Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brzezinski would be ‘banned’ from TV over homophobic slur if she were conservative

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    the murder was condemned. The question is about MbS role.

Of course I don't support any of this -
    but I do keep in perspective of our special relationship and the power blocks of the region
    Just what is so special about our relationship? It may have been at one time, but we no longer need their oil. From us, all they want are weapons

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Just what is so special about our relationship? It may have been at one time, but we no longer need their oil. From us, all they want are weapons
    ROFL. hopeless.

You need to understand the power blocks. and the states, and most of all Iranian hegemony/expansionism

I can't possibly give you a short hand answer..here..a bit dated but good background of Iran's expeditionary forces.

https://www.businessinsider.com/r-ir...ar-deal-2015-3
    The man behind what some see as an attempt to create a new Persian and Shi'ite "empire" on Arab land
    is Major General Qassem Soleimani, commander of the al-Quds brigade of the elite Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

the murder was condemned. The question is about MbS role.

Of course I don't support any of this -
    but I do keep in perspective of our special relationship and the power blocks of the region
    You can easily separate the two.

We worked with Russia in WW2 and condemned Communism at the same time.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

ROFL. hopeless.

You need to understand the power blocks. and the states, and most of all Iranian hegemony/expansionism

I can't possibly give you a short hand answer..here..a bit dated but good background of Iran's expeditionary forces.

https://www.businessinsider.com/r-ir...ar-deal-2015-3
    The man behind what some see as an attempt to create a new Persian and Shi'ite "empire" on Arab land
    is Major General Qassem Soleimani, commander of the al-Quds brigade of the elite Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).
    An article that is almost 4 years old is not very helpful.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Donnie bragged about actually doing this to unwilling women
    Really? Is that why he said "And they let you"?

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,168 Times in 33,866 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    President Trump claimed hypocrisy in the mainstream media on Thursday, declaring that MSNBC star Mika Brzezinski would be in hot water for calling Secretary of State Mike Pompeo a gay slur if she had different political views.

“If it was a Conservative that said what ‘crazed’ Mika Brzezinski stated on her show yesterday, using a certain horrible term, that person would be banned permanently from television,” Trump tweeted on Thursday. “She will probably be given a pass, despite their terrible ratings.”

Trump also congratulated U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, who condemned Brzezinski’s comment.

Outrageous,” Grenell wrote Wednesday after Brzezinski’s comment went viral. “This is totally unacceptable & deeply disturbing. Sexualizing gay people this way is designed to control them & minimize our worth.”

The Hill media reporter Joe Concha quoted Trump’s tweet and wrote, “He’s not wrong.”

MSNBC declined a request for comment.

The “Morning Joe” co-host apologized on Wednesday for using the homophobic slur when condemning Pompeo’s recent comments to Fox News regarding Saudi Arabia Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman’s involvement in the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Why doesn’t Mike Pompeo care right now?” Brzezinski asked. “Are the pathetic deflections that we just heard when he appeared on ‘Fox and Friends,’ is that a patriot speaking, or a wannabe dictator’s butt boy? I’m dead serious. I’m asking, are these the words of a patriot?”

Brzezinski eventually expressed regret on Twitter, but many industry watchdogs didn’t feel her apology was sufficient. Brzezinski didn’t offer a direct apology to the LGBT community for using the homophobic slur, she did make a direct apology to Sen. Dick Durban (D-IL), who was on the show when she said the offensive comment.

If Trump is accurate that Brzezinski will get a pass, it’s a drastic difference compared to the way NBC News handled now-former host Megyn Kelly’s infamous “blackface” comment. Kelly’s on-air gaffe resulted in segments on a variety of NBC News programs and her own colleagues, including Savannah Guthrie, Craig Melvin, and Al Roker, openly condemned her remarks before she was able to give her on-air apology. The troubled “Megyn Kelly Today” was eventually canceled as a result.

t is unclear why Kelly’s remark was a fireable offense, while no disciplinary actions were immediately taken against Brzezinski – who was absent from “Morning Joe” on Thursday because of what the network called a planned day off.

NBC News did not immediately respond when asked for a guide on what the network considers inappropriate.
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...e-conservative
    Butt buddies is not a homophobic term,
    Two very close friends that spend a lot of time together, and are rarely seen apart from each other. butt buddies definition by Urban Dictionary.Nov 28, 2014

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

You'll be hard pressed to find liberals who will defend Joe and Mika.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

President Trump claimed hypocrisy in the mainstream media on Thursday, declaring that MSNBC star Mika Brzezinski would be in hot water for calling Secretary of State Mike Pompeo a gay slur if she had different political views.

“If it was a Conservative that said what ‘crazed’ Mika Brzezinski stated on her show yesterday, using a certain horrible term, that person would be banned permanently from television,” Trump tweeted on Thursday. “She will probably be given a pass, despite their terrible ratings.”

Trump also congratulated U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, who condemned Brzezinski’s comment.

Outrageous,” Grenell wrote Wednesday after Brzezinski’s comment went viral. “This is totally unacceptable & deeply disturbing. Sexualizing gay people this way is designed to control them & minimize our worth.”

The Hill media reporter Joe Concha quoted Trump’s tweet and wrote, “He’s not wrong.”

The “Morning Joe” co-host apologized on Wednesday for using the homophobic slur when condemning Pompeo’s recent comments to Fox News regarding Saudi Arabia Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman’s involvement in the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Why doesn’t Mike Pompeo care right now?” Brzezinski asked. “Are the pathetic deflections that we just heard when he appeared on ‘Fox and Friends,’ is that a patriot speaking, or a wannabe dictator’s butt boy? I’m dead serious. I’m asking, are these the words of a patriot?”

Brzezinski eventually expressed regret on Twitter, but many industry watchdogs didn’t feel her apology was sufficient. Brzezinski didn’t offer a direct apology to the LGBT community for using the homophobic slur, she did make a direct apology to Sen. Dick Durban (D-IL), who was on the show when she said the offensive comment.

If Trump is accurate that Brzezinski will get a pass, it’s a drastic difference compared to the way NBC News handled now-former host Megyn Kelly’s infamous “blackface” comment. Kelly’s on-air gaffe resulted in segments on a variety of NBC News programs and her own colleagues, including Savannah Guthrie, Craig Melvin, and Al Roker, openly condemned her remarks before she was able to give her on-air apology. The troubled “Megyn Kelly Today” was eventually canceled as a result.

t is unclear why Kelly’s remark was a fireable offense, while no disciplinary actions were immediately taken against Brzezinski – who was absent from “Morning Joe” on Thursday because of what the network called a planned day off.

NBC News did not immediately respond when asked for a guide on what the network considers inappropriate.
    Of course nothing will happen. Leftists are always forgiven when they commit acts of racism and homophobia because they are good people don’t you know

They are so blinded by their hateful ideology they can’t see their hypocrisy

I used to watch Morning Shmo but had to stop. They are too annoying and anti American

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 982 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Two very close friends that spend a lot of time together, and are rarely seen apart from each other. butt buddies definition by Urban Dictionary.Nov 28, 2014
    That sounds like a very Trumpian defense. We all know what but buddies are.
    Be Best

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    did you check the PC manual as well? It's a slur. everyone views it as a slur. "believe"

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Of course nothing will happen. Leftists are always forgiven when they commit acts of racism and homophobia because they are good people don’t you know

They are so blinded by their hateful ideology they can’t see their hypocrisy

I used to watch Morning Shmo but had to stop. They are too annoying and anti American
    Why would liberals defend Joe or Mika? Both are Conservatives.

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    An article that is almost 4 years old is not very helpful.
    well dude. i told you it was dated,but it shows the beginning of this latest round of Iranian hegemony.

Which is one very big reason we keep the special relationship -also for anti-terrorism partnerships.

For the Russiaphobes; it's also a counter block to Iran/Russia/Hezbollah common "Shi'a Crescent" goals.

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

well dude. i told you it was dated,but it shows the beginning of this latest round of Iranian hegemony.

Which is one very big reason we keep the special relationship -also for anti-terrorism partnerships.

For the Russiaphobes; it's also a counter block to Iran/Russia/Hezbollah common "Shi'a Crescent" goals.
    If we hadn't invaded and destabilized Iraq, Iran's influence in the region would be much weaker than it currently is.

Who was it who said we had to invade and occupy Iraq? Oh right, Conservatives.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

mak2 (12-13-2018)

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 41 Posts

I don't want to live in a world where Brzezinski can't say "butt-boy". Lets leave her alone and let the usual suspects play censor.
    The anti-Trumper's new mantra:

“B-b-but muh White supremacy”

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    If we hadn't invaded and destabilized Iraq, Iran's influence in the region would be much weaker than it currently is.

Who was it who said we had to invade and occupy Iraq? Oh right, Conservatives.
    use the correct term - "neocons"