1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Jameis Winston.
    Okay, he's a rapist too. He's also not on my fantasy football team.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Minister of Truth (12-23-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, they do. Jameis Winston.
    Yeah, definitely a rapist. He even paid her off. So, now, I guess I'll have to call him the Pittsburgh rapist and Jameis the Florida rapist.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,092 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Yeah, definitely a rapist. He even paid her off. So, now, I guess I'll have to call him the Pittsburgh rapist and Jameis the Florida rapist.
    Don't forget Adam Gotsis as the Denver rapist.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Yes, they do. Jameis Winston.
    Jameis played his college ball in the state of Florida, where being a felon is basically a prerequisite for athletics. I was disappointed when the Steelers didn't get him.

Anyway, I can't remember what he's done since arriving in the NFL, but, he did start the season off with a suspension.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't think I'll ever have cause to mention him, but okay.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Interesting that you defend the Pittsburgh rapist so heavily. It's really sad.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Interesting that you defend the Pittsburgh rapist so heavily. It's really sad.
    How in god's name did you come to that conclusion? I've never defended him. I wanted the Steelers to dump him.

I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of those who use Roethlisberger as the prime example of NFL assaulters while ignoring their own teams' crimes.

Such as the fact that your team ties for the most arrests in the entire NFL since the year 2000.

― Charles Dickens

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How in god's name did you come to that conclusion? I've never defended him. I wanted the Steelers to dump him.

I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of those who use Roethlisberger as the prime example of NFL assaulters while ignoring their own teams' crimes.

Such as the fact that your team ties for the most arrests in the entire NFL since the year 2000.
    I don't have a team. I haven't watched an NFL game in 3 years. I literally pick fantasy football players by stats and only play because the people I work with expect it. I've actually done better picking teams when I have no personal knowledge of the players.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Considering the fact that I don't watch the game... I still made it into our fantasy football Superbowl this year. Only one game to win and I get all the money.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Minister of Truth (12-20-2018)

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Stealers? they are a mess. Ravens might beat them for a playoff - but the real road to the Bowl goes thru KC -ya.
    In the AFC. It's looking like N.O. in the NFC. Teams seem to have figured out the Saints' offense but their special teams and defense have taken up where the offense left off. They're looking well rounded.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Go Steelers? Okay. I need them to do well for two more games. That's all. Two more. I'm in the playoffs in my fantasy football league and the rapist is my QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedream View Post
    this thread is a reverse jinx. I think the chiefs are going all the way this year. they are too solid.

Also go steelers.
    They play the Saints on Sunday night football, don't they? Should be a good game, both teams highly motivated and seemingly well matched.

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    They play the Saints on Sunday night football, don't they? Should be a good game, both teams highly motivated and seemingly well matched.
    I think they play at 4:00
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Margot Frank View Post
    I think they play at 4:00
    4:25.

― Charles Dickens

17. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Mason Michaels (12-22-2018)

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

FYI... It looks like the Pittsburgh Rapist has played just well enough for me to have a very good shot at the "Superbowl" this year. My opponent has 2 players in the Sunday night game, D. Williams from the Chefs, and the Chefs kicker... Those players would have to combine for 48 points for him to beat me.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts