Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Conservatives drinking themselves to death out of DESPAIR

1. #286 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Free speech does not include incitement (although that is a vague and hard to prosecute charge) by Nazis or any other group. But any constitutional free speech applies to Nazis, communists, BLM, anti-fa, white supremacists, and every other person in the U. S.
    Not at all.

Completely wrong.

This is the "bothsiderism" I've been talking about.

You are equating BLM with Nazis because it normalizes Nazis, and because you're a binary thinker, you cannot think in terms of making distinctions and differences. And that's either because you're a lazy fucking asshole, or you are a Nazi who wants to normalize Nazism.

So which are you, a Nazi or a lazy fucking asshole?

BLM doesn't call for a worldwide system of white supremacy and subjugation or murder of anyone else. BLM calls for police to stop killing black people.

It's interesting that you think that black people protesting black people being killed by cops is the same thing as Nazis marching in the streets and chanting "Jews will not replace us".

Did I say "interesting"? I meant "wholly telling of your personal moral principles".
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #287 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The information about voter income are not "views" I hold, they are the widely accepted results of the electio
    No they're not, because you're withholding the demographic and racial breakdown of low-income voters.

I content you're deliberately holding that information back simply because it will show that an overwhelming majority of white voters in that low-income group voted for Trump.

3. #288 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, it got 46% of the American vote against 48% from Hillary. That normalizes both Dems and Reps. Your idea of morality is distorted by your partisan bigotry.
    This sentence you write literally makes no sense.

Even here, you're admitting fewer people voted for Trump than Clinton!

And how does this prove that white trash voters didn't vote for Trump?

4. #289 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your idea of morality is distorted by your partisan bigotry.
    Here's your morality:

BLM protests black people being killed by the police
    Nazis protest Jews replacing them with migrants from Central America

These are the same thing to you.

So your "morality" isn't "morality"...it's laziness because you're too lazy or too scared to make distinctions and differences.

You see people protesting and you automatically assume it's all the same simply because they're protesting. It doesn't matter what they're protesting...the mere fact that they're physically doing it is enough for you to make them the same.

That's why you have no moral character.

5. #290 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am just repeating facts to counter those who state otherwise.
    You're not repeating any facts.

You've been asked four times now to provide the racial and/or demographic breakdown of "poor voters" and every single time you've been asked for that, you refuse to provide.

Why?

6. #291 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,756 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Of course they vote.

They might not vote in the same numbers as other groups, but to say they do not vote is completely wrong.

You even posted stats showing what percentage of Trump's vote came from the poor white trash.

So it's interesting how you're avoiding the detail here.

First you said Clinton won a pluarility of the poor vote, then you said the poor don't vote, and now you're actively hiding the demographic breakdown of the poor vote simply because you don't want to admit that poor white trash voted for Trump, and poor white trash is also the white trash killing itself with drugs and booze.

If I'm wrong, simply post the demographic breakdown of the lower income groups and how those demographic groups voted. Here, I'll even get you started:

__% of black voters with income below $30K voted for Trump
    __% of white voters with income below $30K voted for Trump

All you have to do is fill in the number above.

If what you're saying is true, all those percentages should reflect the split Clinton had, right? After all,
    're saying all poor people vote the same regardless of race...er um, wait, poor people don't vote, right? Isn't that the tactic you're using to shirk accountability for your thinking?
    You are confusing the percent of people voting for a particular candidate with the total number in that category.

If the majority of voters making below $30,000 voted for Hillary, probably less than 40% of those voted. That leaves 60% of the poor white trash, poor black trash, poor Hispanic trash, and those killing themselves with drugs and alcohol who did not vote. Those who did vote are much less likely to be trash or killing themselves with drug and alcohol.

"Pew didn't exactly study based on income, but when the Census Bureau did in 2014, it found that among Americans in families making less than $10,000 (the lowest income group they studied), 24.5 percent voted"

"PolitiFact, for its part, gave Sanders' "80 percent of poor people didn't vote" claim a "Mostly True" rating.)"

"Pew’s data shows that almost half of the nonvoters were nonwhite and two-thirds were under age 50. More than half of those who didn’t vote earned less than $30,000 a year; more than half of those who did vote were over age 50."

_2_% of black voters with income below $30K voted for Trump
    _63 % of white voters with income below $30K voted for Trump

I never said poor people vote the same regardless of race. I said white trash is the same as black or brown trash. I obviously did not mean no poor people vote, my point was those on drugs and alcohol are among the 60% or so of those with incomes under $30,000 who are least likely to vote.

7. #292 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A fact is not a "view" unless it is contested by reliable sources.
    What you're doing is presenting a half-truth.

And you're doing that deliberately because you don't want to admit that I'm right.

So before when you said poor people voted for Clinton, that was a half-truth because not all poor people voted for Clinton.

Just the ones who weren't white.

The poor white people voted for Trump.

You left out the "facts" that prove that, didn't you? You deliberately held them out of your argument because a) you didn't want to admit poor white trash voted for Trump and b) you didn't want to admit poor white trash that voted for Trump is also killing itself with booze and drugs.

Now the question is, why didn't you want to admit that?

8. #293 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you seriously think people killing themselves with drugs and alcohol actually voted? Not likely--check voter turnout studies.
    I think poor white trash votes for Trump because they're poor white trash.

Also, the original study was from 2015, which you'd have known if you actually read the link.

9. #294 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are confusing the percent of people voting for a particular candidate with the total number in that category.
    YOU KEEP AVOIDING!

I asked simply, of the poor people who voted, what percentage of the white people voted for Trump?

10. #295 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If the majority of voters making below $30,000 voted for Hillary, probably less than 40% of those voted.
    Probably??

How about before you make a shitty argument, you get yourself centered on the facts and figures? Is that too much to ask, that you know what the fuck you're talking about?

Because, I gotta be honest...this sounds like you're making it all up as you go.

What percentage of eligible voters who make below $30K voted?
    What percentage of white eligible voters who make below $30K voted?
    What percentage of white eligible voters who make below $30K voted for Trump?

Very simple questions that will let us know how big Trump's base of white trash support is.

11. #296 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

hat leaves 60% of the poor white trash, poor black trash, poor Hispanic trash, and those killing themselves with drugs and alcohol who did not vote
    Moron, the study is about middle aged white people's mortality rate increasing since 2000 because of drugs and booze related to despair.

Why do you have such a hard time dealing with the subject of the OP?

12. #297 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That leaves 60% of the poor white trash, poor black trash, poor Hispanic trash, and those killing themselves with drugs and alcohol who did not vote
    Let's set one thing clear right now becuase this is obfuscation.

Only middle aged, poor white trash is seeing its mortality rate increase becuase of deaths from despair. All other racial groups did not see any increase to those rates, and actually saw declines.

So what you're trying to do is pretend the subject of the study and OP, which is "the forces driving middle-aged white people to deaths from despair", is applied to all racial groups when it's not.

The suicide rate by way of drugs and booze didn't increase for any other group except middle-aged white trash.

13. #298 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,756 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You're not repeating any facts.

You've been asked four times now to provide the racial and/or demographic breakdown of "poor voters" and every single time you've been asked for that, you refuse to provide.

Why?
    I don't know the answer to that. However, I assume it is fairly similar to the overall electorate. Those under $30,000 probably had a higher percentage of blacks, Hispanics, and those without college.

Men: 45%
    Women: 55%
    White: 74%
    Black: 10%
    Hispanic: 10%
    College Grad: 37%
    Non-College: 63%

14. #299 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Pew’s data shows that almost half of the nonvoters were nonwhite and two-thirds were under age 50. More than half of those who didn’t vote earned less than $30,000 a year; more than half of those who did vote were over age 50."

_2_% of black voters with income below $30K voted for Trump
    _63 % of white voters with income below $30K voted for Trump
    So exactly like I said...white trash voters make up Trump's base of support!

So thanks for confirming that which I've been saying this whole time.

Wow.

I never said poor people vote the same regardless of race
    That is precisely what you were arguing before.

That's why you kept resisting putting forth actual voter data on the % split of the white trash vote in 2016.

And you're STILL not doing that, instead choosing to post un-sourced numbers like above.

15. #300 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I obviously did not mean no poor people vote, my point was those on drugs and alcohol are among the 60% or so of those with incomes under $30,000 who are least likely to vote.
    "Pay no attention to the words I use, only pay attention to my intent after the fact, once I've had a chance to view my argument in context."

HARD PASS.

Also, what makes you think someone who votes wouldn't also drink themselves to death? You sound prejudiced there.