Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One and Anarchon

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Senate Unanimously Opposes President Trump

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default US Senate Unanimously Opposes President Trump

The US Senate unanimously disagrees with President Trump on Saudi Arabia's leader MBS.

The US Senate is convinced MBS ordered the killing of a journalist who was critical of Saudi Arabia. Trump gives MBS the benefit of the doubt, refuses to listen to our intelligence services, which have determined MBS did it. MBS ordered that brutal killing.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer:
    If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer?

If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it.

Thread thievery is the tool of trolls. It's what people do when they have been so impolite they got banned from a conversation. And then they're sorry and they feel left out. So they steal the thread, call it their own. Then they think they can be in the original conversation. But they can't. If you think thread thievery is cheap and low then don't support it. Save your comments for the original PoliTalker thread. PoliTalker thanks you.

The people banned from this thread were banned because they refused to be polite, so I refuse to talk to them. I came to talk about Just Plain Politics. That's why I am 'PoliTalker.'
    Washington Post: "Senate unanimously votes to condemn Saudi crown prince for Khashoggi killing"

When was the last time the Senate was completely in agreement and united on anything?

President Trump managed to get the Senate completely united - against him!

Better watch out, President Trump. When it is clear that you are wrong, the US Senate will vote against you. Party lines or not.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (12-14-2018), Guno צְבִי (12-14-2018), Phantasmal (12-14-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Every single Republican in the Senate disagreed with the President.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-14-2018), Phantasmal (12-14-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maybe Trump thinks it's fake news.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

A little late to show Balls
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Troll (12-14-2018)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Wish we couild get more consensus on Trump's stuff from them.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Troll,

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Wish we couild get more consensus on Trump's stuff from them.
    Don't you realize the implication here?

When the Senate is absolutely convinced of something they will absolutely go against the President.

They are not blindly loyal to him.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Hello Troll,

Don't you realize the implication here?

When the Senate is absolutely convinced of something they will absolutely go against the President.

They are not blindly loyal to him.
    I will be in the bunker hiding from the upcoming twitter storm.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Troll For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-14-2018)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Troll,

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I will be in the bunker hiding from the upcoming twitter storm.
    LOL!

Good one. But as big as this is, it is taking a back seat to Trump's own personal legal issues.

It's like he has so many scandals going on simultaneously it diminishes the impact of each, almost desensitizes the public to it.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Hello Troll,

LOL!

Good one. But as big as this is, it is taking a back seat to Trump's own personal legal issues.

It's like he has so many scandals going on simultaneously it diminishes the impact of each, almost desensitizes the public to it.
    You could always try posting a thread such as this on the APP section. You might get more comments and even much better comments?
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello montgomery,

Quote Originally Posted by montgomery View Post
    You could always try posting a thread such as this on the APP section. You might get more comments and even much better comments?
    Maybe next time.

It probably doesn't matter. I thread ban anybody who has mouthed off at me previously, so my threads tend to be a lot more civil. I won't put up with incivility. Some who might be motivated to comment in one of my threads would not be able to do so in APP without first seeking special permission. That acts as a deterrent, but reduces the amount of moderation required in APP.

I would expect fewer comments on a thread begun in APP, but I will try it.

15. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-22-2018)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello montgomery,

Maybe next time.

It probably doesn't matter. I thread ban anybody who has mouthed off at me previously, so my threads tend to be a lot more civil. I won't put up with incivility. Some who might be motivated to comment in one of my threads would not be able to do so in APP without first seeking special permission. That acts as a deterrent, but reduces the amount of moderation required in APP.

I would expect fewer comments on a thread begun in APP, but I will try it.
    Well then you must not have any of the rightist children commenting on your threads! That's great! You have nothing to lose if you frequent the APP section more, other than make those children into decent adults!

They either behave appropriately or they can stew in their juices on the main section. I doubt any of them would have something to contribute anyway.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Same will be the objection to Donnie's shutting down the government by Congress!

There are only a few nutsacks that are still with Donald Trump on that one!

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lazy bums don't know anything about Yemen or Saudi Arabia..
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-15-2018)

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The US Senate unanimously disagrees with President Trump on Saudi Arabia's leader MBS.

The US Senate is convinced MBS ordered the killing of a journalist who was critical of Saudi Arabia. Trump gives MBS the benefit of the doubt, refuses to listen to our intelligence services, which have determined MBS did it. MBS ordered that brutal killing.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer:

Washington Post: "Senate unanimously votes to condemn Saudi crown prince for Khashoggi killing"

When was the last time the Senate was completely in agreement and united on anything?

President Trump managed to get the Senate completely united - against him!

Better watch out, President Trump. When it is clear that you are wrong, the US Senate will vote against you. Party lines or not.
    You could have named this thread: THE REPUB CONGRESS RATS STARTING TO DESERT THE SINKING SHIP!

But well done anyway because the lowlife who aren't allowed to post here will be frothing at the mouth.

How about allowing them to post on your threads on the APP section. They'll be as nice as they can possibly be!

That section of the forum acts like a crucifix to the witches, while it attracts decent rightists like bluedream!