Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Merica

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    how old are you? 30's? 40? you sound like you have been sheltered and live within narrow mental borders , borderline retarded maybe? go hijack someone else's thread pissant
    lol, hijack? I'm responding to your thread. You're just like Trump, you want to go back to an economic time that won't exist again because of technology and the geo-political factors involved. You're stuck in the past.

But yes guno, I'm retarded because I understand that.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

I was born in 1950.
    You're old. That is all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Minister of Truth (12-13-2018)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Guno, what should have America's response been to the 9/11 attacks?
    One more sane response would have been to go after those responsible such as bin Laden. To invade an entire country was asinine.

If one wanted to get Hussein, who played no role in 911, the better solution would have been too arm the Kurds, and the Shi'ites, as Bush 41 had promised to do, and Clinton reneged on, and let them fight their own revolution.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    One more sane response would have been to go after those responsible such as bin Laden. To invade an entire country was asinine.

If one wanted to get Hussein, who played no role in 911, the better solution would have been too arm the Kurds, and the Shi'ites, as Bush 41 had promised to do, and Clinton reneged on, and let them fight their own revolution.
    I don't think anyone here is going to debate the merits of Iraq. That said, the attack was sponsored by the Taliban regime. Add to that the fact that contrarians continue to argue that we should have placed the blame on the Saudis, in part, or instead.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Flash (12-13-2018)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

lol, hijack? I'm responding to your thread. You're just like Trump, you want to go back to an economic time that won't exist again because of technology and the geo-political factors involved. You're stuck in the past.

But yes guno, I'm retarded because I understand that.
    My dad raised 7 kids on $6.50 an hour as a member of the AFL/CIO. We vacationed every year, went hunting, fishing, had a garden, and mom stayed at home. He received healthcare that covered the whole family, and bought three different homes the last one costing him 25,500 which is now valued at 450,000. Of course, his CEO received 27 times what he got not the 257 times the amount a CEO receives today.

But yes, the mentally retarded who have been brought up to believe that greed is good will find ways to blame the current situation on robotics, etc., not the greed of the 1-10%. And Trump does not want to go back to those times.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

Frank Apisa (12-13-2018), TTQ64 (12-14-2018)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I don't think anyone here is going to debate the merits of Iraq. That said, the attack was sponsored by the Taliban regime. Add to that the fact that contrarians continue to argue that we should have placed the blame on the Saudis, in part, or instead.
    The Taliban, who had nothing to do with the actual attack, was not in Iraq. Iraq was strictly a revenge attack by Baby Bush for threats made on Daddy Bush.

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

The Taliban, who had nothing to do with the actual attack, was not in Iraq. Iraq was strictly a revenge attack by Baby Bush for threats made on Daddy Bush.
    Can you re-read my quote before responding to it? There was a bit too much Iraq in your response for you to have comprehended.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

cawacko (12-13-2018)

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My dad raised 7 kids on $6.50 an hour as a member of the AFL/CIO. We vacationed every year, went hunting, fishing, had a garden, and mom stayed at home. He received healthcare that covered the whole family, and bought three different homes the last one costing him 25,500 which is now valued at 450,000. Of course, his CEO received 27 times what he got not the 257 times the amount a CEO receives today.

But yes, the mentally retarded who have been brought up to believe that greed is good will find ways to blame the current situation on robotics, etc., not the greed of the 1-10%. And Trump does not want to go back to those times.
    Was this during the '50's and '60's? Again, completely different time in the world. You have to look at the geo-politics of the day post WWII and prior to the technological revolution. We are never going back to those days. Republican/Democrat it doesn't matter. Those days are gone. Old people may remember them but no one young does.

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How should we have gone after bin Laden while not attacking Afghanistan and the Taliban? (not a rhetorical question)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

go after the county the hijackers were trained and come from , saudi
    So no response on what we should have done to Saudi Arabia?

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heff View Post
    You demand of others what you yourself refuse to do. I believe you want the state to take care of your fellow man because you failed at doing so.
    Fuck you, Asshole.

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Was this during the '50's and '60's? Again, completely different time in the world. You have to look at the geo-politics of the day post WWII and prior to the technological revolution. We are never going back to those days. Republican/Democrat it doesn't matter. Those days are gone. Old people may remember them but no one young does.
    Yeah...back in the 1950's we did not have anywhere near the mechanical and robot help we have now.

So why are people working so hard now...with all the help we have?

Huh?

Why are people working harder to make ends meet now...with all the mechanical advantage we have to do our work?

Why?

Why?

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Yeah...back in the 1950's we did not have anywhere near the mechanical and robot help we have now.

So why are people working so hard now...with all the help we have?

Huh?

Why are people working harder to make ends meet now...with all the mechanical advantage we have to do our work?

Why?

Why?
    I don't know man, I'm not a tech guy. We have access to info at our fingertips today people could only dream about years ago. But that doesn't mean life is going to be easy. We went from an Industrial Age to a technological one and there are older folks who haven't adjusted well to it.

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Young kids have no idea of what fun is, nor do they have any idea of what it means to invent your own entertainment. They can learn just as we did.

And the geo-politics is not the reason why we cannot "go back". It is the reliance on the almighty dollar, and greed, that prevents us from doing so.

I'm 74, born in 44. And the younger kids are learning. It is those in between that are lost.

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't know man, I'm not a tech guy. We have access to info at our fingertips today people could only dream about years ago. But that doesn't mean life is going to be easy. We went from an Industrial Age to a technological one and there are older folks who haven't adjusted well to it.
    Hoping someday you will understand that it is not the technology. It is the culture that created "Father knows best", "Little Beaver", "Ozzie and Harriet", "The Lone Ranger", etc. Perhaps the greater problem lies in the number of people on the earth that has created a world of self-centeredness. I was listening to a right wing talk show today, and the host was rattling on abut the accomplishments of Trump, and then he said that Trump had done more for Christianity then any other President. I probably should have stopped, and called, and asked him what Trump has done, but I knew it was a waste of time. I have went through this with him too many times. Trump has made a mockery of Christianity just as he has of the laws of the country. And the country will rue the day they ever elected the pervert. But that too is an example of how low the country has sunk.

It will take time, and hard work, to return the US to its former glory, however, there is hope in the generations two, and three, decades from now.