Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Lightbringer, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Into the Night, Enlightened One and Anarchon

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Parkland Students 1 - NRA 0 ... NRA Broke, Claims It Might Be 'Unable To Exist'

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Quetzalcoatl,

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    I don't even know where to begin with how wrong you are in all of this. Your premise is so fundamentally flawed it should be disregarded entirely.
    You can try to pretend that mine is an outlier view, but I don't think that would be realistic.

And it's clear you know absolutely nothing about firearms or how they work if you're saying things like "no one needs an assault weapon". You clearly don't know what you're talking about and likely have no desire to learn either.
    I know all I need to know about guns to understand the situation is out of control when school children are in fear of their lives instead of their grades. Being a gun enthusiast is not required to have a view on something which poses a threat to peaceful existence as a productive member of society.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,768 Times in 27,242 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

3. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (11-17-2018)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-17-2018)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Good morning 3D,

That's the problem with stereotyping.

People are individuals.

People think for themselves.

I don't fit the standard stereotype.

I happen to like the right of gun ownership. I support that. I just don't think unstable people should have them. And we need to control what kind of guns are out there. We have too many senseless shootings. Too much death. It's hurting the country. It's time to do something. Solve it or we will. And you might not like the solution.
    We literally would never be discussing the 2nd Amendment in this country if not for the left.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

7. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello RB 60,

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You're a fool. You know nothing of the NRA or it's membership.
    Who the hell are you to preach responsibility to me? You know me?
    You want my military issued "assault weapons," come and get them.
    Save your ignorant rants for someone else, you are clueless.
    I have no desire to take away your guns. A comprehensive long-term solution shouldn't have to do that. I would support legislation which would allow you to keep everything you have for as long as you live, and your family could keep things which are inherited as long as those weapons are not used in a crime. That's the goal. To have these things not ever used to attack innocent people. That's the problem, and we can no longer ignore it.

I could see stringent new gun-control legislation, if the gun lobby would allow it, which would allow all current owners of guns to keep everything. There could be a buy-back for those who have had enough, or heirs who have no interest in owning something handed down in death. Let everybody keep everything they have now. (That wouldn't be good enough for the current NRA, because the NRA is now all about protecting profits as much as rights. And it is having an internal struggle with that. I understand most NRA members want more sensible gun control.)

But the moment any of these things are used inappropriately, they should be destroyed. And one by one, they will all either be gone, or owned by responsible people who pose no threat.

And let's stop the sales of weapons which are not appropriate for civil society, as we stop allowing mentally unstable people from owning guns.

Personally, as a mature and wise person who is able to conduct civil discourse, I think people who cannot have a rational discussion without making personal attacks are showing enough immaturity that they should not be allowed to purchase or own guns.

I am entitled to my view, and I should be allowed the freedom to voice it. That's what freedom means.

We have some people here who fought for freedom. Some paid the ultimate price. Others came back, but when they came back they were not the same people they were before. That's a tragic consequence of war, and a reason why we as a nation should only resort to war as an absolute final and last resort, after exhausting all options for preserving peace. Peace is the goal. Peace is always the goal. Even if we fight wars, the goal is to have it over and done, and return to peace. War is terrible. Nothing good comes from war. The price paid for war is far greater than the lives lost and the dollars wasted. The toll it takes on human minds and the ability to simply enjoy life are incalculable. And the mind-toll is greater than ever acknowledged. People who can't sleep. People who want to be happy, but can't be. People who initiate aggression for no good reason. Family members who don't understand what's going on with people. Children raised by parents who struggle to simply 'have a good day.' And we wonder where all these messed up minds come from...

People bring the war home with them. They can't just erase it out of their minds. We should never go to war unless there simply is no other option.

A nation needs to defend itself if attacked. A society does too. Common sense gun control regulations are coming. It will be a nasty fight but one that needs to happen.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    note how violent the gun cuddlers are
    You're one to talk.

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    We literally would never be discussing the 2nd Amendment in this country if not for the left.
    We would not have a country if not for the left.

-And the right...

We need all voices.

Our nation depends on Diversity.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (11-17-2018)

11. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

and there would be lots of dead people if only right wing gun nutters ran everything

12. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

13. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

15. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    where do I talk violent?

I respond to threats not create them
    I have seen you attack people for simply voicing their view. They voice a view and you sucker-punch. You know you have a problem with that. You announced you were going to participate in clean debate week but couldn't last the first morning. 'Restraint' is not in your vocabulary. As a help, I have modified the OP to reflect why self-restraint is a valuable personal quality. Please read it and keep it in mind. Thank you. Let's have a higher quality of debate than the usual gun thread.

16. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

18. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

19. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,165 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are those on the right that think gun regulation is necessary, I’ve spoken with some. Would you “righties” just ignore the mass shootings?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-17-2018)

21. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,165 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

No more than there were pre-leftism.
    When was the time before pre leftism?

22. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello evince,

I have seen you attack people for simply voicing their view. They voice a view and you sucker-punch. You know you have a problem with that. You announced you were going to participate in clean debate week but couldn't last the first morning. 'Restraint' is not in your vocabulary. As a help, I have modified the OP to reflect why self-restraint is a valuable personal quality. Please read it and keep it in mind. Thank you. Let's have a higher quality of debate than the usual gun thread.
    I dont remember saying I would

me attacking people for believing lies is what Im all about

haven't you noticed that

If you spew or embrace lies I go after you

you just don't like me being a strong and outspoken person who uses invective

lots of men get disturbed by a women doing that

23. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

24. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Shut the fuck up you fossilized turd. You couldn't fight a toddler and hope to win so drop the tough guy act and take your geritol.
    There are members here who've seen pictures of me.

I'm every bit of 6'3" and weigh over 250 lbs.

I could drop kick your ass then go have lunch, little gun sucker pussy boy.

You're nothing but talk.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!