Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Where would you rank Donald Trump amongst the greatest or worst US Presidents ever?

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny2009 View Post
    I never said I was a moderate, I am just not a Repub or Dem. Moderates do not have strong views, I have very strong views...they just do not align with either party.
    You have very strong Conservative views that you're trying to re-frame with a brand new ID.

I see right through it.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Scaled back in Afghanistan? really? After he almost tripped the number there. you really are a clueless.

Attachment 8244
    Your own fucking chart shows that by the end of Obama's term, there were fewer troops in Afghanistan than there were when he took office.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As I said, I am what I am. I doubt many people will accept it, most people cannot think outside of the two party spectrum, to them everything is "lib vs Con" or "left vs right".
    I do not blame them too much, it is the way they have been raised, it is what the government wants...a divided populous is easier to control.
    That is the reason why the sheep from both sides are fighting over what I am...both of them want to label me part of the other side.
    It is funny as hell to watch. normally it does not happen in the same thread...this is great!
    See, Gunny2009 is a Conservative who previously on this board went all-in with Conservatism. Most likely spreading propaganda like #Walkaway or predicting a #RedWave. When neither happened, gunny2009 got panicked and decided to ditch the old ID and create a brand new one to basically start over with a new persona. It's a persona carefully crafted to provide as much breadth and width as possible in order to continue conveying Conservative ideas, but doing so as an "above it all" "both sider".

It's Gunny's way of avoiding accountability for being a Conservative fool.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

TTQ64 (12-13-2018)

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here is my POTUS voting record for my adult life...

Johnson - 2016
    Johnson - 2012
    Barr - 2008
    Badnarik - 2004
    Browne - 2000
    Perot. - 1996
    Clinton - 1992
    Bush I - 1988
    Reagan - 1984

I am a small government, more personal freedom person. A live and let live motto.

I am vehemently against deficit spending unless there is an emergency. This past FY we added 1.27 trillion to the national debt in the middle of a "booming economy"...that is totally unacceptable.

I am also against any laws designed to keep us safe from ourselves....seat belt laws, helmet laws, smoking bans and the like. I think that prostitution should be legal, if someone can get paid to have sex in front of a camera...then they should be able to without one.

I am think that pot should be as legal as beer.

I think that churches should not be tax exempt and I think that the government should not be in the marriage business.

And a lot of other things that do not fit in either party..
    Notice how superficial this declaration of principles is.

It stakes out positions without explaining why.

It's obvious why that context is absent; it's all posturing bullshit.

Gunny2009 was a Conservative on this forum that was adamant about his Trumpist Conservatism. He went all-in with Trump and Conservatives, spreading propaganda like #Walkaway or #RedWave, and grew tired of posters re-posting the bad predictions and mistaken positions. So to soothe his fragile ego, he created a brand new ID where he can reframe his Conservative positions as genuine, careful considerations of the facts.

Ask him what he thinks caused the massive deficit spike, he will say "spending is the problem".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (12-13-2018)

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am vehemently against deficit spending unless there is an emergency. This past FY we added 1.27 trillion to the national debt in the middle of a "booming economy"...that is totally unacceptable.
    You can thank Obamacare for most of this.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Trump is setting the bar for the worst president of all time. He has no respect for the law of institutions. He just does what he wants and defies you to stop him. He has no political or international understanding of how nations, allies and enemies have worked to stop conflict. Trump is at a point where he might think he needs a war to rally the people behind him. He would have no trouble doing it. This is a terrrible disaster going on. Just hope we survive it.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

christiefan915 (12-13-2018), LV426 (12-13-2018), PoliTalker (12-13-2018)

10. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump is setting the bar for the worst president of all time. He has no respect for the law of institutions. He just does what he wants and defies you to stop him. He has no political or international understanding of how nations, allies and enemies have worked to stop conflict. Trump is at a point where he might think he needs a war to rally the people behind him. He would have no trouble doing it. This is a terrrible disaster going on. Just hope we survive it.
    One thing's for sure...Conservatives will be saying that they never supported Trump the moment he leaves the Oval Office.

11. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You can thank Obamacare for most of this.
    Please explain how ObamaCare added 1.27 trillion dollars to the deficit the FY that just ended.

12. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Notice how superficial this declaration of principles is.

It stakes out positions without explaining why.

It's obvious why that context is absent; it's all posturing bullshit.

Gunny2009 was a Conservative on this forum that was adamant about his Trumpist Conservatism. He went all-in with Trump and Conservatives, spreading propaganda like #Walkaway or #RedWave, and grew tired of posters re-posting the bad predictions and mistaken positions. So to soothe his fragile ego, he created a brand new ID where he can reframe his Conservative positions as genuine, careful considerations of the facts.

Ask him what he thinks caused the massive deficit spike, he will say "spending is the problem".
    You have a very active imagination, I will give you that.

Actually I explained why I hold those views when I said this....I am a small government, more personal freedom person. A live and let live motto.

Spending is the problem dumb shit, we spend more than we bring in, a fuck ton more. But you are ok with that because you will not have to deal with the consequences, you will be dead and gone and my children and grandchildren will be paying for you to be a freeloader.

13. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Trump is the absolute worst of all the presidents and a complete embarrassment to America. But we should never forget that America has the capacity to outdo itself as the division of the country grows even more egregious.

Imagine! A no-mind piece of shit such as Sarah Palin becoming VP, then being in line for the presidency!

If Trump was possible, there's little doubt that Americans could have made the Palin Kunht the pres! How sick! The greatest country in the world? So was the Roman empire.
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to montgomery For This Post:

Frank Apisa (12-13-2018)

15. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sterling96 View Post
    Donald Trump ranked as the worst President in US history - according to political scientists

"According to political scientists, Donald Trump is the worst President in US history. What do you guys think?
    Donald Trump ranks as the worst president in United States history, according to a survey of political scientists.

All presidents were ranked in the 2018 Presidents and Executive Politics Presidential Greatness Survey. Experts part of the Presidents and Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association were asked to rank each president on a scale of 0-100.

Trump earned the lowest average score – 12.34. Abraham Lincoln"

Would you rank him above or below Hillary, Obama etc
    Rock bottom. And I never thought anybody could be worse than bush43.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

16. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I'd rank him 47th or 48th.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

17. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (12-13-2018)

18. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

You have a very active imagination, I will give you that.

Actually I explained why I hold those views when I said this....I am a small government, more personal freedom person. A live and let live motto.

Spending is the problem dumb shit, we spend more than we bring in, a fuck ton more. But you are ok with that because you will not have to deal with the consequences, you will be dead and gone and my children and grandchildren will be paying for you to be a freeloader.
    If "spending is the problem"...it is because we do NOT SPEND ENOUGH...on things we need. We need to spend more...MUCH MORE...on infrastructure...and on GREATLY EXPANDING safety net programs.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Nordberg (12-13-2018)

20. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Obama is number 8. Right behind Eisenhower, Truman, the Roosevelts, Jefferson, Lincoln and Washington.

Trump is rated as the worst President ever by the NYT:

44th out of 44

What a DISGRACE!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (12-14-2018)

22. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    If "spending is the problem"...it is because we do NOT SPEND ENOUGH...on things we need. We need to spend more...MUCH MORE...on infrastructure...and on GREATLY EXPANDING safety net programs.
    Everybody just wants to keep spending our kids and grandkids money...more more more...but do not make me pay for it...that is the motto of the day.