Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Stage is Set for Trump to Start Dealin'.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you're barking up the wrong scree......
    Maybe the right tree to bark up would be to ask you who misplaced the knitting needle or the rusty coathanger? What a shame!
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Trumpian crimes are a lot more than most people know. If he showed his taxes, you would have had a clue. But Trump and the Republican connections to Russian money and oligarchs is deeper and worse than most people know. https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...-gop-campaigns Trump should be in jail.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Donald Trump manned up and said he would take the heat for shutting down the government!

Let's see if he is man enough to man up and take the heat off of his adult children, by taking the blame for anything!

No he won't! Of COURSE!

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Donald Trump manned up and said he would take the heat for shutting down the government!

Let's see if he is man enough to man up and take the heat off of his adult children, by taking the blame for anything!

No he won't! Of COURSE!
    I think he may.

The only way this thing gets resolved without lots of bloodshed...is if Trump finally makes a deal (he loves to do that) and resigns. He can pretend that he got much the better of the deal. The deal will include him, and his spawn, not being prosecuted.

I sure hope that is the way it goes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

mak2 (12-13-2018)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I think he may.

The only way this thing gets resolved without lots of bloodshed...is if Trump finally makes a deal (he loves to do that) and resigns. He can pretend that he got much the better of the deal. The deal will include him, and his spawn, not being prosecuted.

Don't count on it!

Without executive power- Trump would already be in jail!

So, I just don't see Donald Trump giving up his executive power skirt that he is hiding behind.

Now, the 25th Amendment! That's still a possibility!

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's good to see Trump's banana republic WH rotting.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    It's good to see Trump's banana republic WH rotting.
    Yes it is.

This has been a disaster for our nation up 'til now.

I just hope the end game does not make things a lot worse.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think he may.

That's pretty well exactly what I've predicted Frank. It's American to be so shortsighted on the whole issue of Trump to not be able to see it. I think your maturity has enabled you to see through to being objective.

The GOP can't possibly be destroyed, no matter how badly the Dems would like to see it. I would suggest that the Dem leadership are secretly aware of that being not allowed to happen. But it's totally realistic to expect that they won't settle with anything less than the end of Trump.

Maybe we can at least agree that Mueller on behalf of the FBI, have all they need now to destroy Trump's children? There's no sane way of being able to deny that at least. They knew what Cohen knew and acted illegally in the same way Cohen acted. But Cohen made the deal and Trump's kids won't be offered the chance!

It's ending with a whimper instead of the big bang of Trump hitting the dirt.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by montgomery View Post
    No doubt now that what Cohen got as a reward for his sleazy co-operation with Trump, is now facing his kids. All three of the lowlife slime fukkers!
    And Cohen got 3 years because he cooperated. How much is sonny Donald, Eric, and Trump's little princess going to co-operate to save their scheming hides?

None, because Trump is going to do all the dealin necessary with the FBI and Mueller.

Seasons Greeting Trump family! LOL
    Perhaps Ivanka can "wiggle" her way out of this.
    Last edited by Fentoine Lum; 12-13-2018 at 02:29 PM.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's pretty well exactly what I've predicted Frank. It's American to be so shortsighted on the whole issue of Trump to not be able to see it. I think your maturity has enabled you to see through to being objective.

The GOP can't possibly be destroyed, no matter how badly the Dems would like to see it. I would suggest that the Dem leadership are secretly aware of that being not allowed to happen. But it's totally realistic to expect that they won't settle with anything less than the end of Trump.

Maybe we can at least agree that Mueller on behalf of the FBI, have all they need now to destroy Trump's children? There's no sane way of being able to deny that at least. They knew what Cohen knew and acted illegally in the same way Cohen acted. But Cohen made the deal and Trump's kids won't be offered the chance!

It's ending with a whimper instead of the big bang of Trump hitting the dirt.
    I agree, Monty.

I suspect Mueller has now come to the realization that someone has got to stop this ongoing train wreck...and that he has the means to do it.

As for the GOP...my position has not changed over decades now. The GOP makes an extremely effective loyal opposition...and has always been great at keeping the excesses of some liberal notions in check.

THAT is their forte.

What they cannot do...is to effectively govern.

In any case, it would be a disaster for our nation if the GOP were destroyed.

I hope America gets to work this out along the lines we have spoken of here. We have got to provide cover for GOP politicians who are under tremendous pressure because of the Trump base.

Everyone has got to have some face-saving...or this goes south quickly.

Senate just voted to end monies to Saudi Arabia...bucking Trump big time!

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I agree, Monty.

I suspect Mueller has now come to the realization that someone has got to stop this ongoing train wreck...and that he has the means to do it.

As for the GOP...my position has not changed over decades now. The GOP makes an extremely effective loyal opposition...and has always been great at keeping the excesses of some liberal notions in check.

THAT is their forte.

I hope America gets to work this out along the lines we have spoken of here. We have got to provide cover for GOP politicians who are under tremendous pressure because of the Trump base.

That's why nothing will really change, the face saving comes first.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I agree, Monty.

THAT is their forte.

Right on Frank! I think it takes some maturity to be able to see the light that's coming. It's the only possible way for it all to end.

Maybe discussing it between us will cause some other unusually bright bulbs to flicker to life. There are a few!

I will say though in the defence of Americans, if it was Canadian politics it would be equally difficult for me to rise above the partisan politics. That which we can agree upon is counter to the politics of both sides. Not something easy for any of them to swallow whole!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to montgomery For This Post:

Frank Apisa (12-13-2018)

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Right on Frank! I think it takes some maturity to be able to see the light that's coming. It's the only possible way for it all to end.

Maybe discussing it between us will cause some other unusually bright bulbs to flicker to life. There are a few!

I will say though in the defence of Americans, if it was Canadian politics it would be equally difficult for me to rise above the partisan politics. That which we can agree upon is counter to the politics of both sides. Not something easy for any of them to swallow whole!
    Do you anticipate either party beginning to push programs the public is in favor of? Or the same ole stuff where neither does?

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    That's why nothing will really change, the face saving comes first.
    Don't sell face-saving short, Lum.

Many a needed deal happened because both sides were able to claim some element of victory.

You certainly are free to argue for total victory...with no concession to the other side.

But if you think unconditional victories are more likely to lead to improvement in the human condition than victories with some element of "face-saving"...you are kidding yourself.

Fact is...a demand for "unconditional victory" more often leads to "NO VICTORY FOR EITHER SIDE."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

jimmymccready (12-13-2018)

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Maybe the right tree to bark up would be to ask you who misplaced the knitting needle or the rusty coathanger? What a shame!
    scree, not tree..........does abortion have something to do with this thread or are you just rambling again.......