Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: replacing the VP

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by montgomery View Post
    You don't pay attention very well so I'l just not bother trying with you anymore. If you paid attention you would understand that Russia has the potential to compete with the US and is already competing by getting in the way of US plans for more aggression in the ME.

You're trying to separate economic competition from competition as a nuclear power and that just doesn't work that way. As the US sanctions against Russia become more ineffective because of the competing alliance which is the BRiCS, you may come to understand better.

Maybe a way to help you understand would be to take the example of China before they became an economic threat to the US. Most people can appreciate that Russia will soon become another of the world's economic and military powers.

Or, maybe it's as simple as just telling you to try to understand why the US has been the aggressor in nearly 40 countries since WW2 alone. Were they geo-political competitors? Venezuela? Syria?
    You in no way have shown HOW it is they 'can compete with us'. IN WHAT? Their GDP is about 8% of ours.

No... NO ONE thinks Russia is going to become a competitor with China and the US economically. They have less than HALF our population, they do not have a diverse economy.

You are 100% wrong with regards to economic power vs. military power. Just because they have a lot of Nukes and can compete in that regard, it doesn't mean they are going to become an economic power.

You have no clue what you are talking about, which is precisely why you won't address any of the actual points I have made.

1) Their population is less than half of ours, about 1/10th of Chinas
    2) They are heavily dependent upon energy and minerals, which is why their GDP is SHRINKING over the past several years as oil prices have fallen.

China became a competitor because they have a population five times the size of ours. They became a competitor once they integrated Hong Kong and started opening up their markets to a more capitalistic approach (albeit with a Communist government).

But again I ask you... WHAT is it that you think is going to make Russia suddenly become a competitor in the next five or ten or twenty years or whatever timeline you are using? What sources are you reading that suggest that?

https://thehill.com/opinion/internat...on-is-baffling

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    https://www.factcheck.org/2008/04/re...ice-president/

if trump bails

Pense would get to pick a VP

BUT

that pick would have to be approved by both house and senate
    Jesus Fucking A Desh!! Who cares? What could be worse than a President Pence?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    You in no way have shown HOW it is they 'can compete with us'. IN WHAT? Their GDP is about 8% of ours.

No... NO ONE thinks Russia is going to become a competitor with China and the US economically. They have less than HALF our population, they do not have a diverse economy.

You are 100% wrong with regards to economic power vs. military power. Just because they have a lot of Nukes and can compete in that regard, it doesn't mean they are going to become an economic power.

You have no clue what you are talking about, which is precisely why you won't address any of the actual points I have made.

1) Their population is less than half of ours, about 1/10th of Chinas
    2) They are heavily dependent upon energy and minerals, which is why their GDP is SHRINKING over the past several years as oil prices have fallen.

China became a competitor because they have a population five times the size of ours. They became a competitor once they integrated Hong Kong and started opening up their markets to a more capitalistic approach (albeit with a Communist government).

But again I ask you... WHAT is it that you think is going to make Russia suddenly become a competitor in the next five or ten or twenty years or whatever timeline you are using? What sources are you reading that suggest that?

https://thehill.com/opinion/internat...on-is-baffling
    You refuse to accept that Russia has great potential in the future so I'll switch to a different tact with you. In fact, I already had but you seemed to not notice. The US traditional hate for the Soviet Union has now been transferred to hating Russia. That propaganda effort is greatly pursued in the US and that's hardly debatable. The ME countries, the Central American countries, and especially Venezuela are being interfered with by the US for the same reasons why Russia's wellbeing is being interfered with by the US. And none of them can be considered a geo-political threat to the US.

Unless you consider that a country becomes a geo-political threat if it aligns with another nuclear superpower which then makes that country invulneralbe to US interference and which leads to US led war.

China and Russia being strongly allied against US aggression will continue to gain the favour of all or most of the small countries the US sees as economically important to control in it's sphere of influence. The wishes of the governments and the peoples of those countries are turning their backs on the US and it's wars of aggression. That is the threat, and certainly not geo-political threats. Syria and Iran are prime examples.

For an example of a country that may suit your definition of a geo-political threat, I would suggest that North Korea meets the definition. Likewise China would consider that so for South Korea.

I am suggesting that your argument must be upheld by the US because it's a tactic used to make outright US aggression into something more acceptable.
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Jesus Fucking A Desh!! Who cares? What could be worse than a President Pence?
    President Desh.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (12-13-2018)

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    President Desh.
    No....I wish I could say that but...no...were talking about a guy so obtuse that the women in his State started sending him used sanitary napkins.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

christiefan915 (12-13-2018)

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    No....I wish I could say that but...no...were talking about a guy so obtuse that the women in his State started sending him used sanitary napkins.
    Is that on Pence or the women? Sounds to me like Indiana is fucked up every which way. Oh, and btw...President Watermark. Chew on that.

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You refuse to accept that Russia has great potential in the future so I'll switch to a different tact with you. In fact, I already had but you seemed to not notice. The US traditional hate for the Soviet Union has now been transferred to hating Russia. That propaganda effort is greatly pursued in the US and that's hardly debatable. The ME countries, the Central American countries, and especially Venezuela are being interfered with by the US for the same reasons why Russia's wellbeing is being interfered with by the US. And none of them can be considered a geo-political threat to the US.

Unless you consider that a country becomes a geo-political threat if it aligns with another nuclear superpower which then makes that country invulneralbe to US interference and which leads to US led war.

China and Russia being strongly allied against US aggression will continue to gain the favour of all or most of the small countries the US sees as economically important to control in it's sphere of influence. The wishes of the governments and the peoples of those countries are turning their backs on the US and it's wars of aggression. That is the threat, and certainly not geo-political threats. Syria and Iran are prime examples.

For an example of a country that may suit your definition of a geo-political threat, I would suggest that North Korea meets the definition. Likewise China would consider that so for South Korea.

I am suggesting that your argument must be upheld by the US because it's a tactic used to make outright US aggression into something more acceptable.
    For the final time. GIVE a friggin example of HOW they are going to become a competitor. Give an example of where you are getting your information. Restating the same nonsense over and over again, while at the same time refusing to address the questions and points I have made suggests you have no intention of an honest discussion on this.

Why do you continue to refuse to answer?

I have already addressed your 'points'. Are you not honest enough to do the same?

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

For the final time. GIVE a friggin example of HOW they are going to become a competitor. Give an example of where you are getting your information. Restating the same nonsense over and over again, while at the same time refusing to address the questions and points I have made suggests you have no intention of an honest discussion on this.

I have already addressed your 'points'. Are you not honest enough to do the same?
    No, he's not.

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

You gotta love that "Stepford Wife Stare" Pence has for Donald Trump!

How romantic!

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Your politics as an American doesn't allow you to agree with any points I've made. You're forced by the propaganda efforts of your country to view other nations as geo-political threats to the US.

If you're not capable of stating some other reasons for nearly 40 US wars of aggresssion since WW2, then I'm claiming that you are avoiding the truth and are thusly defeated. Now you have the paramaters of the challenge. Deal with it or we're finished.
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your politics as an American doesn't allow you to agree with any points I've made. You're forced by the propaganda efforts of your country to view other nations as geo-political threats to the US.

If you're not capable of stating some other reasons for nearly 40 US wars of aggresssion since WW2, then I'm claiming that you are avoiding the truth and are thusly defeated. Now you have the paramaters of the challenge. Deal with it or we're finished.
    You keep rambling about politics. My points are ECONOMIC. You continue to run away from my points. How do you explain their DECLINING GDP? How do you think that their population is going to DOUBLE the per capita GDP of the US? What areas in their economy are expanding?

40 years of US aggression has NOTHING to do with the economic potential of Russia. Nothing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

cawacko (12-13-2018)

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

veeps have the easiest jobs on the planet.

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Is that on Pence or the women? Sounds to me like Indiana is fucked up every which way. Oh, and btw...President Watermark. Chew on that.
    What a terrible dichotomy.

The great thing about America is anyone can become President and the scary thing about America is anyone can become President.

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    veeps have the easiest jobs on the planet.
    G. W. Bush's comment about having to attend all the funerals for various people when VP--"You die, we fly."

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Just as your anti-American attitudes are shaped by propaganda--the same old cliches that never seem to change.