Thread: Trump will likely be indicted

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump will likely be indicted

A prominent conservative columnist stunned the hosts of Fox & Friends on Sunday by arguing that Donald Trump would likely be indicted for campaign finance violations.

In a Fox News op-ed column, National Review writer Andrew McCarthy suggested that Michael Cohen's admission that he made payments to two former Trump mistresses was a stepping stone to the indictment of the president.
    "The Southern District of New York case," McCarthy explained, "which is different from the Mueller case on Cohen -- they are clearly going after the president on campaign finance violations."

"It's clear Trump is the target and he'll be indicted eventually," he added.

"That kind of stops me in my tracks," Fox & Friends host Ed Henry told McCarthy. "We've heard all along that Justice Department guidance is that the president himself can't be indicted -- or herself down the road -- cannot be indicted."

McCarthy speculated that the Justice Department would wait until Trump leaves office to indict him.

"The president is not supposed to get an advantage from being president," the conservative writer said. "All we say is he can't be put through the criminal process while he's president."

"They can indict him and he can be tried down the road," McCarthy revealed. "Are they setting the stage to file charges against him? I can't come to any other conclusion.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    going after the president on campaign finance violations."
    The left is only going after Trump for one reason, it doesn't matter what topic, charge, or allegation. They are after Trump for kicking Hillary's ass in 2016. It is a fight to the death.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    The left is only going after Trump for one reason, it doesn't matter what topic, charge, or allegation. They are after Trump for kicking Hillary's ass in 2016. It is a fight to the death.
    Nope, my reason is because he’s a con man, a crook, he has been since the 70’s

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (12-09-2018)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Nope, my reason is because he’s a con man, a crook, he has been since the 70’s
    Wrong, you are hidebound.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump has committed at the very least two crimes, and surely many more. Can you imagine your reaction if President Obama had done the exact same thing.
    The explain how you can kick anyones ass when you lose by 3 million votes.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wrong, you are hidebound.
    No, he continues to be a crook. That’s is why he’s an unindicted co-conspirator. He’s #1

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Exactly. It's a coup attempt by the Democrats and the Deep State.

It's pretty obvious by now: Trump is facing a coup

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...te-coup-detat/

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    Exactly. It's a coup attempt by the Democrats and the Deep State.

It's pretty obvious by now: Trump is facing a coup

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...te-coup-detat/
    Schmuck its the conservative republicans who are saying so!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-09-2018)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    A prominent conservative columnist stunned the hosts of Fox & Friends on Sunday by arguing that Donald Trump would likely be indicted for campaign finance violations.

In a Fox News op-ed column, National Review writer Andrew McCarthy suggested that Michael Cohen's admission that he made payments to two former Trump mistresses was a stepping stone to the indictment of the president.
    "The Southern District of New York case," McCarthy explained, "which is different from the Mueller case on Cohen -- they are clearly going after the president on campaign finance violations."

"It's clear Trump is the target and he'll be indicted eventually," he added.

"That kind of stops me in my tracks," Fox & Friends host Ed Henry told McCarthy. "We've heard all along that Justice Department guidance is that the president himself can't be indicted -- or herself down the road -- cannot be indicted."

McCarthy speculated that the Justice Department would wait until Trump leaves office to indict him.

"The president is not supposed to get an advantage from being president," the conservative writer said. "All we say is he can't be put through the criminal process while he's president."

"They can indict him and he can be tried down the road," McCarthy revealed. "Are they setting the stage to file charges against him? I can't come to any other conclusion.
    Mueller likely has all he needs to indict and likely enough to prove the crime, but I contend that it won't happen. Mueller's cause will be served in causing Trump to not run again for pres and Trump would be a fool to not agree. His family would be at stake.

Mueller has no intention of doing harm to the GOP and would be soundly condemned for it if he did. Trump will take the offer to step out of politics and the whole thing will fizzle out harmlessly. Rather than having to end with a bang.

Neither side can sign on to this theory yet because they all have a horse in the race. I as a Canadian don't.
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by montgomery View Post
    Mueller likely has all he needs to indict and likely enough to prove the crime, but I contend that it won't happen. Mueller's cause will be served in causing Trump to not run again for pres and Trump would be a fool to not agree. His family would be at stake.

Mueller has no intention of doing harm to the GOP and would be soundly condemned for it if he did. Trump will take the offer to step out of politics and the whole thing will fizzle out harmlessly. Rather than having to end with a bang.

Neither side can sign on to this theory yet because they all have a horse in the race. I as a Canadian don't.
    Its the SDNY that is far more of a threat to trump than Mueller is. Indict now, try later if necessary.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by montgomery View Post

The only problem, Trump doesn’t care about the GOP. Trump only cares about Trump

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, he continues to be a crook. That’s is why he’s an unindicted co-conspirator. He’s #1
    Wrong, you are hidebound. You are just regurgitating Trump hate propaganda.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This article is all about a conservative republican, jerk off.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lol, propaganda, that’s hilarious.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

The only problem, Trump doesn’t care about the GOP. Trump only cares about Trump
    How is that a problem in reference to what i said?

Even though you are only partially right while being wrong in theory. That theory would be that Trump knows he must care some for the good of the GOP for the sake of saving his own hide.

I must say, I like the way the forum is going right now with the biggest abusers of civility keeping their ugly cakeholes shut. Sure would be nice to see a bit of moderating happening to make the point?
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.