Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the difference between the old and new covenant ? Frank

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Default What is the difference between the old and new covenant ? Frank

Am I bound by the old Testament to kill homosexuals or are we in a period of grace.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,892 Times in 21,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,684 Times in 5,187 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Am I bound by the old Testament to kill homosexuals or are we in a period of grace.
    Under the new testament we are not bound to hate, we are bound by love. Jesus died for that.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,242 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

You tell me, Wolverine.

Is there a particular sentence in "the new covenant" that says you are to disregard the wishes of the god of the Bible?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Under the new testament we are not bound to hate, we are bound by love. Jesus died for that.
    Under the New Testament...you are bound to accept the words of Jesus.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you: UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT ALL COME TRUE."

Matthew 5: 17ff

Nearly as I can tell...the Earth has not passed away...so ALL of the laws are still in effect. Leviticus...is the law.

Leviticus tells us what offends the god of the Bible...and how much it offends it.

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be
    put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their
    lives." Leviticus 20:13

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,840 Times in 14,181 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is no "new" testament

The Formation and Creation of the Bible's New Testament

http://www.humanreligions.info/creat...testament.html

And the goyim's understanding of the Hebrew Tanakh is laughable at best

The Tanakh has nothing to do with the goyim
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    You tell me, Wolverine.

Is there a particular sentence in "the new covenant" that says you are to disregard the wishes of the god of the Bible?
    Jesus himself disregarded the dietary laws, when he said it's not what goes into a mans mouth that defiles him but what comes out. Also did he not handle working on the Sabath?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Under the New Testament...you are bound to accept the words of Jesus.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you: UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT ALL COME TRUE."

Nearly as I can tell...the Earth has not passed away...so ALL of the laws are still in effect. Leviticus...is the law.

Leviticus tells us what offends the god of the Bible...and how much it offends it.
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    There is no "new" testament

The Formation and Creation of the Bible's New Testament

http://www.humanreligions.info/creat...testament.html

And the goyim's understanding of the Hebrew Tanakh is laughable at best

The Tanakh has nothing to do with the goyim
    Whatever, we are going under the understanding that the new testament is real because it is.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Yeah you posted this garbage by a non believing Jew another time!

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Are you a christian? Shut up.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    What is your point?

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Jesus himself disregarded the dietary laws, when he said it's not what goes into a mans mouth that defiles him but what comes out. Also did he not handle working on the Sabath?
    jews and muslims agree

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Whoa!

Are you saying Jesus lied when he said what he did in Matthew 5:17?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Lightbringer (12-10-2018)

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,304 Times in 10,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,916 Times in 4,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Old Testament tells you it’s OK to refuse service to gays. Show us that same sentiment in the NT.

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Whoa!

Are you saying Jesus lied when he said what he did in Matthew 5:17?

Jesus fulfilled the law!
    We see the first pointer of how things have changed dramatically in Matthew 5:17 where Jesus says, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” So all the Old Testament finds its completion and fulfillment in Jesus — and that is a basic truth that a person needs to understand. Everything in the Old Testament was pointing toward Jesus as the Son of God incarnate, dying and rising to save his people. And, therefore, in his person, in his ministry, the whole Old Testament reaches a climax and is dramatically altered.

The Bible spells out many of the specifics of this dramatic alteration. For example, the book of Hebrews is probably the classic place for showing how the old covenant has become obsolete with the coming of the new covenant. Hebrews 8:13 says, “In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.” And, for example, the death of Jesus is the once-for-all sacrifice for sins so that the entire Old Testament sacrificial system of offering animals comes to an end.

Hebrews 7:27 and 9:12 say Jesus is the final Lamb of God. The whole Old Testament sacrificial system is over. It doesn’t apply anymore. Another example from Hebrews is that Jesus himself offers the sacrifice of himself and therefore Jesus is the final Priest. And you don’t need any more priests. And so the entire Old Testament priesthood is removed. It is over. We have one, new, final, eternal High Priest, Jesus Christ.

A third example is that Jesus saw himself as the new temple. “If you destroy this temple, I will build it in three days” (John 2:19). And he meant, I will rise from the dead in three days. So when the temple was destroyed in 70 AD, the place of worship for Christians was not destroyed, because we don’t have a place for worship that is limited geographically. We have Jesus. And any place Jesus is, we can worship.

So all of those specifics are how the old covenant was becoming obsolete. And dramatic changes came about and hundreds of commands in the Old Testament don’t apply to Christians anymore, because this new phase of redemptive history has come.