Thread: Cindy McCain on Trump: "Our country needs a strong leader, not a negative Nancy"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool Cindy McCain on Trump: "Our country needs a strong leader, not a negative Nancy"

Cindy McCain believes her late husband Sen. John McCain would be "terribly frustrated and terribly distraught" by the current state of political discourse. She shared her feelings about the lack of civility in politics today and President Trump with "CBS This Morning" co-host John Dickerson in her first interview since the senator's death in August.

McCain told Dickerson she hopes Mr. Trump will learn from the midterm elections and realize "the country needs a strong leader, not a negative Nancy."

"It's very humbling to lose and I hope he learns from it," she said. "We need our president. We need a White House that's strong, we need a White House that's not sparring with each other. And right now I think we're -- things are in disarray, and I would hope through this that he does learn."

Sen. McCain, a military hero and longtime lawmaker, was diagnosed with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer, in July 2017. But he remained an outspoken member of Congress even as he fought the disease.

Read more: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cindy-m...inkId=59730284
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

ROFL..mcCains are a waste case.
    she should look at her dead husband's bitter inability to get along with Republicans on health care

3. The Following 2 Users Groan At anatta For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (11-16-2018), Rune (11-16-2018)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Wolverine (11-16-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    she should look at her dead husband's bitter inability to get along with Republicans on health care

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    good riddance to warmongering rubbish

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Wolverine (11-16-2018)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

From eight years ago but always worth celebrating a great member of the Trojan family.

Cindy McCain honored at Rossier event

President Steven B. Sample and Cindy McCain were recognized at the Rossier School of Education’s Centennial Gala Monday night for their contributions to global education.

McCain, who attended USC for her undergraduate degree in education and graduate degree in special education, was awarded the Dean’s Alumni Achievement Award.

“I’m so touched and so honored because never did I ever think I would be here at this stage in my life receiving an honor from this school,” she said.

McCain has led several humanitarian trips to improve the educational opportunities of children worldwide. During her time at USC, she volunteered for local special education programs.

“It was really a good time to be a part of it all,” she said of her experience and involvement in efforts to get federal funding for special needs children and provide them with proper educations.

“When you’re young, you don’t realize how it’s shaping you, what it’s doing for you and really how much you have gained from the experience of being here. Being able to look back on it now, it’s shaped certainly my attitude toward global involvement and doing what I do around the world,” McCain said.

McCain, who taught children with disabilities at an Arizona high school after her graduation, said she plans to return to teaching when things settle down.

“I miss it actually,” she said. “I’ll go back to teaching because I really enjoy it.”

The gala was part of the 100th anniversary celebration of the USC Rossier School of Education.

“It is fitting that during our centennial year, we pay tribute to two such committed educators,” Rossier Dean Karen Symms Gallagher said in a statement. “Both Mrs. McCain’s and President Sample’s professional work and personal passion exemplify the USC Rossier School’s mission to improve educational outcomes locally, nationally and globally.”

At the gala, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) presented the Dean’s Alumni Achievement Award to his wife, whose Global Educator Fellowship will enable aspiring teachers and school educators to contribute to the education of youth on a global level.

“Someone will have the opportunity to do what I do,” Cindy McCain said. “The one thing that I have learned from all of this is that people to people and educator to educator around the world, when they see a U.S. educator coming, in some way it’s like everything is going to be so much better. We’re not the answer to everything, but we certainly are willing to give it our all and work hard for it.”

Sample was honored for transforming USC into a global university during his 19 years as its president and for his contributions to teaching and mentoring students throughout his career.

“In some ways, it gives me more credit than I deserve,” Sample said. “What I like about it is the whole academic community here at USC has been behind this globalization, both in the ways we teach and in the ways we do research. I’m honored, I’m humbled, I probably don’t deserve it, but I’ll take it.”

Sample’s Global Educator Fellowship will be offered to Rossier doctoral candidates for international study in Latin America and the Pacific Rim, where he co-founded the Association of Pacific Rim Universities for the advancement of international collaborative research.

“We get more international students now than any other American university, which I think is good for our domestic students,” Sample said. “It exposes them to different cultures and different peoples in a way that nothing else really can.”

Sample said he feels the entire university is strengthened by the advancements of the Rossier School under Dean Karen Symms Gallagher and benefits the Trojan family.

Along with the awards presented to Sample and McCain, the proceeds from the gala will go toward fellowships established in honor of both the award recipients. The fellowships will benefit future Rossier students.

“The gift of education is a gift of life,” McCain said.

https://dailytrojan.com/2010/02/01/c...rossier-event/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Bourbon (11-16-2018)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Cindy McCain believes her late husband Sen. John McCain would be "terribly frustrated and terribly distraught" by the current state of political discourse. She shared her feelings about the lack of civility in politics today and President Trump with "CBS This Morning" co-host John Dickerson in her first interview since the senator's death in August.

McCain told Dickerson she hopes Mr. Trump will learn from the midterm elections and realize "the country needs a strong leader, not a negative Nancy."

"It's very humbling to lose and I hope he learns from it," she said. "We need our president. We need a White House that's strong, we need a White House that's not sparring with each other. And right now I think we're -- things are in disarray, and I would hope through this that he does learn."

Sen. McCain, a military hero and longtime lawmaker, was diagnosed with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer, in July 2017. But he remained an outspoken member of Congress even as he fought the disease.

Read more: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cindy-m...inkId=59730284
    Who gives a fuck what the wife of a dead Senator has to say? No one gives a shit what Ted Kennedy's wife at the time of his death or his ex-wife Joan either. Same thing about McCain's ex-wife Carol.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Who gives a fuck what the wife of a dead Senator has to say? No one gives a shit what Ted Kennedy's wife at the time of his death or his ex-wife Joan either. Same thing about McCain's ex-wife Carol.

Don't look now ... but guess who?

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,769 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    His job was to represent his constituents, not get along with his party. That is what he did. AZ just elected a Democrat, that says McCain was right.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I know who. It's you, another lover just like McCain. I guess he had no choice but to do what he did on healthcare knowing he couldn't defeat an unqualified black boy.

Now we got him going ...

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Now we got him going ...
    You're not man enough. You've proven that by failing to show where you said to come. Guess you were too scared.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're not man enough. You've proven that by failing to show where you said to come. Guess you were too scared.

Spoken like a true EXPERT