Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: “future is female”

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default “future is female”

“The future is female.” It’s a favorite slogan of the identity left that has now gone mainstream. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand tweeted it on Wednesday, adding that the future is also “intersectional” and “powered by our belief in one another.”

But if the future is female, what happens to our boys? And what message are we sending our present-day girls?

Gillibrand is one of about 30 Democrats considering running for president in 2020, and the tweet suggests she’s seizing some strategic left-wing ground (in a primary field crowded with lefties) by appealing to the Dems’ identity-obsessed base.

Her mentioning “intersectionality” is a nod to that base. Born in the ivory tower, intersectionality is a theory that various forms of oppression overlap and compound the suffering of minority groups. Thus, a woman might be oppressed; but a black woman is more oppressed; a black, gay woman even more so; and a black, gay, disabled woman is the most oppressed of all.

Gillibrand has two sons, who apparently aren’t part of the future their mother imagines. They won’t be saved by intersectionality, either. White, male sons of senators will find winning the grievance Olympics to be nearly impossible.

And that’s the problem with our “future is female” moment. It doesn’t so much celebrate women as make them compete in the hierarchy of victimhood in a world we tell them has never been theirs.

Your time is coming, women, but it isn’t here yet.

The accomplishments of women in history — the likes of Amelia Earhart, Harriet Tubman and Sandra Day O’Connor — become meaningless as we wait for a future where women will truly rule. It’s harmful to boys to imagine they are left out of the future, but it’s harmful for girls, too, to tell them they amount to little or nothing in our past or present.

It doesn’t help that the “future is female” slogan is several decades old. According to The New York Times, it traces back to a T-shirt made in 1975 for “Labyris Books, the first women’s bookstore” in the city. The irony that the slogan is popular again now, in the future more than 40 years later, seems lost on those splashing it on their social-media accounts.

The future they imagined in 1975 was going to be female. Did it never arrive?

In February 2017, Hillary Clinton used the phrase in a video she made for the Makers conference, a group that celebrates the achievements of women. It was the first time she’d spoken out since President Trump’s inauguration.

“Despite all the challenges we face,” she said, “I remain convinced that, yes, the future is female.” By then, Hillary Clinton had been elected senator, appointed secretary of state and nominated as the first female major-party presidential contender. It’s bizarre that she still thinks that the era of the woman is in some distant future.

Had she won the presidential election, would that have meant that era had finally arrived?

Now let’s tally the harms to boys. The slogan tells boys that they don’t matter — or that they belong to the past. The future belongs to women, we openly tell boys and then wonder why they are failing to become the men we’d hoped.

Fewer boys go to college. The number of men out of the workforce has spiked. More men commit suicide. More men live at home with their parents into their 30s than ever.

If the present is male, boys sure don’t seem to know it.

Boys are falling off a cliff, and we’re not doing anything to stop it. We’re making them the demons in the story we tell girls about who is at fault for keeping them down. It’s grotesque, and mothers and grandmothers like Kirsten Gillibrand and Hillary Clinton should know better.

Instead of waiting 20 years and then buying “the future is male” T-shirts to encourage men, let’s disregard those who divide us by gender and have an era with the kind of equality feminists claim to want.

This isn’t a time for women. Nor is it separately a time of men. We’ve been in this together since time immemorial. Americans shouldn’t allow divisiveness and reverse sexism to reign.

“I voted for you, but now I’m not included in your vision of the future?” one man tweeted at Gillibrand. Hehttps://nypost.com/2018/12/06/gillibrands-own-sons-have-no-place-in-her-future/ got no response. A slogan is far easier than an explanation.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,685 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

It was too painful to try to wade through this word salad, but I got the impression of an INCEL loser whining about the downtrodden white male not receiving the respect he feels entitled to.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

blackascoal (12-11-2018), FUCK THE POLICE (12-10-2018), Guno צְבִי (12-11-2018), iolo (12-11-2018), Phantasmal (12-11-2018), Rune (12-11-2018), spoon (12-11-2018)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    It was too painful to try to wade through this word salad, but I got the impression of an INCEL loser whining about the downtrodden white male not receiving the respect he feels entitled to.
    it's pretty good. PC is word salad. this is an attempt to chop the lettuce up -even if it's still not disgestible

5. The Following User Groans At dukkha For This Awful Post:

Rune (12-11-2018)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 34 Posts

I’m going to vote for Gillibrand simply because she is a women just like I voted for Obama simply because he is black. We are a mindless society.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

cri more bitch
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-11-2018), Rune (12-11-2018)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tkaffen View Post
    I’m going to vote for Gillibrand simply because she is a women just like I voted for Obama simply because he is black. We are a mindless society.
    And I'm going to vote for Trump simply because he's an ignorant white man.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-11-2018), Rune (12-11-2018)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by You thought it was View Post
    And I'm going to vote for Trump simply because he's an ignorant white man.
    the future is female!

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand". I stopped reading at the mention of this person. She's the one that stabbed Al Franken in the back. I won't be voting for that asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    “The future is female.” It’s a favorite slogan of the identity left that has now gone mainstream. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand tweeted it on Wednesday, adding that the future is also “intersectional” and “powered by our belief in one another.”

But if the future is female, what happens to our boys? And what message are we sending our present-day girls?

Gillibrand is one of about 30 Democrats considering running for president in 2020, and the tweet suggests she’s seizing some strategic left-wing ground (in a primary field crowded with lefties) by appealing to the Dems’ identity-obsessed base.

Her mentioning “intersectionality” is a nod to that base. Born in the ivory tower, intersectionality is a theory that various forms of oppression overlap and compound the suffering of minority groups. Thus, a woman might be oppressed; but a black woman is more oppressed; a black, gay woman even more so; and a black, gay, disabled woman is the most oppressed of all.

Gillibrand has two sons, who apparently aren’t part of the future their mother imagines. They won’t be saved by intersectionality, either. White, male sons of senators will find winning the grievance Olympics to be nearly impossible.

And that’s the problem with our “future is female” moment. It doesn’t so much celebrate women as make them compete in the hierarchy of victimhood in a world we tell them has never been theirs.

Your time is coming, women, but it isn’t here yet.

The accomplishments of women in history — the likes of Amelia Earhart, Harriet Tubman and Sandra Day O’Connor — become meaningless as we wait for a future where women will truly rule. It’s harmful to boys to imagine they are left out of the future, but it’s harmful for girls, too, to tell them they amount to little or nothing in our past or present.

It doesn’t help that the “future is female” slogan is several decades old. According to The New York Times, it traces back to a T-shirt made in 1975 for “Labyris Books, the first women’s bookstore” in the city. The irony that the slogan is popular again now, in the future more than 40 years later, seems lost on those splashing it on their social-media accounts.

The future they imagined in 1975 was going to be female. Did it never arrive?

In February 2017, Hillary Clinton used the phrase in a video she made for the Makers conference, a group that celebrates the achievements of women. It was the first time she’d spoken out since President Trump’s inauguration.

“Despite all the challenges we face,” she said, “I remain convinced that, yes, the future is female.” By then, Hillary Clinton had been elected senator, appointed secretary of state and nominated as the first female major-party presidential contender. It’s bizarre that she still thinks that the era of the woman is in some distant future.

Had she won the presidential election, would that have meant that era had finally arrived?

Now let’s tally the harms to boys. The slogan tells boys that they don’t matter — or that they belong to the past. The future belongs to women, we openly tell boys and then wonder why they are failing to become the men we’d hoped.

Fewer boys go to college. The number of men out of the workforce has spiked. More men commit suicide. More men live at home with their parents into their 30s than ever.

If the present is male, boys sure don’t seem to know it.

Boys are falling off a cliff, and we’re not doing anything to stop it. We’re making them the demons in the story we tell girls about who is at fault for keeping them down. It’s grotesque, and mothers and grandmothers like Kirsten Gillibrand and Hillary Clinton should know better.

Instead of waiting 20 years and then buying “the future is male” T-shirts to encourage men, let’s disregard those who divide us by gender and have an era with the kind of equality feminists claim to want.

This isn’t a time for women. Nor is it separately a time of men. We’ve been in this together since time immemorial. Americans shouldn’t allow divisiveness and reverse sexism to reign.

“I voted for you, but now I’m not included in your vision of the future?” one man tweeted at Gillibrand. Hehttps://nypost.com/2018/12/06/gillibrands-own-sons-have-no-place-in-her-future/ got no response. A slogan is far easier than an explanation.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,666 Times in 16,592 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Too many women are trying to prove that women can do everything that men do. Losing their unique God given qualities that set women apart.. a lioness does not try to be the lion.. she embraces her role as a lioness...powerful, ' strong, nurturing...she does not mistake meekness for weakness..* The world needs more kind, compassionate, humble, faithful, persevering, *‘confident, fierce, bold, pure, tender-hearted ‘ women.. ' Ladies?????.....be one of them..*

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Darth Omar (12-11-2018), Wolverine (12-11-2018)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    They're not just falling off a cliff, they're being pushed off a cliff and it starts in the schools.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

Rune (12-11-2018)

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    I got the impression of an INCEL loser whining about the downtrodden white male not receiving the respect he feels entitled to.
    Irony. Isn't it true that several women have asked the Court for injunctions to keep you from stalking and harassing them?

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

The left is basically insane.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    The left is basically insane.
    The right is basically stupid.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,165 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I am a women who has taught my boys that by building females up and not applying the old stereotypes to women that they are bettering themselves as well. These anti women types try to paint the narrative that when one gender succeeds, the other fails, when in fact, it’s not that way at all l, it is a win, win for all.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (12-11-2018)