Thread: Asshat Going on about Jews and Sorcerers

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Asshat Going on about Jews and Sorcerers

I had posted an interesting story about the Sistine Chapel and the hidden insults to the Pope which Michelangelo placed in the frescoes... But the thread changed over to the fear of Asshat that magicmen who learn a form of "mysticism and sorcery" from ancient Israel, and of Jews overcame that subject. I have moved that to a new thread and gave up trying to keep this one on topic.

I'll instead entertain myself by making fun of the man who fears Madonna and thinks that Israel is the only group who can't have what he wants.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I had posted an interesting story about the Sistine Chapel and the hidden insults to the Pope which Michelangelo placed in the frescoes... But the thread changed over to the fear of Asshat that magicmen who learn a form of "mysticism and sorcery" from ancient Israel, and of Jews overcame that subject. I have moved that to a new thread and gave up trying to keep this one on topic.

I'll instead entertain myself by making fun of the man who fears Madonna and thinks that Israel is the only group who can't have what he wants.
    Gee damo, it says in there that Kabbalah was an ancient form of jewish mysticism. And you were saying it was just a bunch of "weird stuff" with no relationship to judaism. I guess that makes you wrong, again.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah I thought I saw the McDonalds golden arches in there.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    Gee damo, it says in there that Kabbalah was an ancient form of jewish mysticism. And you were saying it was just a bunch of "weird stuff" with no relationship to judaism. I guess that makes you wrong, again.
    I'm thinking you are pretending that is what I said. I said you don't have to be a Jew to practice it. It isn't "Jewish" in religion, it is an ethnic oriented mysticism. Again, I would call it "Hebrew" rather than "Jewish" in order to separate between the religion and the ethnicity.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Asshat ownes, crushes Damocles.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking you are pretending that is what I said. I said you don't have to be a Jew to practice it. It isn't "Jewish" in religion, it is an ethnic oriented mysticism. Again, I would call it "Hebrew" rather than "Jewish" in order to separate between the religion and the ethnicity.
    That's funny, damo. You should take this shit on the road.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's funny, damo. You should take this shit on the road.
    I'm here all week folks!

Mostly what I said about Kabbalism is that it is already past its peak in popularity and only people past their own prime, like Madonna, think it's still cool...

Oh, and dorks who fear it because they are "sorcerers"...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm here all week folks!

Mostly what I said about Kabbalism is that it is already past its peak in popularity and only people past their own prime, like Madonna, think it's still cool...

Oh, and dorks who fear it because they are "sorcerers"...
    I don't fear it, I disdain it because it contains elements of ethnic supremacism and dehumanization of "other". You know, "god's chosen" and all that mumbo jumbo.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't fear it, I disdain it because it contains elements of ethnic supremacism and dehumanization of "other". You know, "god's chosen" and all that mumbo jumbo.
    I disdain anybody who takes it seriously because, you know, they are "sorcerers"...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I disdain anybody who takes it seriously because, you know, they are "sorcerers"...
    How do you feel about people who disdain it because it contains elements of ethnic supremacism?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How do you feel about people who disdain it because it contains elements of ethnic supremacism?
    I think they take it too seriously. I couldn't care less if it contains elements of uberstank. It's silly to think they can really do magic.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think they take it too seriously. I couldn't care less if it contains elements of uberstank. It's silly to think they can really do magic.
    Yes. IT is silly to think that. I merely disdain it because it contains elements of ethnic supremacism, and that's not magic. Are you aware that ethnic supremacism is not "magic"?

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes. IT is silly to think that. I merely disdain it because it contains elements of ethnic supremacism, and that's not magic. Are you aware that ethnic supremacism is not "magic"?
    Of course, but 12 guys sitting in a room talking about how "superior" they are because they are "jewish sorcerers" doesn't concern me in any way other than to make fun of people who take it seriously.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Of course, but 12 guys sitting in a room talking about how "superior" they are because they are "jewish sorcerers" doesn't concern me in any way other than to make fun of people who take it seriously.
    How about an entire nation premised on ethic separatism/supremacism and another nation foolishly supporting these zionist misadventures? Does that concern you?

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How about an entire nation premised on ethic separatism/supremacism and another nation foolishly supporting these zionist misadventures? Does that concern you?
    The entire nation you speak of are not all kabbalists. Which is what we are talking about right now.

You personally have no issue with it, as you have stated repeatedly that there is no issue you have with any race wanting to nationalize. Why would this one scare you so much?

Of course, ignoring all the other ethnicities who live and vote in Israel is standard fare for those who want to make them seem as evil as possible.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle