Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Atlantic: The Corruption of the Republican Party

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    this meme gets posted a lot and I get that liberals love it but how does someone being rich and having money mean they are ruining someone else's life, unless you think life is a zero sum game?

I'm not rich but there's no "man" holding me down or being the reason I'm not rich.
    Hey, I'm glad you asked!

Let's take Donald Trump for instance! Donald Trump stands up there on his lofty little perch, and spreads hatred, division among us, and hyperbole about the weaknesses of our military, the dangers of minority immigrants, and lies about his opponents and liberals to a point that you YIP YAPS think your lives are being ruined by others.

When in fact, people like Donald Trump cater to your fears and prejudices, to the point of making you hate being Americans so bad, that he has to come along and magically make it great again for you.

When in fact, he is just feathering his own ass, having fun leading you Yip Yaps on, while he is in it strictly for the money while carrying out his criminal activities while hiding behind the Executive Powers of the office he holds!

Thanks for asking!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

kudzu (12-15-2018), Nomad (12-15-2018), TTQ64 (12-15-2018)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    NEWSFLASH: YOU'RE LOSING
    sure doesn't feel like it. the whole OP is about how conservatives have been kicking your ass for almost half a century now.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Hey, I'm glad you asked!

Let's take Donald Trump for instance! Donald Trump stands up there on his lofty little perch, and spreads hatred, division among us, and hyperbole about the weaknesses of our military, the dangers of minority immigrants, and lies about his opponents and liberals to a point that you YIP YAPS think your lives are being ruined by others.

When in fact, people like Donald Trump cater to your fears and prejudices, to the point of making you hate being Americans so bad, that he has to come along and magically make it great again for you.

When in fact, he is just feathering his own ass, having fun leading you Yip Yaps on, while he is in it strictly for the money while carrying out his criminal activities while hiding behind the Executive Powers of the office he holds!

Thanks for asking!
    When he's not attacking intelligence services and the Justice Dept...........
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

18 U.S. Code § 201 - Bribery of public officials and witnesses

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/201
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    18 U.S. Code § 201 - Bribery of public officials and witnesses

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/201

"I will break every law, and folks,...it's going to be soooo easy." Donald Trump rally.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hey, I'm glad you asked!

Thanks for asking!
    Except folks have used that meme well before Trump. What "man" is holding you down?

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Except folks have used that meme well before Trump. What "man" is holding you down?
    Read the goddamned op for Christ's sake!!!!!

Geez!!!!

Do you fuckers have to have it literally STOMPED into your heads????
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

It really is a good article.

Kinda hard to dispute.

I've not seen a single post which points out a single error in the article.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    unread trash..and I'm not even a fan of Republicans
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO you are the epitome of what a racist right wing republican is!

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluedream View Post
    sure doesn't feel like it. the whole OP is about how conservatives have been kicking your ass for almost half a century now.
    The fact that the HOW of it not only doesn't bother you in the least, but that you actually cheer it on, speaks volumes as to how brainwashed against the ideals America was founded upon you rotten r/w vermin are.

And why you can't be exterminated fast enough.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I managed to carve out a life for myself and didn't end up too shabby! We are all in charge of our destinies. For me, if I didn't feel I was being paid enough, I would fire my boss, and go hire me a new one somewhere else. It was a shame I had to do that so many times though. And let me just say that it was not often easy, as I faced several layoffs because of the IT career I happened to choose. Layoffs due to the offshoring of my job to foreign countries, or lay-offs due to being replaced by H1 Visa applicants. Or lay-offs due to the firm I worked for filing for bankruptcy etc.

But, I was lucky. In my days, I had good affordable healthcare and healthcare insurance for me and mine.

By the turn of the Century, that Insurance shit got up to where it was unaffordable and didn't pay shit for shit just when you needed it, and it just kept costing more and more every year! Basically the reasons for the ACA in the first place.

SO, A lot of things could have been much better for me, if the economies and job markets of the past would have been more stable.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Read the goddamned op for Christ's sake!!!!!

Geez!!!!

Do you fuckers have to have it literally STOMPED into your heads????
    Follow the conversation Nomad. We were discussing the meme he posted.

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I managed to carve out a life for myself and didn't end up too shabby! We are all in charge of our destinies. For me, if I didn't feel I was being paid enough, I would fire my boss, and go hire me a new one somewhere else. It was a shame I had to do that so many times though. And let me just say that it was not often easy, as I faced several layoffs because of the IT career I happened to choose. Layoffs due to the offshoring of my job to foreign countries, or lay-offs due to being replaced by H1 Visa applicants. Or lay-offs due to the firm I worked for filing for bankruptcy etc.

But, I was lucky. In my days, I had good affordable healthcare and healthcare insurance for me and mine.

By the turn of the Century, that Insurance shit got up to where it was unaffordable and didn't pay shit for shit just when you needed it, and it just kept costing more and more every year! Basically the reasons for the ACA in the first place.

SO, A lot of things could have been much better for me, if the economies and job markets of the past would have been more stable.
    A credit to you then. There are obviously things that occur that are out of our control. And there are always exceptions but most of us have the opportunity to live the best life possible and that is ultimately incumbent upon ourselves to do so.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO you are the epitome of what a racist right wing republican is!
    "I'm dreaming of a WHITE Christmas" --- you found me out!

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A credit to you then. There are obviously things that occur that are out of our control. And there are always exceptions but most of us have the opportunity to live the best life possible and that is ultimately incumbent upon ourselves to do so.
    Thanks, but, there were a few holes, and Damn! I fell into every one of them! LOL!

But, hey, you have to take some blame for yourself! I am not always sure I handled adversity in the best way possible in retrospect!

The thing is, to keep bringing bacon to the table, sometimes you have to just do it, no matter what, no matter whether it turned out to be right or wrong!

Sometimes you can be damned if you do- and damned if you don't!

But, let me just get this out of the way- There were many times when I didn't feel that the Government was looking after the best interest of the working man!

And many of those times were under Republican led branches of government!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-15-2018)