Members banned from this thread: Truth Detector, CFM and Getin the ring

Thread: Scott "Scumbag" Walker signs legislation stripping incoming Democrats' power

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,003 Times in 8,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Default Scott "Scumbag" Walker signs legislation stripping incoming Democrats' power

Republicans are now officially scum.

It's no longer just an insult, they've actually devolved into scum.

CNN) - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker signed controversial legislation on Friday aimed at stripping power from the incoming governor and attorney general.

"Despite all the hype and hysteria out there, these bills do nothing to fundamentally diminish executive authority," Walker, a Republican, said in a statement. "The bottom line is the new governor will continue to be one of the most powerful chief executives in the country."

The legislation is designed to effectively prevent Democratic Gov.-elect Tony Evers and incoming Attorney General Josh Kaul from delivering on their campaign promises, including one bill that would require permission from the state Legislature before the state's executive branch could make waivers or changes to public assistance programs, including work- and drug-testing requirements for "able-bodied" adults.

The bills passed by the Republican-led Legislature would weaken the state's executive branch just as Democrats prepare to reclaim it after nearly a decade.

The bills also looked to reduce the number of early voting days and gives the Legislature veto power over whether to join or withdraw from various types of litigation, including a multi-state lawsuit seeking to invalidate Obamacare to which Wisconsin is a party.

In response to Walker's move, Evers issued a statement saying this would "no doubt" be Walker's legacy.

"Today, Governor Walker chose to ignore and override the will of the people of Wisconsin. This will no doubt be his legacy. The people demanded a change on November 6th, and they asked us to solve problems, not pick petty, political fights. The people of Wisconsin expect more from our government than what has happened in our state over the past few weeks," Evers' statement said.

Evers has previously said he wouldn't rule out pursuing legal action if Walker didn't veto the bill.
    Last week, when asked if he planned to sue over the matter if Walker didn't veto the legislation, Evers said on NBC's "Meet the Press" that he wasn't "making any promises one way or the other."

"All issues are on the table," Evers said last week. "I'm not making any promises one way or the other, but we're looking at all issues, all options at the table. I need to stand up for the people of Wisconsin. There's 2.6 million people that voted in this last election, and they expect me to do that. So I'm going to, we're going to pursue this."

In his statement Friday, Walker said his criteria when evaluating the bills was "simple."
    "My criteria when evaluating these bills were simple: Do they improve transparency? Do they increase accountability? Do they affirm stability? And do they protect the taxpayers? The answer is yes," Walker said in his statement.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/14/polit...sin/index.html
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Bourdeaux Nights (12-15-2018), Cypress (12-14-2018), Guno צְבִי (12-14-2018), Jade Dragon (12-14-2018), signalmankenneth (12-14-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,019 Times in 6,218 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

CNN) - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker signed controversial legislation on Friday aimed at stripping power from the incoming governor and attorney general.

"Despite all the hype and hysteria out there, these bills do nothing to fundamentally diminish executive authority," Walker, a Republican, said in a statement. "The bottom line is the new governor will continue to be one of the most powerful chief executives in the country."

The legislation is designed to effectively prevent Democratic Gov.-elect Tony Evers and incoming Attorney General Josh Kaul from delivering on their campaign promises, including one bill that would require permission from the state Legislature before the state's executive branch could make waivers or changes to public assistance programs, including work- and drug-testing requirements for "able-bodied" adults.

The bills passed by the Republican-led Legislature would weaken the state's executive branch just as Democrats prepare to reclaim it after nearly a decade.

The bills also looked to reduce the number of early voting days and gives the Legislature veto power over whether to join or withdraw from various types of litigation, including a multi-state lawsuit seeking to invalidate Obamacare to which Wisconsin is a party.

In response to Walker's move, Evers issued a statement saying this would "no doubt" be Walker's legacy.

"Today, Governor Walker chose to ignore and override the will of the people of Wisconsin. This will no doubt be his legacy. The people demanded a change on November 6th, and they asked us to solve problems, not pick petty, political fights. The people of Wisconsin expect more from our government than what has happened in our state over the past few weeks," Evers' statement said.

Evers has previously said he wouldn't rule out pursuing legal action if Walker didn't veto the bill.
    Last week, when asked if he planned to sue over the matter if Walker didn't veto the legislation, Evers said on NBC's "Meet the Press" that he wasn't "making any promises one way or the other."

"All issues are on the table," Evers said last week. "I'm not making any promises one way or the other, but we're looking at all issues, all options at the table. I need to stand up for the people of Wisconsin. There's 2.6 million people that voted in this last election, and they expect me to do that. So I'm going to, we're going to pursue this."

In his statement Friday, Walker said his criteria when evaluating the bills was "simple."
    "My criteria when evaluating these bills were simple: Do they improve transparency? Do they increase accountability? Do they affirm stability? And do they protect the taxpayers? The answer is yes," Walker said in his statement.

I've always disliked that little shit weasel.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

Cypress (12-14-2018), Guno צְבִי (12-14-2018), Nomad (12-14-2018), signalmankenneth (12-14-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,835 Times in 14,177 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

they did the same thing in NC, however it is being fought in the courts
    bring them down like feral dogs
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Nomad (12-14-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

The Republican Party has willfully decided to take on and emulate the role of the old Soviet Union, Josef Stalin, and the KGB - whose goal for decades was to discredit western democracy, subvert democracy, and basically demonstrate that American elites were actually authoritarians who only paid lip service to representative democracy.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (12-14-2018), Nomad (12-14-2018)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is what happens when you compromise with the devil.

I blame America for letting this go on for so long.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (12-14-2018)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,610 Times in 9,135 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

I hope the lawsuits to come from this pettish act, will overturn this?!! Scott Walker and his fellow pukes are sore losers and pieces of shit too!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Cypress (12-14-2018)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's amazing that states in our very own "free" and "democratic" United States are suddenly transforming into manage democracies a la Russia or Hungary right before our eyes. The people of Wisconsin don't really have a choice, the people voted for Democrats by a 54% margin, the Republicans still won a huge majority due to the electoral fraud that is gerrymandering. When they lose the only actually majoritarian and democratic contest in the state, the Republicans illegally strip power from the offices that the majority elected.

The message is clear - if the people ever choose to give power to the Republican party, they should not ever expect to receive it back. The Republican party thinks the Republican party is what matters, not the people. They are a parasites.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

I would like to remind you that never in my lifetime have the Democrats ever done anything resembling this upon losing an election. Only the Republicans are this dirty, and establish single party states.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

Nomad (12-14-2018)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

All's fair in love, war, and politics.

17. The Following User Groans At hvilleherb For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (12-14-2018)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I've always disliked that little shit weasel.
    I have a friend on another forum who lives in Wisconsin near Oshkosh.

He can't stand Walker either.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by You thought it was View Post
    I would like to remind you that never in my lifetime have the Democrats ever done anything resembling this upon losing an election. Only the Republicans are this dirty, and establish single party states.
    Like I said in the OP.... calling them "scum" is no longer just an insult.

They have really devolved into actual scum.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 51 Times in 48 Posts

I have a cousin in Sheboygan, WI, that doesn't like Walker, even though he voted for Trump.