Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If we still had President Obama the Deficit would be lower.

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by montgomery View Post
    Nothing. Suggesting that you will be anointed king is off-topic spamming.
    Not really. It tells one a little about what my positions are. I find it amusing how some of them are very progressive yet the dims on the board consider me a hard core ultra right wing racist Trumpster only because I don't agree with 100% of their positions. Insufferable.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

OK, I'm perplexed. Why are you using the words debt and deficit interchangeably? They are not the same thing.
    OK, you educated me. We're on the same page just didn't realize it.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Not really. It tells one a little about what my positions are. I find it amusing how some of them are very progressive yet the dims on the board consider me a hard core ultra right wing racist Trumpster only because I don't agree with 100% of their positions. Insufferable.
    More off-topic spamming of this APP section. STOP IT!
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 157 Posts

Thanks for expressing your view. I disagree with it. Nothing you have said has caused me to doubt anything I have asserted. But I am very glad you have explained why you feel the way you do about things. While I disagree with your view, I completely support your right to express it. I actually think much of what you have said is best left unchallenged. Your views are so extremist that, for one who strives to separate fact from fiction, I think simply allowing you to voice how you think so much opinion is fact does more to cause rational minds to disagree with you than anything I could say. When I read what you have to write, I get the impression you have weakened your position and strengthened mine.

President Obama is far more popular than President Trump.

People trusted President Obama to guide us through the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. They chose him over John McCain because they believed he would do a better job with the economy. They still must believe that, because after what you claim was 'the worst recovery' (meaning a naturally expected longer slower recovery to a deeper recession,) they rate President Obama far higher than they do President Trump who has presided during a more-recovered economy than President Obama. Americans believe in President Obama's handling of the economy much stronger than they believe in President Trump.

My opinion remains unchanged:

The deficit would be lower if we still had President Obama
    The idea wasn't to change your opinion. It was to show that you are provably wrong. Your approval was not factored into the equation at all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to artichoke For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-19-2018)

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    OK, you educated me. We're on the same page just didn't realize it.
    Cool.

And thanks for saying so.

It is a pleasure to talk honestly and respectfully with someone as perceptive as yourself.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Arminius,

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    The idea wasn't to change your opinion. It was to show that you are provably wrong. Your approval was not factored into the equation at all.
    In my view, you have failed to prove me wrong. We are talking about opinions here. Proof is accomplished with facts. You have attempted a 'proof' by using your opinions, an exercise fraught with logical impossibility. Opinions 'prove' nothing. They are simply personal impressions of a situation.

Simply using and identifying with loaded spin buzz word sound bytes like 'the worst recovery' automatically leaves the realm of facts and enters full-on propaganda. As if all recessions are the same. Which they are not. So when a recession is deeper than the rest, more pronounced, more devastating to the economy, as was The Great Recession, it is only expected that a recovery from that is going to take longer. Criticizing policy makers by focusing on the amount of time required for a full recovery is thus disingenuous and nothing more than slanted opinion. Cherry picking and focusing on the negative without considering the context. That's bias, not proof.

I've presented my view, my opinion, that if we still had President Obama, that the deficit would be lower. I strongly believe that. But I have in no way attempted to assert that my opinion is fact, or tried to prove it. It's simply something I believe which cannot be proven one way or the other. I can provide supporting evidence, and there is plenty. But I understand it can't be proven. It is just something I believe in very strongly.

If we still had President Obama, the deficit would be lower.

I would give that a 99.9% chance of being true.

President Obama did not spend frivolously. Unless it is somehow 'frivolous' to Promote the General Welfare of the United States of America.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

iolo (12-19-2018)

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Cool.

And thanks for saying so.

It is a pleasure to talk honestly and respectfully with someone as perceptive as yourself.
    lol, I may just use that as my sig!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-19-2018)

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

It's a simple fact that with Obama the deficit would be lower. I have to caution everybody that decent conversation alone is subject to moderation for being off-topic. Be careful, and keep in mind that Obama is such a huge contrast to Trump. It's comparing the very worst of Trump with what could become the best president ever.
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.