Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One and Anarchon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's That Swampy Drainy Thing Workin Out For Ya? Hunh? Has Corruption Been Reduced?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default How's That Swampy Drainy Thing Workin Out For Ya? Hunh? Has Corruption Been Reduced?

Trump has put, in many cases, the WORST possible choice for people to be in charge of things.

What does 'Drain The Swamp' mean? I took that to mean that Trump was going to clean up corruption in our government. To me, Corruption is the old Pay-Off. Big money goes into our government, figures out who to grease, and gets things done their way so they can get even richer. Right? That's corruption. That's the dirt, the muck. That's what we call 'The Swamp,' and that's what we are tired of, Right? So when we talk of draining the swamp, we want to have a clean government without this kind of corruption. I figured draining the swamp was a GREAT idea. Get rid of corruption.

So it's hard to understand why all these people who agreed with Trump that we need to Drain The Swamp are not angry with him for not doing that. He has made government corruption worse. So many of these government agencies are now doing the OPPOSITE of what they were supposed to do!

Education? The Secretary wants to kill public education and turn it into another for-profit business that primarily serves the rich and fails the poor.

Environment? You might as well change it to the Destruction of the Environment Department. Call it DED. And Dead is what everything is going to be if they had their way for long enough.
    Or maybe it should just be called the Energy Industry Protection Agency. That's about exactly what they do now.

Consumer Fraud Protection Bureau?
    Give us a break! Why do we have these agencies which do the exact opposite of what their name says they are? They took a fantastically wonderful operation created under Obama, the CFPB which, under Obama, forced greedy corporations to return $12 billion fraudulently ripped off dollars to more than 29 million Americans and THEY GUTTED it.

President Donald Trump and the regulators he appointed are taking a far less aggressive approach to consumer protection than their predecessors, delaying key regulations and imposing fewer penalties against financial institutions and other corporations accused of wrongdoing, according to a Washington Post review of available data and interviews with consumer advocates and government officials.

At the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, for example, enforcement actions have dropped from an average of three-to-five each month during the past four years down to zero since a Trump appointee took charge of the agency in late November.
    PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer:
    If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer?

If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it.

Thread thievery is the tool of trolls. It's what people do when they have been so impolite they got banned from a conversation. And then they're sorry and they feel left out. So they steal the thread, call it their own. Then they think they can be in the original conversation. But they can't. If you think thread thievery is cheap and low then don't support it. Save your comments for the original PoliTalker thread. PoliTalker thanks you.

The people banned from this thread were banned because they refused to be polite, so I refuse to talk to them. I came to talk about Just Plain Politics. That's why I am 'PoliTalker.'
    Chicago Tribune

What ever happened to that SWAMPY DRAINY THING, anyway? Hunh?

Ya don't hear that too much any more. Why isn't Trump yelling DRAIN THE SWAMP at his rallies any more? Hunh?

Go figure.

He IS the swamp. And we need to drain our government of HIM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Bourbon (12-14-2018), christiefan915 (12-15-2018), evince (12-14-2018), Guno צְבִי (12-14-2018), stoned (12-15-2018), Troll (12-14-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

They meant 'drain the swamp of anything even remotely liberal, anything beneficial to the poor and sick and old and laws we don't like'.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Troll For This Post:

evince (12-14-2018), Guno צְבִי (12-14-2018), iolo (12-15-2018), PoliTalker (12-14-2018), stoned (12-15-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,766 Times in 27,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

I guess you need nastier critters to run them out

Or maybe the plan is for them to kill each other

Maybe that is whats taking place

send in some contaminated creatures

they join with the swamp creatures and while they are busy contaminating each other we sick the justice system in to drain the water

lots of flopping creatures merely slowly die

6. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-14-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Donny is just the biggest nastier creature

he so loved us he sacrificed himself to save us

What a hero

there you go trumpanzies

you can love trumpy and still be happy all the evil republicans and trumpies have gone down

8. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-14-2018)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Does Trump figure the way to end corruption is to ramp it up and make it so blatant that it gets everyone's attention and then they take definitive action against it?
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 12-14-2018 at 01:00 PM. Reason: made 'definitive take' 'take definitive'
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (12-14-2018), Phantasmal (12-14-2018)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,163 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Does Trump figure the way to end corruption is to ramp it up and make it so blatant that it gets everyone's attention and then they definitive take action against it?
    Yes, he creates a mess, then reverses what he did and claims victory! It’s the craziest administration, ever!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

evince (12-14-2018), PoliTalker (12-14-2018)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Whatever happened to that SWAMPY DRAINY THING?
    The first two congressmen to endorse Trump in February, 2016 - Chris Collins (R-N.Y.) and Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) - are now awaiting trial for, respectively, securities fraud and misuse of campaign funds.

Hey, it's a start!

Otoh, Hunter says that the indictment is a "witch hunt" carried out by the "deep state", so I don't know what to think.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

evince (12-14-2018), PoliTalker (12-14-2018)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    well I guess we wont hear the right talk about running the government more like a business and us needing a CEO president anymore
    The only reason the right accepted Trump is because if they did, they could get power. It was either that or let Hillary be President. All the rest is just mental contortions meant to justify their decision.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (12-14-2018)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    and he actually didn't win

the republicans cheated voters out of their rights
    It is very true that Republicans did everything possible to stack the deck and rig the election process. Trump was the result, the declared 'winner' of the election.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Troll,

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    They meant 'drain the swamp of anything even remotely liberal, anything beneficial to the poor and sick and old and laws we don't like'.
    Do you think Republicans believe that? Do Republicans think the government safety net is corruption? 'The swamp?'

They don't care about the CFPB, don't understand what it is supposed to do, don't care if it becomes the financial industry profit protection bureau? The FIPPB?

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Seems to me corruption is worse with President Trump than it was with President Obama.

From the administration itself on down.

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

swampy draining continues to expose the deep Trump state

23. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-15-2018)

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Credit to Sarah Palin for inspiring the title of this thread.

(Sorry to bring up past embarrassments, conservatives. Well not so much, really. We all wondered how you could back her. Now that you elected President Trump, we no longer wonder. We know it's motivated by hatred.)
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 12-15-2018 at 05:20 PM. Reason: typo