Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Conservatives drinking themselves to death out of DESPAIR

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Strange. I guess healthcare costs never went up before Obama. Then there was the time Trump said he was going get everyone better healthcare cheaper, or something like that. Whatever happened to that?
    He's like PREMIUMS GREW 5%!

The ACA was signed into law in 2010.

From 2010-2016, the average premium increase was 4.24%
    From 2003-2009, the average premium increase was 6.27%
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

mak2 (12-13-2018)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Cypress, if I may ask. We've had the discussion before where because you are anti-free trade and anti-trade agreements are for the working guy, and people like myself who support free trade and trade agreements aren't. By definition we usually refer to the working class as those without college degrees.

Here we are in a thread basically celebrating the death of working class folks. And you are giving thanks to those people. Is that contradictory in any way that you supposedly support them economically (in your mind) but celebrate their deaths because you believe they vote differently than you? (although nothing in the article points to how these folks vote)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Cypress, if I may ask. We've had the discussion before where because you are anti-free trade and anti-trade agreements are for the working guy, and people like myself who support free trade and trade agreements aren't. By definition we usually refer to the working class as those without college degrees.

Here we are in a thread basically celebrating the death of working class folks. And you are giving thanks to those people. Is that contradictory in any way that you supposedly support them economically (in your mind) but celebrate their deaths because you believe they vote differently than you? (although nothing in the article points to how these folks vote)
    They're not "working class people". They're white working class people.

No other group of working class people are killing themselves out of despair.

It's exclusively a white Conservative thing; what other white, working class people could we be talking about?

And it should be celebrated.

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    They're not "working class people". They're white working class people.

No other group of working class people are killing themselves out of despair.

It's exclusively a white Conservative thing; what other white, working class people could we be talking about?

And it should be celebrated.
    Is your name Cypress? Don't respond to my posts, you know why. And go do an inhumane act to yourself.

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"Republicans = Conservative" L4 #56
    - piffle -

Republicans are political conservatives ... because they say so ?!

NEWS FLASH !!

Republicans claim the conservative banner for the prestige.
    But their bogus claim lifts them up, and simultaneously forces the word conservatism down by masquerading treacherous Republican partisanship for noble conservative ideology.

Please stop guzzling their Kool-aid. It is poisoning you as it has poisoned them.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Is your name Cypress? Don't respond to my posts, you know why. And go do an inhumane act to yourself.
    This is my OP, douchebag.

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    Republicans are political conservatives ... because they say so ?
    Yes.

NEWS FLASH !! Republicans claim the conservative banner for the prestige. But their bogus claim lifts them up, and simultaneously forces the word conservatism down by masquerading treacherous Republican partisanship for noble conservative ideology. Please stop guzzling their Kool-aid. It is poisoning you as it has poisoned them.
    This is "No True Scotsman".

HARD PASS.

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    - piffle -

Republicans are political conservatives ... because they say so ?!

NEWS FLASH !!

Republicans claim the conservative banner for the prestige.
    But their bogus claim lifts them up, and simultaneously forces the word conservatism down by masquerading treacherous Republican partisanship for noble conservative ideology.

Please stop guzzling their Kool-aid. It is poisoning you as it has poisoned them.
    The problem with this is that Conservatism itself is a moving bar that constantly redefines itself for no other reason than to avoid accountability for the failure of Conservative principles. So Conservatives get elected, can't govern for shit, and we're supposed to accept the notion that they're not really Conservatives?

They seem to not be Conservatives simply because their policies fail.

Conservatism is failure. No amount of "True Scotsman-ing" is going to change the inherent poison that is the belief system, regardless of who the messenger is.

The problem isn't the people saying they're Conservative; the problem is Conservatism.

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    LOL. I've cut down bigly after Trump got elected. Saving that money, and to a much larger extent the booming economy, allowed me to buy my new Porsche. "The best revenge is to live well."
    You better check the market. The boom has busted. At least in the stock market. Trumps first year was great, this year has royally sucked. My returns on last year paid for my Lincoln. My loses this year cost about as much. This year hurt bad.

If Trumps next two years are like his first year he should have no trouble getting elected. If they are like this year he's one and done. Assuming the Dems don't do something stupid like nominating Pelosi.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-13-2018)

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

So you stole someone else's video. So what?
    From someone who logged onto this forum with my screen name? Wow are you desperate.

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    You better check the market. The boom has busted. At least in the stock market. Trumps first year was great, this year has royally sucked. My returns on last year paid for my Lincoln. My loses this year cost about as much. This year hurt bad.

If Trumps next two years are like his first year he should have no trouble getting elected. If they are like this year he's one and done. Assuming the Dems don't do something stupid like nominating Pelosi.
    Using your stock portfolio to pay for your car wasn't a good idea. The only time that you lose in a down market is when you sell.

Peolsi is guaranteed that position. It's going to be very entertaining watching the old bat drift in and out of dementia.

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    From someone who logged onto this forum with my screen name? Wow are you desperate.
    Look man, if you want to abuse your indoor privileges for the people whose houses you clean so you can pretend they're yours, that's fine. Just don't involve me.

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,760 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

I never get tired of circulating this.

The Forces Driving Middle-Aged White People's 'Deaths Of Despair'
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ths-of-despair
    I didn't see anything in the article saying conservatives were more likely to fit that pattern.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

MAGA MAN (12-13-2018)

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I didn't see anything in the article saying conservatives were more likely to fit that pattern.
    Conservatives are pathetic, middle aged white people who have underachieved in life and just can't deal with it so they turn to the bottle and the needle.

Who else are Conservatives if not poor white trash?

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Look man, if you want to abuse your indoor privileges for the people whose houses you clean so you can pretend they're yours, that's fine. Just don't involve me.
    LOL You obviously read what your fellow losers wrote and now repeat it.