Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW!! Federal judge in TX declares obamacare UNCONSTITUTIONAL

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    My healthcare costs went from $400 month to NOW $1350 a month ....

I wish death upon Obama every time I write out my healthcare check !!!!
    ^^^^This...This is how sane people respond to the illegal nanny state policy disaster hilariously referred to as "The Affordable Care Act."

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    Except, the text of Obamacare and the words of the people who pushed Obamacare on the public clearly identified their (blatantly illegal) penalty for not purchasing something that you don't want as just that...a penalty, while going out of their way to deny that it was a tax. You don't just get to make up whatever you feel like, and neither does the SCOTUS.

Wrong.

IT’S TIME TO TRULY TEST THE CONSTITUTIONALITY OF OBAMACARE

Another thing that makes Obamacare blatantly illegal, other than the fact that the Federal Government has no authorization under the Constitution to even be involved in health care in the first place...

Don't illegally take over and destroy a system that more than 80% of Americans were happy with based entirely on an invented "crisis" and use it to lure people into maximum nanny state dependence...and it won't then hurt people to undo your illegal act.
    You want to keep paying healthcare premiums and out of pocket on top of healthcare taxes? Be my guest. We can make a universal healthcare system based on just the Medicare and Medicaid taxes we are already paying.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 Times in 17,269 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Except, the text of Obamacare and the words of the people who pushed Obamacare on the public clearly identified their (blatantly illegal) penalty for not purchasing something that you don't want as just that...a penalty, while going out of their way to deny that it was a tax. You don't just get to make up whatever you feel like, and neither does the SCOTUS.

Wrong.

IT’S TIME TO TRULY TEST THE CONSTITUTIONALITY OF OBAMACARE

Another thing that makes Obamacare blatantly illegal, other than the fact that the Federal Government has no authorization under the Constitution to even be involved in health care in the first place...

Don't illegally take over and destroy a system that more than 80% of Americans were happy with based entirely on an invented "crisis" and use it to lure people into maximum nanny state dependence...and it won't then hurt people to undo your illegal act.
    Almost nobody was happy with our healthcare system. You are young I guess and do not know healthcare has been a huge political football from FDR on. Both Repubs and Dems ran saying it was impossible to keep up with our health system which was breaking us. The cost has just kept going up while providing less and less. Obamacare could be fixed as it was intended to be. It was a foot in the door to a better system.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Althea (12-15-2018)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by distraff View Post
    You want to keep paying healthcare premiums and out of pocket on top of healthcare taxes?
    Of course not. I want to go back to affordable, accessible health care with actual choice...what existed before government got involved (see also what happened to tuition costs).

We can make a universal healthcare system based on just the Medicare and Medicaid taxes we are already paying.
    Or we can follow the Constitution and get the government back out of the way of good health care.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Almost nobody was happy with our healthcare system.
    Provably false.

As Obama Pushes National Health Care, Most Americans Already Happy With Coverage

"A survey conducted jointly by the Kaiser Family Foundation, ABC News and USA Today, released in October 2006, found that 89 percent of Americans were satisfied with their own personal medical care."

healthcare has been a huge political football from FDR on. Both Repubs and Dems ran saying it was impossible to keep up with our health system which was breaking us. The cost has just kept going up while providing less and less.
    And yes, ever since Democrats started illegally tampering with the system, it has gotten increasingly expensive, complicated, and dysfunctional...as with what happens with everything government takes over. But even with that, almost the entire country was happy with the existing system before Democrats spent more than a trillion dollars illegally taking it over and destroying it under Obama.

Obamacare could be fixed as it was intended to be. It was a foot in the door to a better system.
    Except for those who pay attention to history and what all the evidence (and the text of the bill itself) indicates. It was designed to fail and leave nothing standing but government.

Obamacare Was Designed to Explode -- Dems Want Single-Payer

OBAMACARE ARCHITECT: ACA DESIGNED TO IMPLODE, DESTROY INSURANCE COMPANIES

Social Welfare On The Cheap: Why Obamacare Was Built To Fail

What conservatives see when the unwise insist that total nanny state control won't end in catastrophe this time...

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 51 Times in 48 Posts

That's your insurance company, not Obamacare. If you want to complain, complain about the insurance companies.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Lung-Li-Chiao View Post
    That's your insurance company, not Obamacare. If you want to complain, complain about the insurance companies.
    This is what #Metoo activists would call "blaming the victim."

Overwhelming Evidence That Obamacare Caused Premiums To Increase Substantially

Now There Can Be No Doubt: Obamacare Has Increased Non-Group Premiums In Nearly All States

When does the 'affordable' in the Affordable Care Act kick in?

The Kaiser survey points out that since 2008, annual deductibles for covered workers have increased 212 percent — eight times the rate of inflation. And to think Democrats used to call high deductible coverage “junk insurance.” Yet, under ObamaCare deductibles have exploded.
    Last edited by artichoke; 12-15-2018 at 02:39 AM.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Of course not. I want to go back to affordable, accessible health care with actual choice...what existed before government got involved (see also what happened to tuition costs).

Or we can follow the Constitution and get the government back out of the way of good health care.
    You can't go back. We have a much older population, higher obesity, more expensive technology, and healthcare providers who know they can get customers at a higher price. There ain't no going back to the 50s.

If you get the government out of healthcare, then you won't be paying those payroll taxes but you will still have to pay those ridiculous healthcare premiums which keep going up every year. Personally I'd keep the payroll taxes and ditch the healthcare premiums, deductibles, and out of pocket.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You can't go back. We have a much older population, higher obesity, more expensive technology, and healthcare providers who know they can get customers at a higher price. There ain't no going back to the 50s.
    Government is what enables those higher prices. Get government out of the equation and what happens everywhere else with a sudden absence of nanny state interference will also happen with health care...liberals will fear-monger as the free market contradicts everything they predict, lowering costs, increasing choice, and everything else Obamacare was supposed to do but did the opposite of. And no, you simply saying we can't go back to the sane place where everyone was happy doesn't make it impossible to do it.

If you get the government out of healthcare, then you won't be paying those payroll taxes but you will still have to pay those ridiculous healthcare premiums which keep going up every year.
    Um...All the evidence shows that government involvement is what exploded costs. So, obviously, removing the source of the problem would solve said problem.

Personally I'd keep the payroll taxes and ditch the healthcare premiums, deductibles, and out of pocket.
    The more you get government out of it, the better everything will be. One of history's most consistent and emphatic lessons.
    Last edited by artichoke; 12-15-2018 at 02:40 AM.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Government is what enables those higher prices. Get government out of the equation and what happens everywhere else with a sudden absence of nanny state interference will also happen with health care...liberals will fear-monger as the free market contradicts everything they predict, lowering costs, increasing choice, and everything else Obamacare was supposed to do but did the opposite of. And no, you simply saying we can't go back to the sane place where everyone was happy doesn't make it impossible to do it.

Um...All the evidence shows that government involvement is what exploded costs. So, obviously, removing the source of the problem would solve said problem.

The more you get government out of it, the better everything will be. One of history's most consistent and emphatic lessons.
    Actually those higher prices are a result of lower price elasticity in the healthcare market. If you remove the government from the equation, then you just have healthcare companies dealing with hospitals (providers) and pharmaceutical companies, and that doesn't fix the cost problem at all, because thats what most people deal with anyway and their healthcare is very expensive. Hospitals charge 3.5 times the cost of care, American doctors are paid like small CEOs, and hospitals and drug companies earn 15% profit margins, .... and tylenol in hospitals cost $35 per pill.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually those higher prices are a result of lower price elasticity in the healthcare market. If you remove the government from the equation, then you just have healthcare companies dealing with hospitals (providers) and pharmaceutical companies, and that doesn't fix the cost problem at all, because thats what most people deal with anyway and their healthcare is very expensive.

No. What people deal with are insurance companies that are hamstrung by thousands upon thousands of regulations that strangle and complicate their relationships with providers and pharmaceutical companies into a state of dysfunction. And it was that way before Obamacare, but Obamacare created more than a hundred new bureaucracies that maximized this and made everything far worse. Getting back to free markets is not the same thing as getting back to what existed just before Obamacare. Not even close. It used to be very simple. You break your leg, you go pay a hospital or doctor's office some nominal fee to fix it, and insurance only existed for catastrophic care, like cancer. Then nanny state demagogues started propagandizing for laws to force insurance companies to "protect the poor" by covering this additional thing and that additional thing, until insurance companies were eventually required to be involved in every aspect of health care. That is when premiums started exploding. As usual, get the government back out of the equation and the problem will resolve itself.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Lung-Li-Chiao View Post
    Not necessarily. Many plans got killed off because of Obamacare leaving the insured no choice but to switch to another plan. I know a few people that happened to. I cannot change policies without being forbidden to re-enter the policy I am in because it is grandfathered in. At least that was the case up until this year. Not sure how the law changes will affect my insurer's ability to offer the high deductible HSA account policies now. Ironically, my ramp isn't nearly as bad as some of the bronze care policies and my per year out of pocket cap is much lower than some of them. I have a 2500 deductible with a 3800 out of pocket/person cap policy.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

artichoke (12-15-2018), PostmodernProphet (12-15-2018)

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,326 Times in 10,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mine hasn’t increased a penny. But I am employed

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

suck my dick government, you're not getting shit from me. I won't hold my breath for the roberts court, seems even republicans want to dick us over on this. but it sounds promising. without the mandate, the law itself is empty, as congress cannot compel someone to purchase something. that's why there was the tax for failing to purchase. but with that gone, it means that all that remains is a law telling people to buy something they dont want. unconstitutional.

i am young and you baby boomer vampires aren't getting my money, so FUCK OFF.

I recently had/have some decently serious health problems. Because I am not a poor life loser that literally sucks at everything like most democrats and JPPers, I did something remarkable - It's called paying things with the money you earn WOW what an interesting concept! I have just paid out of pocket, thousands of dollars, and doing the math it was still cheaper than obamacare and the 3k a year +6k deductible piece of garbage they would want a sucker young person to sign up for. I know the expected value of my health, I refuse to comply. Can't wait till all the sick people die from lack of coverage. time to take out the takers.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.