Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One and Anarchon

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: There Is Simply Not Enough Revenue. The Deficit Is Too Large. Debt Is Out Of Control.

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

The only way to pay back the debt in such a scenario is to stop increasing spending while increasing growth.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    So you never worked side by side with them as an independant contractor doing literally three times at minimum the work they do . Got it.
    I agree there are a small minority of them that are dedicated but by and large they're there to get a paycheck . The overwhelming majority, from my experience is that they also have a philosophy that the less they do the less chance of making a mistake, therefore the goal is to do as little as possible without getting in trouble. Problem is, about the only way for them to get in trouble is commit murder.
    Then you have physicians that have the title of 'social director' who spend half their time passing out birthday cards for staff to sign when they're not seeing their 4 patients/day.
    I won't even go into the 'infection control officer'. It gets worse.
    Yup...you are full of shit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

TTQ64 (12-14-2018)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    "Conservatives" have been very successful in branding something working people pay into all their working lives as "entitlements". They they tied "entitlements" to "them darkies are taking all your shit". Rather odd, since the time these MAGA folks want to go back to is the era of affirmative action for whites. GI Bill, FHA loans, tax rates of the mid 1950s; go look at what those were. It was a period of investment into american society that mostly enhanced the economic condition of whites alone.

"Entitlements" were fine with everyone then.

What you argue for is the continued societal wealth extraction, concentration, and redistribution to the Wall Street/donor/"job creator" class.
    "Entitlements" is a term the government gives to budget items that are not funded based on annual appropriations but which spend as much as necessary based on the number of people who qualify for those benefits; examples include Social Security, Medicare, etc.

An entitlement is not something conservatives made up.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Your post sounds like BS. If you qualify for VA insurance you dont need private health care. You just cant walk into a VA hospital and expect service
    Listen, Jerk-off...nothing I said there was bullshit.

I said nothing about "just walking in." You simply invented that so that you could call my comments bullshit.

I had been receiving treatment at the VA for years. I am a vet...and I availed myself of the benefits.

At some point...cancer was discovered...and it was treated.

It was treated at the VA Hospital in East Orange, NJ.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    No, the Pentagon has not spent $21 Trillion they can't account for.

The military made adjustments to its budgetary reporting system that came to that amount.
    https://media.defense.gov/2016/Jul/2...G-2016-113.pdf
    Read page 5.

They made adjustments to journal vouchers. This is nothing more than an double entry accounting trick needed when the books don't balance because you haven't entered everything correctly.

They are guilty of sloppy bookkeeping but not of spending $21 Trillion they can't account for. Errors are sure to happen in a system that large with multiple people entering data.

Hint: Never rely on any news source if you can find the actual documents.
    True. Their entire budget does not add up to $21 trillion during that period.

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Listen, Jerk-off...nothing I said there was bullshit.

I said nothing about "just walking in." You simply invented that so that you could call my comments bullshit.

I had been receiving treatment at the VA for years. I am a vet...and I availed myself of the benefits.

At some point...cancer was discovered...and it was treated.

It was treated at the VA Hospital in East Orange, NJ.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
    You said you had no private health insurance, well if you had full VA insurance you would have zero need for private insurance.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    I have had VA and private insurance forever. Of course one can, if the private business offers you insurance. You just let your VA know about it.

I am seeing a lot of stupidity above about VA. It has done me a good job for 27 years in many hospitals and outpatient clinics.

Those who are knocking are guilty of way too much on a double standard of evidence and hypothetical facts to make a viable theory.
    Why would you need both private insurance and VA insurance? Seems like double coverage.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why not? My private employer gave it to me for free. The family was extra.

VA does a good job.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I've got a better idea...

...LET'S INCREASE SPENDING...on the many projects the government SHOULD be spending money on.
    I agree. Build the wall!!!

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Dems should be in favor of it, the construction phase would employ their base.

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    What a stupid statement.

You can say the same about the ones in which you believe.

You suffer way too much on a double standard of evidence and hypothetical facts to make a viable theory.
    You are at the sub-genius level. That was the whole point. I will continue to regard jimmy as a low information poster.
    Last edited by Controlled Opposition; 12-10-2018 at 03:07 AM.

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    You said you had no private health insurance, well if you had full VA insurance you would have zero need for private insurance.
    There is NO VA insurance.

A vet goes and enrolls at a VA facility and then uses that facility. That I something I did many years ago. During all those years...I HAD NO HEALTH INSURANCE.

The VA facility is far enough away from me so that I would MUCH have preferred to use the physician who has an office 4 blocks from where I live...a doctor who has been physician to several members of my family over the years.

The comment that I had no private health insurance has absolutely nothing whatever to do with the fact that I used the VA for the treatment for my cancer.

Politely as possible...GET OFF YOUR FUCKING IDIOTIC BULLSHIT THAT SOMEHOW I AM LYING ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE VA TREATED ME FOR CANCER BACK IN THE LATE 1990'S...THAT THEY DID IT WITH CHEMO AND RADIATION...AND THAT THEY DID A FINE, ACCEPTABLE JOB.

I am still alive...even though back then they used to speak of projected 5 year survival rates.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

TTQ64 (12-14-2018)

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Fuck "the wall." That is only for the morons who support the abomination.

We need all sorts of work on our infrastructure...and the safety nets have to be strengthened and extended.

16. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

What a stupid statement.

You can say the same about the ones in which you believe.

You suffer way too much on a double standard of evidence and hypothetical facts to make a viable theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    You are at the sub-genius level. That was the whole point. I will continue to regard jimmy as a low information poster.
    You have proven my point. You are a stupid unuseful tool for the far right. You have no idea how VA works.

17. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Damocles,

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    The only way to pay back the debt in such a scenario is to stop increasing spending while increasing growth.
    Incorrect.

There are two ways.

Increase revenue, or decrease spending.

Either one, or a combination of both, will work.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.