Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Legion Troll, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, J Craft, MAGA MAN, Darth Omar, CFM, DBCooper, Lightbringer, chink, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, excommunicated, AnnieOakley, Tommatthews, Q-Tip, volsrock, Grugore, Rob Larrikin, BodyDouble, ptif219, Loving91390, fandango, United76America, Into the Night, Tkaffen, gfm7175 and Enlightened One

Thread: A nearly extinct species: The elected Republican female...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Default A nearly extinct species: The elected Republican female...

House GOP women confront a political crisis — their party is mostly men

About a half dozen House Republican women gathered this week for a somber, post-election dinner.

Exchanging thoughts about the brutal results for GOP candidates, they realized something depressing, according to one attendee. That small dinner group represented about half the total number of Republican women who would serve in the House next year.

Just 13 GOP women have won election so far to serve in the next Congress, down from 23 this year. With a half dozen races yet to be resolved, the House GOP — the minority party next year — is all but certain to have the lowest number of women in its ranks since 1994.

That drop-off came amid a national political climate that saw female voters sharply break from Republicans. Women favored Democrats over Republicans for Congress, 59 percent to 40 percent, according to exit polls.

It has set off a debate within the Republican Party about how to address this crisis, both in terms of appealing to female voters and recruiting and retaining women in Congress.
    continuedhttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    A scientific survey of the diversity of the Republican and Democratic parties:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-18-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 982 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    A scientific survey of the diversity of the Republican and Democratic parties:
    Yep, that is about it, aint it?
    Be Best

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republican women are a strange lot. They don't seem to mind being stooges for men. They don't seem to mind being an after-thought.

Look no further than Stretch.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

I am not saying they have similar motivations and ideologies, but I believe there is robust statistical surveys showing that the three whitest and most patriarchal organization on the planet are the KKK, the Republican Party, and the Strip Club Owners of America trade group organization.

Society as a whole has needs to work towards a true meritocracy, But it really does not get much more white or patriarchal than those aforementioned groups.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

blackascoal (11-18-2018)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

the few remaining GOP women gotta be fairly stupid or masochistic, or both

how embarrassing for their families

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

How many newly elected Republican House Representatives are women, again?

ONE?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    How many newly elected Republican House Representatives are women, again?

ONE?
    ... and this is happening in the age of rising political power for women.

Republican women miss the boat.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Does the GOP understand the negative significance of the lack of Republican women in Congress?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

blackascoal (11-18-2018)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Does the GOP understand the negative significance of the lack of Republican women in Congress?
    NO .. any more then they understand the ignorance of being a virtually all-white political party.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Cypress (11-18-2018), jimmymccready (11-18-2018)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    NO .. any more then they understand the ignorance of being a virtually all-white political party.
    Republicans are stuck in 1950's white,Leave it to Beaver ,America!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

blackascoal (11-18-2018), jimmymccready (11-18-2018)