Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox News' Tucker Carlson on Donald Trump: 'I Don't Think He's Capable'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 6,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Default Fox News' Tucker Carlson on Donald Trump: 'I Don't Think He's Capable'

Tucker Carlson is usually quick to go after critics of President Donald Trump on his nightly Fox News show.

But in a new interview with conservative Swiss magazine Die Weltwoche, the “Tucker Carlson Tonight” host called out Trump himself for his boastfulness and for failing to keep his promises to voters.

“His chief promises were that he would build the wall, de-fund Planned Parenthood and repeal Obamacare, and he hasn’t done any of those things,” said Carlson, per The Washington Post.

Carlson said he’d “come to believe” Trump’s role was “not as a conventional president who promises to get certain things achieved to the Congress and then does.”

“I don’t think he’s capable,” Carlson explained. “I don’t think he’s capable of sustained focus. I don’t think he understands the system. I don’t think the Congress is on his side. I don’t think his own agencies support him. He’s not going to do that.”

Carlson said it was “mostly” Trump’s fault that he hadn’t been able to deliver on his pledges, because “you really have to understand how” the legislative process works and “be very focused on getting it done.”

Trump “knows very little about the legislative process, hasn’t learned anything, hasn’t surrounded himself with people that can get it done, hasn’t done all the things you need to do so. It’s mostly his fault that he hasn’t achieved those things. I’m not in charge of Trump,” he added.

Instead, Carlson suggested Trump’s role had been “to begin the conversation” on issues such as immigration — which the conservative TV host has frequently and fervently railed against.

Carlson criticized Trump in March for suggesting guns should be preemptively removed from potentially dangerous people, and in January for hinting at a deal to protect young undocumented immigrants.

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (12-07-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 Times in 27,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/10/fox-...stigators.html

Fox offices in London raided by European Commission investigators

Christine Wang | @christiiineeee
    Published 4:49 PM ET Tue, 10 April 2018 Updated 5:36 PM ET Tue, 10 April 2018

everything they find they will share with the FBI

I hope everything fox owns has to be handed over to the US and sold off to pay for their prosecution and fines

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    I Cant wait until everyone who works or worked for Fox can get a job in news
    Finally Tucker Carlson comes to the realization that Trump is a fucking moron.

Now, how long will it take Sean Insanity to do the same?
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Trump's lawyers were meeting with Mueller's team yesterday and that can be taken as proof that the redacted parts of Flynn's indictment were immediately known to Trump. And now a move for a new Attorney-General. And an indictment of Manafort coming today.

Things are beginning to move, as was pretty obvious they would in the new year. [b]It's deal-making with Trump. My predictions of a graceful stepping down by Trump is now even more likely. Both political parties will be saved and Tucker Carlson is one of the first to get his ducks lined up and ready.
    Bringing reform and decency from Canada, one forum at a time.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    I Cant wait until everyone who works or worked for Fox can get a job in news
    "In news?" Play their cards right and they can get a job in the White House

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by montgomery View Post
    Trump's lawyers were meeting with Mueller's team yesterday and that can be taken as proof that the redacted parts of Flynn's indictment were immediately known to Trump. And now a move for a new Attorney-General. And an indictment of Manafort coming today.

Things are beginning to move, as was pretty obvious they would in the new year. [b]It's deal-making with Trump. My predictions of a graceful stepping down by Trump is now even more likely. Both political parties will be saved and Tucker Carlson is one of the first to get his ducks lined up and ready.
    Tucker is a demogogue, he pimps hate to make a buck, he never really recovered from Jon Stewart embarrassing him

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Tucker is a demogogue, he pimps hate to make a buck, he never really recovered from Jon Stewart embarrassing him
    Well, now that he's turned on Trump, the sparks over at FauxNews will fly.

Trump is in deep shit and he can smell it. It's going to be a great Christmas. Trump will be out of the White House by New Years.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I think you've lost perspective because of you having a dog in the fight. A clearer unbiased look at him will show that he's just a media personality who could change his views at the snap of fingers and become pro-leftist. Most of them can and eventually do.

Even the big money stars like Hannity and Maddow can fall from favour and then be hired by the other side. Most have little commitment to their own personal priorities but some get a little out of line and outspoken at times. It's much better to watch any of them closely to be able to determine when their own personal preferences are set loose to the public.

A tip on Maddow: Her lesbian agenda takes control once in a while.

Hannity: He'll always be the religious rightist.

That makes the both of them the least touchable on both sides. Tucker Carlson could end up on MSNBC within a week!

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think you've lost perspective because of you having a dog in the fight. A clearer unbiased look at him will show that he's just a media personality who could change his views at the snap of fingers and become pro-leftist. Most of them can and eventually do.

Even the big money stars like Hannity and Maddow can fall from favour and then be hired by the other side. Most have little commitment to their own personal priorities but some get a little out of line and outspoken at times. It's much better to watch any of them closely to be able to determine when their own personal preferences are set loose to the public.

A tip on Maddow: Her lesbian agenda takes control once in a while.

Hannity: He'll always be the religious rightist.

That makes the both of them the least touchable on both sides. Tucker Carlson could end up on MSNBC within a week!
    I'd pay BIG MONEY to see that.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    I'd pay BIG MONEY to see that.
    I'm not suggesting he would turncoat but I'm saying he would be able to do so. Your answer misses the point and isn't worth my time to read.

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Tucker Carlson is usually quick to go after critics of President Donald Trump on his nightly Fox News show.

But in a new interview with conservative Swiss magazine Die Weltwoche, the “Tucker Carlson Tonight” host called out Trump himself for his boastfulness and for failing to keep his promises to voters.
    Are you a Tucker fan now?

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yes the right used to hate him

he couldn't get ratings on fox until Oliely got heaved for forcing sex on his fellow employees

I wonder how many times the New UN pick sucked Oliely off?

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not suggesting he would turncoat but I'm saying he would be able to do so. Your answer misses the point and isn't worth my time to read.
    My answer was a joke that apparently flew right over your head