Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One and Anarchon

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: There Is Simply Not Enough Revenue. The Deficit Is Too Large. Debt Is Out Of Control.

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,249 Times in 7,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Simplistic solutions!

The reason Donald Trump got elected.

He has plenty...and the people who voted for him love them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-14-2018)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Frank,

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    You just fucking made something up again...

...and you obscured it by not identifying what the hell you are talking about.

Take a look at the two statements...and you will see they are worlds apart.

Jesus...I hope I have not been wrong in thinking you are intelligent enough for a conversation of this depth. You are making me wonder.

FOR THE RECORD; The congress can decide what the government should be spending money for.

THEY CAN DO THAT.

That IS NOT EQUAL TO ""you think that the Constitutions gives the government the power to do whatever it wants to do."

Your characterization of what I said...IT TOTAL HORSESHIT.

Now...grow the balls to acknowledge that...or continue to be a horse's ass.

Your choice.
    OK, what I see is you mouthing off at Gunny2009 as he respectfully lays out his beliefs in a manner of civil discourse.

You want to claim 'everybody is doing it,' but clearly, what we see here is you doing it as your opponent keeps his cool.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny2009 View Post
    Our currency has not been backed by gold for 47 years.

It is not dangerous in the least, the gold standard went the way of the buggy whip...once was useful and now is not.
    The debt is too high in relation to the GDP.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Frank,

OK, what I see is you mouthing off at Gunny2009 as he respectfully lays out his beliefs in a manner of civil discourse.

You want to claim 'everybody is doing it,' but clearly, what we see here is you doing it as your opponent keeps his cool.
    Okay.

You really ought to share that with someone who cares what you see happening.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

TTQ64 (12-14-2018)

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If the congress can decide what the government should be spending money for, then there there is no limit to what the government can do, as long as congress decides they should be spending money on it
    Correct. Which is why it is so important to vote for a fiscally responsible Congress instead of somebody who is just an NRA shill.

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Heff,

Quote Originally Posted by Heff View Post
    Well, that's not really true, is it?

"President Obama had the largest deficits. By the end of his final budget, FY 2017, his deficits were $6.690 trillion. Obama took office during the Great Recession. He immediately needed to spend billions to stop it. He convinced Congress to add the $787 billion economic stimulus package to Bush’s FY 2009 budget. This added $253 billion to the FY 2009 budget. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act added another $534 billion over the rest of Obama’s terms."

https://www.thebalance.com/deficit-b...s-hide-3306151

"There are two ways to look at the U.S. budget deficit when determining which president has run the largest deficit. The first is to look at each president's term or terms in office, total the deficits run over the course of their four or eight years, and base your conclusions on those numbers. According to this method, Barack Obama's budget deficit was $6.69 trillion over his eight years, making him the president with the largest budget deficit. George W. Bush is second, with a deficit of $3.29 trillion over his eight years. Ronald Reagan is third at $1.412 trillion deficit in eight years, and George H.W. Bush comes in fourth with a $1.03 trillion deficit in his single term."

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...t-deficits.asp
    What a ridiculous comparison. None of those other Presidents besides President Obama had to deal with The Great Recession. The Great Recession was the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. Any economist will tell you a recession runs the debt up. We were VERY LUCKY President Obama guided us through that with the stimulus (which worked - the economy has recovered!) Nobody wanted to spend more at a time when we already had so much spending to support the safety net, and also suffered reduced revenue because of all the unemployment. But that was what we had to do to create more jobs. And it worked.

Another way to look at the deficit is the amount of it each year, which got lower and lower as the economy recovered under President Obama's careful guidance. The CBO predicted there would be insufficient revenue with the Trump tax cut for the rich, and that is exactly what we are seeing. Republicans claimed the growing economy would generate more than enough revenue to supplant that which was lost by reduced tax rates for the rich, BUT THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED.

9. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome distraff,

Quote Originally Posted by distraff View Post
    What about eliminate the 700 billion we spend on welfare?
    Would cause a recession, possibly a depression. All those people who take that money and spend it would not be spending it any more. GDP would fall like a rock.

10. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Correct. Which is why it is so important to vote for a fiscally responsible Congress instead of somebody who is just an NRA shill.

That does not ever happen though, both sides vote for those that will spend money on what they want it spent on.

We have not had a fiscally responsible president since a guy named Calvin lived in the White House, and I am not even sure Congress was back then.

11. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The debt is too high in relation to the GDP.

The debt is too high, period.

12. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are being an ass...but that is to be expected.
    I see Gunny2009 behaving very well. You are the one doing the mouthing off.

13. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Gunny2009,

What should they do? Shoot anybody who tries to come in illegally?

Are you prepared to let Al Qaeda take over Afghanistan? I wonder if they would do a good job of keep ISIS at bay.
    Yes, they should.

Al Qaeda has already taken over Afghanistan, we are sacrificing our troops for nothing. The day we leave it will be back to what it was when we got there.

Al Qaeda is ISIS and ISIS is Al Qaeda. AQ morphed into ISIS when it was beaten down and now ISIS is morphing back to AQ.

14. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I see Gunny2009 behaving very well. You are the one doing the mouthing off.
    You ought to share that opinion with someone who gives a shit what you see!

Keep going.

You'll get what you want.

I promise you.

15. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Frank,

Okay.

You really ought to share that with someone who cares what you see happening.
    I wouldn't expect you to instantly change your habits or instantly admit that you should. That takes time and desire. I was hoping to get you to consider that the justification used for these habits is possibly flawed. And I also would not expect you to quickly admit that either or express thanks for me pointing it out. And maybe you will never decide to change. That has to come from you, of course. I do hope that others who are reading this more objectively will recognize that I have a point. What you do with it is up to you. I'm not trying to be mean. Just making an observation.

I wonder. Would you be participating in this thread if I had begun it in APP?

That could be quite problematic.

Maybe the next time I come up with a popular thread it will be in APP.

If so, I wouldn't take anybody off Ignore, nor respond to them, but I might consider using no ban list.

16. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

Hello and welcome distraff,

Would cause a recession, possibly a depression. All those people who take that money and spend it would not be spending it any more. GDP would fall like a rock.
    Thanks for the welcome. Cutting the deficit in any way by 700 billion in one year would cause a recession. Its better to slowly scale back over time. Maybe cut 50 billion per year. Its a good time to do it, we have a high deficit, and the economy is good. Cutting the deficit will slow economic growth in the short-term but it pays to have less debt in the long term.

17. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That does not ever happen though, both sides vote for those that will spend money on what they want it spent on.

We have not had a fiscally responsible president since a guy named Calvin lived in the White House, and I am not even sure Congress was back then.
    Actually, Clinton and Obama were both very fiscally responsible.