Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelosi says House Democrats will begin process to obtain Trump tax returns

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    On what grounds does Nancy need to see them? Trump's been in office for 2 years next month. He takes no salary.
    There's no legal requirement for government workers to show the public their past tax returns.
    Any returns prior to this are his business, not theirs.
    Wrong. He is an employee of the USA. He has to take a salary. He takes a salary of one dollar.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

You guys keep saying crimes yet you all never produce them. You produce a lot of sins and/or disgraceful behavior......but no crimes.
    Doesn't matter if crimes are pointed out. You simply deny that they are crimes.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Why don't you guys care about sins and disgraceful behavior anymore?
    I care.
    But, you all are droning about CRIMES in here. I'm sticking to the topic.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Why do people keep trying to reason with the Donald Trump Yip Yaps?

Donald Trump and his Yip Yaps do not understand reason!

You can't tell a Trump ass kisser anything- You have to show them!

Like we did on November 8th!

And even after they lost 40 House seats, they still think they won the election.

Save your breath people! You are just arguing with idiots!

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

I care.
    But, you all are droning about CRIMES in here. I'm sticking to the topic.
    If you're not worried about crimes then having a look see at Trump's taxes shouldn't reveal any. Nothing to worry about, right? So what's the big problem with finally having a look at the taxes he said he was going to show us anyway? You have a problem with holding him to his word?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (12-15-2018)

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    if Nancy tries to take Trump's tax returns we should wrap them in hers and her husband's.......
    I would like to see the financial reports and tax returns, on the Clinton Foundation!!
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Stretch,

If you're not worried about crimes then having a look see at Trump's taxes shouldn't reveal any. Nothing to worry about, right? So what's the big problem with finally having a look at the taxes he said he was going to show us anyway? You have a problem with holding him to his word?
    So you admit that they really have nothing and want to "take a look", as a fishing expedition.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Stretch,

That's an old argument. As I've said before...I don't care about any president's tax returns. I haven't cared since 1995 when they started this new "tradition", not "rule". I don't care (to the point of arguing and fighting) about the past in someone's life unless of course it's discovered that they fed live kittens to alligators or were serial murderers. I don't care about the endless news reports and forum discussions that will inevitably ensue regarding the self righteous having opinions on how much a man did or did not give to charity. Tax returns and all their intricacies, details, under payments or over payments are between a citizen, the IRS, their lawyers and auditors.
    Go for it...get his tax returns so you will have the next few years of something else to complain about. If they're produced, you'll hate him. If they're not produced, you'll hate him. Keep the blind hate going.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

On what grounds does Nancy need to see them? Trump's been in office for 2 years next month. He takes no salary.
    There's no legal requirement for government workers to show the public their past tax returns.
    Any returns prior to this are his business, not theirs.
    This may be a foreign concept to you, but doing the right thing is something people do regardless of what the law requires.

For half a century, presidents have made their taxes and finances public knowledge. Because that is how open, transparent, clean government is supposed to work in a representative democracy.

Your Fat Orange Pig should have nothing to hide and nothing to fear by making his taxes available. That's assuming he played fair, played by the rules, and did not do anything sleazy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (12-15-2018)

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    This may be a foreign concept to you, but doing the right thing is something people do regardless of what the law requires.

For half a century, presidents have made their taxes and finances public knowledge. Because that is how open, transparent, clean government is supposed to work in a representative democracy.

Your Fat Orange Pig should have nothing to hide and nothing to fear by making his taxes available. That's assuming he played fair, played by the rules, and did not do anything sleazy.
    So what? What's it to you? Just one more thing for you to hate about him? What else is new? Bet you dollars to doughnuts that you've already got your subject line title and response (either way) typed up, saved and ready to post. Go for it. That's your thing.
    I don't care. There are bigger fish to fry in the swamp.
    pain in abortion.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (12-14-2018)

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    then shouldn't you shut the fuck up?.....

open, transparent, clean government is supposed to work in a representative democracy.
    and obviously, this is the first time in fifty years that we've had trouble with our government, eh?.....

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,184 Times in 7,628 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I wish he'd just go ahead and resign.

Take the clan and defect to Russia.
    That would not be bad either.

I just want to see him gone...out of office and with that family out of "office" also.

He and Snowden could play chess!

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    We only be able to tell who he is beholding to or in bed with if we have his TAX RETURNS. Don't hand them over? SUBPOENA him! Go up and all the way to the Supreme Court. Of course MUELLER already has them! Timing will very likely make that unnecessary.
    Want to try that again, in English this time?
    Every life matters

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Pelosi says it'll happen when the new Congress convenes in January.

The way things are going, I'm not convinced Trump will even make it to January.
    Lol
    Every life matters

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Who says donate? He accepts no salary.
    Again how do you know? He claimed early on to be donating it to charity. Either way no way to know esp since he lies about everything.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Troll For This Post:

mak2 (12-14-2018)