Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One and Anarchon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Senate Unanimously Opposes President Trump

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Lazy bums don't know anything about Yemen or Saudi Arabia..
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello kudzu,

Ya know what Poli? I think your main purpose here on this forum is to 'troll' the rightist lowlife. It's just that it seems to be more of you posting with that purpose in mind than posting threads that are asking for civil discussion?

Not that I have anything about trolling, as it's properly defined because I don't. And I think it's a very abused term that usually allows biased moderators to act against their political opponents on other forums. It's invariably the last resort those moderators use to line up all their own political ducks.

I see that as a positive for this forum but unfortunately the indecency and trashiness is allowed to go too far on other issues that should be controlled.
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello montgomery,

Quote Originally Posted by montgomery View Post
    You could have named this thread: THE REPUB CONGRESS RATS STARTING TO DESERT THE SINKING SHIP!

But well done anyway because the lowlife who aren't allowed to post here will be frothing at the mouth.

How about allowing them to post on your threads on the APP section. They'll be as nice as they can possibly be!

That section of the forum acts like a crucifix to the witches, while it attracts decent rightists like bluedream!
    I don't thread-ban anybody in APP. But I am not going to drop my Ignore List.

I reserve the right to adhere to my Ignore policy, though. Once somebody mouths off AT me in any forum, I no longer wish to converse with that person ever in any forum. It doesn't matter which forum. If people want to talk to me they need to show basic respect. It is very sad if they later wish to amend their ways but I still refuse to talk to them. That permanence, coupled with the inevitable complaint comments made by the Ignored, serves as a very strong deterrent to others against testing me. It is so effective I have no plans to ever change that. It works very well just as it is. All I can say is take me for my word and don't flame on me and we will be fine. I have been given the tools to ensure that and I use them effectively. I would not be here if that were not the case. I make it very clear I do not come here to be ragged on or blamed for the nation's problems.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

The US Senate unanimously disagrees with President Trump on Saudi Arabia's leader MBS.

The US Senate is convinced MBS ordered the killing of a journalist who was critical of Saudi Arabia. Trump gives MBS the benefit of the doubt, refuses to listen to our intelligence services, which have determined MBS did it. MBS ordered that brutal killing.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer:

Washington Post: "Senate unanimously votes to condemn Saudi crown prince for Khashoggi killing"

When was the last time the Senate was completely in agreement and united on anything?

President Trump managed to get the Senate completely united - against him!

Better watch out, President Trump. When it is clear that you are wrong, the US Senate will vote against you. Party lines or not.
    to the bolded. there was unanimous consent on Russian sanctions as well.

The Senate should be more concerned about passing any legislation that the House continuously sends over
    instead of trying to usurp foreign policy -POTUS purview

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-15-2018)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,520 Times in 6,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Senators are a bunch of lilies - can't take a bit of degenerate dismemberment and a few million starved Yemenis. Lay it on 'em, Big Don.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi Monty,

Ya know what Poli? I think your main purpose here on this forum is to 'troll' the rightist lowlife.
    You are entitled to your own view. I certainly enjoy learning what the motivation is for opposing views. I come here to remain current, stay informed, and to learn why people hold their beliefs. That makes me feel more justified in holding my own if I can find flaws in their reasoning. It is a part of self-questioning. I try to avoid automatically assuming I am always correct. I am looking for things I did not previously see. Maybe I overlooked some important point that someone else can point out? That's why I am here. I enjoy interesting and informative political discussions. Politics is messy but it doesn't necessarily have to be dirty. There is a difference.

It's just that it seems to be more of you posting with that purpose in mind than posting threads that are asking for civil discussion?
    I didn't come here to ask for civil discussion. I come here to enjoy civil discussion. If I have to help remind people of what that is in order to experience more of it then I accept that. I view such efforts as a chore. It's not the reason I come here. I recognize that this place is what we make it. All of us put together. It is nothing without the participants. We all contribute our time. I'm just exploring what is possible. If the place becomes something more to my liking I can appreciate that. If it becomes something I don't like I have no reason to stay.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

The U.S. Senate on Wednesday approved new sanctions to punish Russia for interfering in the 2016 election. The bipartisan legislation, which passed with an overwhelming 97-2 vote, slaps new sanctions on Russia and restricts President Trump from easing them in the future without first receiving congressional approval.
    my mistake

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-15-2018)

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Hello montgomery,

I don't thread-ban anybody in APP. But I am not going to drop my Ignore List.

I reserve the right to adhere to my Ignore policy, though. Once somebody mouths off AT me in any forum, I no longer wish to converse with that person ever in any forum. It doesn't matter which forum. If people want to talk to me they need to show basic respect. It is very sad if they later wish to amend their ways but I still refuse to talk to them. That permanence, coupled with the inevitable complaint comments made by the Ignored, serves as a very strong deterrent to others against testing me. It is so effective I have no plans to ever change that. It works very well just as it is. All I can say is take me for my word and don't flame on me and we will be fine. I have been given the tools to ensure that and I use them effectively. I would not be here if that were not the case. I make it very clear I do not come here to be ragged on or blamed for the nation's problems.
    I really do get your schtick completely Poli but I feel that you're doing more to censor yourself needlessly than accomplishing much else. And it's just that opening up the APP section can now give you an alternative. You are posting there without having to thread ban anybody and you can do that because you are given the power to demand they remain within certain bounds of decency.

So they can either ignore you or behave themselves. Voila! You win! And I win too as it gains attention.

It doesn't have to be the only place members post either. Any time a member craves the ability to 'troll' or spam others, they can use the regular clusterfuk section. Then have the luxury of challenging others to come to the APP section and show what they're made of.

I'm pretty sure it's sticking in the craws of the meanest of their lot! Fuk em, they've made their beds and none of the mods are going to come and change their diapers!

But is there going to be a concerted effort by any mods to disrupt it and destroy it? I sure hope not?

edit: in a perfect world, the regular section of this forum will shut itself off and all the posting will be on the APP section!
    not in America.
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

They don't.. They are just acting like a bunch of lemmings.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    The Senators are a bunch of lilies - can't take a bit of degenerate dismemberment and a few million starved Yemenis. Lay it on 'em, Big Don.
    The war in Yemen has NOTHING to do with Khashoggi, moon.

What is Iran doing about their war?

I noticed where Iranians are converting to evangelical Christians in droves.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

The war in Yemen has NOTHING to do with Khashoggi, moon.

What is Iran doing about their war?

I noticed where Iranians are converting to evangelical Christians in droves.
    Iranians Are Converting To Evangelical Christianity In Turkey
    https://www.npr.org/2018/12/14/66966...nity-in-turkey

In Turkey and across the Middle East and Europe, evangelical Christians are converting Muslim refugees eager to emigrate to the West. The refugees in Turkey escaped Iran, where conversion to anything but Islam is illegal.

The converts in Turkey apply for asylum to a third country through the United Nations, claiming they would face religious persecution if they return home.
    Turkey hosts more than 3.5 million Syrians and other migrants escaping war and conflict.

But Turks are becoming increasingly intolerant of refugees. While the Turkish government allows freedom of religion and even protects churches in many cities, refugees are assigned to live in small conservative towns where they may face discrimination from the local population wary of evangelicals.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The converts in Turkey apply for asylum to a third country through the United Nations, claiming they would face religious persecution if they return home. ...Turks are becoming increasingly intolerant of refugees.
    they 'convert ' for asylum status,to get them out of Turkey
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Iranians Are Converting To Evangelical Christianity In Turkey
    https://www.npr.org/2018/12/14/66966...nity-in-turkey

In Turkey and across the Middle East and Europe, evangelical Christians are converting Muslim refugees eager to emigrate to the West. The refugees in Turkey escaped Iran, where conversion to anything but Islam is illegal.

The converts in Turkey apply for asylum to a third country through the United Nations, claiming they would face religious persecution if they return home.
    Turkey hosts more than 3.5 million Syrians and other migrants escaping war and conflict.

But Turks are becoming increasingly intolerant of refugees. While the Turkish government allows freedom of religion and even protects churches in many cities, refugees are assigned to live in small conservative towns where they may face discrimination from the local population wary of evangelicals.

Crazy.... Shia Islam is real big on end times theology and so are evangelicals. Do figure.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

dukkha (12-15-2018)

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Crazy.... Shia Islam is real big on end times theology and so are evangelicals. Do figure.
    hmm. never thought of that angle...very true,,I just figured they want out of Turkey ,,good point

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    they 'convert ' for asylum status,to get them out of Turkey
    Maybe not.. The men are clean shaven and the women wear short skirts.