Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: WOW!! Federal judge in TX declares obamacare UNCONSTITUTIONAL

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 3,431 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,204 Times in 1,881 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post

It is a matter of record that the Constitution was ratified as a strict, narrowly-defined enumeration of federal powers. Anything not specifically spelled out in it as a federal power is a federal power that does not exist, and that must be left to the state and local levels.
    Yup - that's why the founders wrote the tenth amendment. The founders wanted the states to run the country and the federal govt small and weak.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by You thought it was View Post
    I'd like to point out that a deflationary spiral type recession - which is the type of recession that we were in - is the most dangerous, longest lasting, and potentially devastating type of recession. The last time we had experienced a depression of that type was the great depression. There was a real and genuine risk of things getting much worse than he did. Obama and Bernanke prevented a second great depression, and should definitely get credit for that. While if we had followed the austerity and strict monetary policies that Republicans were advocating at the time, we would have fallen off a cliff.
    Thanks! Great Point!

I would also like to thank Barney/Franks and the other regulations put in place for damn good reasons- that this reckless, careless, in-it-for-himself asshole president signed executive orders to overturn and allow all these same slimy bastards to fuck it all up again!

WTF? Oh well, it's his legacy- our misfortune!

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    My healthcare costs went from $400 month to NOW $1350 a month ....

I wish death upon Obama every time I write out my healthcare check !!!!
    That happened to millions of americans. Obamacare is just welfare. Poor people get cheap insurance paid by huge increases in premiums for the middle class.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Yup - that's why the founders wrote the tenth amendment. The founders wanted the states to run the country and the federal govt small and weak.
    Gomer, you are smaller and weaker than you have ever been under this Donald Trump regime! You just have't got the memo yet!

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'd like to point out that a deflationary spiral type recession - which is the type of recession that we were in - is the most dangerous, longest lasting, and potentially devastating type of recession. The last time we had experienced a depression of that type was the great depression. There was a real and genuine risk of things getting much worse than he did. Obama and Bernanke prevented a second great depression, and should definitely get credit for that. While if we had followed the austerity and strict monetary policies that Republicans were advocating at the time, we would have fallen off a cliff.
    HAHAHA. How you gonna prove that.?? Fact is obama gave the bankers TRILLIONS of dollars and got nothing in return. If the banks had truly brought us to the brink of an economic disaster, then obama would have demanded they be broken up so the same mess doesn't happen again in 10 years. Fact is there was no need to bail out the giant banks. The bailouts were just another scam. THINK

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Lunacy. A small part of the law that was no longer relevant or enforced basically would theoretically be unconstitutional, so throw out everything in the entire law nationwide? What a fucking lunatic. Should be disbarred. How many days until this is reversed?
    You don't understand the issue. It was essential to declaring obamacare constitutional that it be regarded as a tax. Now that that argument is gone, there is nothing left.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've paid the fine and I don't care. I consider it a tax. So I just find a way to reduce my taxable income to make up for it.

Last year I got the penalty waived thanks to my best friend helping me out. She does taxes for free for old people in nursing homes so she has tons of experience navigating the IRS system. I installed new hardwood floors in her house for her in exchange for her tax help. I drove out to Conn from Ohio and called it a vacation. LOL yep, I worked during my vacation.

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    With the push to increase minority home ownership (with no down payment) they allowed buyers to buy mortgages in excess of 30% of income.
    you're not going to pretend that started with Bush are you.....

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    The Housing crisis was brought on by the crazy exotic loans that ended up going tits up when people realized they couldn't come up with huge balloon payments required, and their new adjusted sky-high interest rates.
    that didn't happen in 2004......2004 was when the five year balloons came due......

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I don't know if that qualifies for a HSA contribution? Sounds like a Silver plan
    I am grandfathered in. I don't actually contribute to a HSA though anymore. You are not technically required to even have the account. You just can if you want. I prefer to keep the money in my own control. I funded one year when I first set up up as an emergency account but don't make yearly contributions (much to my CPA's disdain).

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    that didn't happen in 2004......2004 was when the five year balloons came due......
    Why you sneaky snake! LOL!

You don't think I didn't catch that did you?

The fact, that you just tried to blame the financial crisis of the Bush Administration off onto Bill Clinton!!!

We saw what you just did!

HILARIOUS!

Nice try- but go fuck yourself! LOL!

12. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

The pre-existing conditions protections is an invitation to fraud. People obviously wait till they get sick and then apply for insurance. You can't but house insurance after your house is on fire.
    But if we don't have those protections, you can get sick when not on insurance (e.g. unemployed, poor), or sick on a bad insurance and basically be screwed. We need a system that gets everyone insured or protects people with pre-existing conditions. I think the former makes a lot of sense. Lets just never even be in the situation when people become uninsured.

13. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Why you sneaky snake! LOL!

You don't think I didn't catch that did you?

The fact, that you just tried to blame the financial crisis of the Bush Administration off onto Bill Clinton!!!

!
    do you realize who authorized the change in regulations that permitted the federal government to guarantee the repayment of high risk mortgages?.......it wasn't someone working for the Bush administration.......its sad you still don't know this stuff......

14. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Obamacare is undoubtedly the major reason why America has descended to the level of a psychopath for president. It is the major reason why racism has begun to rise toward matching 60's standards.

And really, there's no way out of it now. The big insurance corps are low enough to promote the initiative to destroy any and all moves toward Univeral health care in America because it spells the end of their huge profits they make off the backs of the people. And racism is the most positive way of promoting their agenda!

As long as racism is alive and well in half of Americans at least, the solution to America's health care problem can be equated to succumbing to the black people's needs and wishes.

And so the battle goes on, especially in places like Texas, where the American people are so wrapped up in their racism and hate that they will cut their noses off to spite their faces. No ACA! Regardless of the fact that the current for profit system is bankrupting their relatives, friends, themselves, and ordinary poor people just like them!

Can ordinary Americans ever rise above their racist hating and do what they need to do to help themselves?

I, as a Canadian, am willing to help people learn the truths about how universal health care works for all the people, costs a fraction of the amount Americans are paying, and can bring better quality health care for ALL the people!
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.

15. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

It was unconstitutional when written since setting up a national health care system is NOT one of the listed powers of congress, though that's not the argument this judge is using.

The constitution, from its inception, has always been about protecting the ruling aristocracy from the rest of us, even if it means we die so they can acquire more. And of course it is always and forever the "other side" who is not abiding by it. Ho hum.