department of Justice or a U.S. Attorney’s Office directly ran the investigation as they normally would.

The attorney general also has to believe that it’s in the public interest for a special counsel to take charge.

The case for a special counsel in these circumstances was relatively clear, given that the investigation started by the FBI was looking into possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign (which Comey confirmed in testimony before the House Intelligence Committee back in March).

That case was strengthened when Trump fired Comey and it emerged that Comey said Trump had leaned on him to end the investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

Democrats had been pressuring Rosenstein to appoint a counsel because he wrote a memo originally used by the White House to publicly justify Comey’s firing.

In a statement announcing Mueller’s appointment, Rosenstein wrote that, “based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command.”

The counsel has to be a lawyer from outside the U.S. government “with a reputation for integrity and impartial decisionmaking,” as well as appropriate experience. Mueller headed up the FBI for twelve years and is widely respected.

A special counsel serves a similar purpose to a special prosecutor or independent counsel, but the terminology has changed as different laws have governed the position.

Unlike the independent counsel, whose legal authorities under congressional statute expired, the special counsel is not wholly independent of the Justice Department, and may be removed for cause. The position is governed by a set of Department of Justice regulations, introduced in 1999 – 28 CFR Part 600.

A potentially important note: Rosenstein has the power to discontinue the investigation when it comes up for annual review. The regulation states: The special counsel must report to Attorney General annually and submit a budget request, at which point “[t]he Attorney General shall determine whether the investigation should continue and, if so, establish the budget for the next year.”

What is Mueller investigating?

continued

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-presi...his-job-637074
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

11. #324 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    I think Flynn is protecting his son. Mueller probably dug up a traffic ticket and threatened Flynn that he would put the kid away for 100 years.

Nope.. Flynn's crimes are about what he did in Turkey and Russia before and during his tenure as National Security Advisor.. Why didn't you know that by now?
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

12. #325 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post

Nope.. The judge actually gave Flynn a break. Not everyone is like Trump.. I mean we really need statemen in the WH not real estate agents. Remember? Remember moral leadership?

13. The Following User Groans At kudzu For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-19-2018)

14. #326 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Nope.. Flynn's crimes are about what he did in Turkey and Russia before and during his tenure as National Security Advisor.. Why didn't you know that by now?
    What tenure?

15. #327 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

Nice imagination you got there, have you ever thought about taking up creative writing?

16. The Following User Groans At Mr.Badguy For This Awful Post:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

Frank Apisa (12-19-2018)

18. #328 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What tenure?
    Tenure= the holding of an office.. Not exactly a wordsmith are you?

19. The Following User Groans At kudzu For This Awful Post:

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

domer76 (12-19-2018)

21. #329 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,896 Times in 21,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,687 Times in 5,190 Posts
    Blog Entries

I giggle every tome I rest the headline on this thread! Reality is hard for Rumppers!

22. #330 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Nope.. The judge actually gave Flynn a break. Not everyone is like Trump.. I mean we really need statemen in the WH not real estate agents. Remember? Remember moral leadership?
    oh please.Politicians are moral leaders? and if that's where you look for morals -you are not going to find them in DC.

Trump hasn't done any wars like Iraq or Libya though if you want "morals"

Flynn should never have even been there. The FBI ginned up the crime out of nothing of his doing

23. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post: