Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Where would you rank Donald Trump amongst the greatest or worst US Presidents ever?

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,242 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny2009 View Post
    Everybody just wants to keep spending our kids and grandkids money...more more more...but do not make me pay for it...that is the motto of the day.
    We should spend more...on infrastructure and on expanding the safety net programs. We also should spend more on government research into drugs; on supplying educational opportunities to young people who cannot afford it; on medical care for people who cannot afford it; for space exploration...for so many other things.

We should pay for it.

Rich people should be paying much, much more...and the upper "middle class" also.

Yeah, you are correct. Spending is the problem. We are not doing anywhere near enough of it on the right things.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    We should spend more...on infrastructure and on expanding the safety net programs. We also should spend more on government research into drugs; on supplying educational opportunities to young people who cannot afford it; on medical care for people who cannot afford it; for space exploration...for so many other things.

We should pay for it.

Rich people should be paying much, much more...and the upper "middle class" also.

Yeah, you are correct. Spending is the problem. We are not doing anywhere near enough of it on the right things.
    We have a Constitution which lays out the government's responsibility and puts limits on the government.

None of those things are included in that document.

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We have a Constitution which lays out the government's responsibility and puts limits on the government.

None of those things are included in that document.
    We have a Constitution which lays out the way we elect the people who govern us.

THEY decide what we spend money on.

Not you.

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We have a Constitution which lays out the way we elect the people who govern us.

THEY decide what we spend money on.

Not you.

I take if you have never read it. Not surprised.

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I take if you have never read it. Not surprised.
    I've got a copy of it on the shelf alongside where I am sitting. I have read it several times...including a couple of times on the Internet.

You, apparently, do not understand it.

I am not surprised at that.

6. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

You have a very active imagination, I will give you that. Actually I explained why I hold those views when I said this....I am a small government, more personal freedom person. A live and let live motto.
    You're not a clever person.

You're as transparent as cellophane.

It's obvious you're trying to reposition yourself on the boards after the shellacking you took in last month's election.

That's why your profile was created literally a week after the election.

You were embarrassed by your support of Conservatives and Trump, that the election didn't go the way you thought it would, and rather than own up to being wrong you try to make believe you're a different person who just happened to stumble upon this forum a week after Conservatives suffered their worst electoral defeat in 40+ years.

pending is the problem dumb shit, we spend more than we bring in, a fuck ton more. But you are ok with that because you will not have to deal with the consequences, you will be dead and gone and my children and grandchildren will be paying for you to be a freeloader.
    Exactly like I said...you're masquerading your Conservatism as "both siderist" moderation, but coincidentally, your positions happen to nearly 100% align with your past Conservative positions, prior to your re-brand.

Who buys this shit?

I want to know, do you think you're convincing people of your sincerity? Do you think this comes off as genuine?

It doesn't.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (12-14-2018)

8. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've got a copy of it on the shelf alongside where I am sitting. I have read it several times...including a couple of times on the Internet.

You, apparently, do not understand it.

I am not surprised at that.
    If you had ever read it vice having it next to you for decorations you would know that it provides the roles and responsibilities of the Fed Govt.

9. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post

That's why your profile was created literally a week after the election

.... make believe you're a different person who just happened to stumble upon this forum a week after Conservatives suffered their worst electoral defeat in 40+ years.

You really suck at math. I joined this forum on 11 Dec 2018...the election was on Nov 6, 2018.

Since you lack the math skills to figure that out for yourself...that is more than literally a week. It is in fact literally more than a month after the election.

The funniest part of this is that I am not the only one you are accusing of doing this...it seems you whole MO is to make false accusations vice dealing with facts.

10. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You really suck at math. I joined this forum on 11 Dec 2018...the election was on Nov 6, 2018.
    You're right...I was confusing you with the other poster, montgomery, who is doing the same thing you're trying to do.

Still, a month after the worst defeat in 40 years, espousing the same Conservative beliefs as before, but thinking you can masquerade them as "both siderist".

No one buys it.

11. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Since you lack the math skills to figure that out for yourself...that is more than literally a week. It is in fact literally more than a month after the election
    Yeah, funny how that is, right? You suffer the worst defeat in 40+ years and then magically, a "both siderist" profile emerges that attempts to re-brand the same shitty Consevrative ideas that resulted in the electoral wipeout.

FRAUD.

The funniest part of this is that I am not the only one you are accusing of doing this...it seems you whole MO is to make false accusations vice dealing with facts.
    Yeah, there's two of you; montgomery is other other one. That profile was the one literally created one week after the election.

I know why you waited a month; you wanted to give it some time before re-emerging on the scene because appearing too soon would be too obvious.

Problem is, you're dropping hints here and there about your true self.

I bet if we cross-referenced the posts of some of the worst Conservative posters here with your profile, we'd see a sudden and dramatic decrease in the volume of posts from one profile that corresponds nearly 1:1 with the volume of posts with this new profile, right after the election.

12. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're right...I was confusing you with the other poster, montgomery, who is doing the same thing you're trying to do.

Still, a month after the worst defeat in 40 years, espousing the same Conservative beliefs as before, but thinking you can masquerade them as "both siderist".

No one buys it.
    That is why in another thread your counterpart from the far right sheep pen is calling me every name in the book for being a liberal.

You people are just not very smart, you cannot comprehend that someone is living outside of one of the two sheep pens.

How can this be the worst defeat in 40 years when 8 years ago the Dems lost 20 more seats in the House than the Repubs did this time?

13. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I bet if we cross-referenced the posts of some of the worst Conservative posters here with your profile, we'd see a sudden and dramatic decrease in the volume of posts from one profile that corresponds nearly 1:1 with the volume of posts with this new profile, right after the election.
    Go for it then...don't just talk trash, back it up.

14. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Please explain how ObamaCare added 1.27 trillion dollars to the deficit the FY that just ended.
    Here's How Many Billions Obamacare Will Cost in 2016

The non-partisan office estimates that the program will cost the federal government $1.34 trillion over the next decade, an increase of $136 billion from the CBO’s predictions in 2015. In 2016 alone, Obamacare will cost a total of $110 billion.

http://time.com/money/4271224/obamac...axpayers-2016/
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

15. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

If "spending is the problem"...it is because we do NOT SPEND ENOUGH...on things we need.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

16. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That is why in another thread your counterpart from the far right sheep pen is calling me every name in the book for being a liberal.
    I don't buy it.

There's nothing liberal about anything you post.

You fell back into your Conservative talking points the moment your positions were subject to the slightest scrutiny.

You're trying to establish board cred for yourself.

It's all for show, though. You're really just a Conservative who is trying to re-brand yourself to re-establish the credibility you lost after the election last month.