Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Lightbringer, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Into the Night, Enlightened One and Anarchon

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Parkland Students 1 - NRA 0 ... NRA Broke, Claims It Might Be 'Unable To Exist'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,096 Times in 13,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Parkland Students 1 - NRA 0 ... NRA Broke, Claims It Might Be 'Unable To Exist'

Is the NRA finally about to crack? Has it reached the point of saturation? Is society finally rejecting the unwavering call for ever more guns? And all it took was for the kids at the latest bloodied school to speak OUT???

WASHINGTON—The National Rifle Association claims it's facing deep financial problems and it might go broke in a lawsuit that blames its problems on the state of New York.
    Right on, New York!!!

The gun-rights organization said it may soon have to stop producing its magazines and its video streaming service, NRAtv, because of actions by the state of New York, which the NRA accused of running a "blacklisting campaign."

The campaign appears to be part of a national campaign calling for companies to cut ties with the group in the aftermath of several high profile shootings, most notably with the high school shooting in Parkland, Fla.
    Go, Parkland kids, GO! YOU ROCK!!!

The gun lobbying group claims in its lawsuit, which targets Gov. Andrew Cuomo, the New York State Department of Financial Services and Maria Vullo, which heads the department, that the state has caused "irrecoverable loss and irreparable harm" to the organization. But, of course, the organization is making these claims in a lawsuit, which it hopes to win.

The organization is one of the largest lobbying groups. During the 2016 election cycle, the group spent $61 million to back current members of Congress, most of which benefitted Republicans.

President Donald Trump received an additional $31 million in advertising during his campaign from the gun-rights group.
    How much of that came from the Russians? Maybe the NRA should hit Putin up for a bail out...

But, Rolling Stone reported all that spending might have spelled some trouble for the group as the NRA overspent by $46 million in 2016.

Students, who turned into gun-control advocates after the Parkland, Fla. shooting in February, applauded the news. The NRA has been their biggest target in the #NeverAgain movement, which reached a climax with the massive March for Our Lives rally in Washington.
    Is that light at the end of this long dark tunnel?

A weakened NRA.

The gun profiteer industry is going to have to cough up a bunch to cover THIS.

Standard anti-troll thread thief disclaimer:
    If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer?

If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it.

Thread thievery is the tool of trolls. You know, people talk about one another. You might as well admit it is true, and realize the people who know you, talk about you when you are not present. I can accept that. Many can't. Trolls can't. They have to try to conTROLL what people say about them. (Like Trump!) They can't stand the thought of people talking about them without trying to conTROLL the conversation. That's the insecurity talking......

The people banned from this thread were banned because they refused to be polite, so I refuse to talk to them. I came to talk about Just Plain Politics. (of all things...)
    USA Today: NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: lawsuit

One more thing (added 11-17-18): The potential for gun threads to devolve into flame wars is high. Please keep your comments to the subject and avoid making personal attacks here. Let's try to have a meaningful discussion about this notably sensitive subject. Thank you for your restraint.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 11-17-2018 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Added 'One more thing...' comment in the last line.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (11-17-2018), signalmankenneth (11-16-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Try reading the lawsuit first before making a comment on it you fucking idiot. Or kill yourself. That's a good option too.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

canceled.2021.1 (11-17-2018), countryboy (11-18-2018), Minister of Truth (11-16-2018), PostmodernProphet (11-16-2018), USFREEDOM911 (11-16-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

The white nationalist NRA has been cracked for some time.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Try reading the lawsuit first before making a comment on it you fucking idiot. Or kill yourself. That's a good option too.
    I think we've all pretty much gotten the gist of the NRA, thanks though.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    I'm too dumb to understand the legal issue raised but not too dumb to comment
    Riveting.
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

Life is Golden (11-16-2018), Minister of Truth (11-16-2018), USFREEDOM911 (11-16-2018)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Riveting.
    Bwa ha ha ha, no wonder this site is what it is, look at the mods.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Quetzalcoatl,

Try reading the lawsuit first before making a comment on it
    So it's New York's fault the NRA overspent?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (11-17-2018)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Quetzalcoatl,

So it's New York's fault the NRA overspent?
    Again, read the lawsuit you fucking dumbass. Or would you like someone to explain it for you because your brain is filled with calcified spaghetti?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (11-16-2018)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,496 Times in 9,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Is the NRA finally about to crack? Has it reached the point of saturation? Is society finally rejecting the unwavering call for ever more guns? And all it took was for the kids at the latest bloodied school to speak OUT???

Right on, New York!!!

Go, Parkland kids, GO! YOU ROCK!!!

How much of that came from the Russians? Maybe the NRA should hit Putin up for a bail out...

Is that light at the end of this long dark tunnel?

A weakened NRA.

The gun profiteer industry is going to have to cough up a bunch to cover THIS.

Standard anti-troll thread thief disclaimer:

USA Today: NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: lawsuit

15. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

evince (11-17-2018)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,177 Times in 10,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Why does the OP hate the Bill of Rights?
    What does the Bill of Rights say about the NRA, pally boy?

I’ll help you. NADA

18. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

evince (11-17-2018)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,905 Times in 7,965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Speaking of good options, why don't you go have a gun cleaning accident?

Make sure there's one in the chamber and you've got one eye down real close to the end of the barrel.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Speaking of good options, why don't you go have a gun cleaning accident?

Make sure there's one in the chamber and you've got one eye down real close to the end of the barrel.
    Well I don't because I'm not a idiot. I also don't clean my guns often but that's another matter.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,905 Times in 7,965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Well I don't because I'm not a idiot. I also don't clean my guns often but that's another matter.
    Matter of opinion on the idiot thing, but we'll just keep our fingers crossed that you manage to have some other kind of gun related mishap.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Enough of the death wishes. That is so not this discussion. This isn't about flames. It's about the NRA being broke.

The right to gun ownership should be protected. The NRA lost it's way. The NRA now represents the gun profits industry. They're not serious about reducing gun violence. They thrive off it, profit from it. That hurts the nation. Kids getting shot in school. It's no good. We have to change. We need some sensible gun control. We need safer schools. And the answer is not more guns!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (11-17-2018)