Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The NEW - "Reagan Country"

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    And if you followed this thread the whole reason immigrants were brought up is because someone posted about the out migration we have in California within the states and floridafan replied our population is increasing. Why is our population increasing even though we have out migration within the states? Because of immigration.

Again, that is NOTHING negative toward immigrants. It's stating the fact of how our population grows. Not that difficult a concept.
    what kind of immigration? legal or illegal percentages?
    There's a caravan waiting in Tijuana trying to get into your sanctuary state.

It's a beautiful state though .enjoy

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Bloomberg spending. 2 million per seat. Plus it's california the whack job capitol of the USA
    Hilarious. A republican complaining about Citizens United and the 'free market.'

Dude, you couldn't make it in California.

Your Lemming-speak doesn't work on this channel. )
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Althea (11-16-2018)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Hilarious. A republican complaining about Citizens United and the 'free market.'

Dude, you couldn't make it in California.

Your Lemming-speak doesn't work on this channel. )
    why am I complaining? It's a fact.
    I'm not a fan of C.U but it's CONSTITUTIONAL and restricting money (political speech) is not.
    I've long supported public financing..Congress won't have it being the plutocrats they are.

why would I want to "make it in CA?" it's run like a shit-hole despite natural beauty.
    It couldn't get more fucked up if they tried ( and boy have they tried!)

I'm perfectly happy here in my low tax Fla. WTF is "lemming speak?"

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

why am I complaining? It's a fact.
    I'm not a fan of C.U but it's CONSTITUTIONAL and restricting money (political speech) is not.
    I've long supported public financing..Congress won't have it being the plutocrats they are.

why would I want to "make it in CA?" it's run like a shit-hole despite natural beauty.
    It couldn't get more fucked up if they tried ( and boy have they tried!)

I'm perfectly happy here in my low tax Fla. WTF is "lemming speak?"
    It's a republican law, and the absurdity of a republican complaining about is priceless.

Conservative Koch brothers' network to spend up to $400 million for the midterm election cycle – including $20 million to sell the GOP tax law
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/27/koch...ion-cycle.html

What was your argument again?

Your characterization of California is kinda' goofy.

California now world’s fifth-largest economy, bigger than Britain

California is now the world’s fifth-largest economy, according to data released Friday morning by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Its 2017 Gross State Product was $2.747 trillion, surpassing the United Kingdom’s $2.625 trillion Gross Domestic Product.
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/business...210466514.html

Sure
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Cypress (11-16-2018)

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I am not going to read your intentions, but this is a statement I see a lot of Republicans make.

Who cares if they are immigrants or native born? Are they less worthy because they are immigrants or from shit hole countries? What is the point you are trying to make?

My father was an immigrant, and I feel 100 percent confident he was a better citizen and member of the community than 90 percent of the buck-toothed rightwing hillbillies who have ever posted on this forum.

Cypress, you live here and are woke so you can answer floridafan's question of how our population has grown even though we've had out migration within the states.

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,738 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

:0) Are you assuming that I don't?

What this thread is obviously about it the political metamorphosis of Orange County, i.e; Reagan Country .. and the speed of that metamorphosis. That's an amazing outcome. You live there .. I've lived there.

Not a SINGLE elected republican in Reagan Land.

Nothing short of amazing.

You interjected immigrants, but unless tens of thousands of immigrants moved to Orange County in the last two years when it was nearly all red .. I'm not sure what immigrants have to do with it.
    I'll answer again because you won't acknowledge it. The question was how does California's population grow even though we have a out migration within the states. Since when did it become non P.C. to state that its immigrants. Why do you view that as a negative?

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'll answer again because you won't acknowledge it. The question was how does California's population grow even though we have a out migration within the states. Since when did it become non P.C. to state that its immigrants. Why do you view that as a negative?
    that makes zero sense

are you saying the only immigrants coming INTO CA are Hispanic and/or undocumented aliens?

and are you also saying no Hispanics and/or undocumented aliens LEAVE CA?

11. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't view immigrants moving anywhere as a negative.

My question is how is that relevant to ORANGE COUNTY / REAGAN COUNTRY and its change from being nearly all red to becoming entirely blue in two years?

That is the discussion.

12. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's a republican law, and the absurdity of a republican complaining about is priceless.

Conservative Koch brothers' network to spend up to $400 million for the midterm election cycle – including $20 million to sell the GOP tax law
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/27/koch...ion-cycle.html

What was your argument again?

Your characterization of California is kinda' goofy.

California now world’s fifth-largest economy, bigger than Britain

California is now the world’s fifth-largest economy, according to data released Friday morning by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Its 2017 Gross State Product was $2.747 trillion, surpassing the United Kingdom’s $2.625 trillion Gross Domestic Product.
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/business...210466514.html

Sure
    It's not a "Republican law" despite your brain dead reliance on partisanship for everything.
    It came about because EVERY PRIOR CAMPAIGN FINANCE LAW was thrown out-
    there is no effective way to limit money without limiting political speech -which is the MOST PROTECTED class of speech.

CA is runlike a shit hole. miles of homeless encampments, downtown LA,sanctuary state that leads to murder like Kate Steinle crap all over SF streets, insanely high state taxes,and not pruning dead forests because of way excessive enviornmental laws - very big reason for the fires.

In fact it is run about as poorly as possible which is why you are seeing the emigrations to other states.
    Florida has now surpassed NY in population..that should tell you something.

Yes it's a beautiful place despite the screwy politicians and draconian laws; but i really would not want to live there
    given the present conditions -seems I have company on that

13. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    that makes zero sense

are you saying the only immigrants coming INTO CA are Hispanic and/or undocumented aliens?

and are you also saying no Hispanics and/or undocumented aliens LEAVE CA?
    LOL, WTF? Where are you getting that from? You say you live here yet have no idea we have millions of legal immigrants in California? Do you not watch the news or read a newspaper?

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't view immigrants moving anywhere as a negative.

My question is how is that relevant to ORANGE COUNTY / REAGAN COUNTRY and its change from being nearly all red to becoming entirely blue in two years?

That is the discussion.
    The question asked was how did California's population grow when we had out migration within the states. That's what I answered yet you have a huge issue with it.

And Orange Country changed just like you and guno talk about in every post, demographics along with the Trump effect.

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

there is no effective way to limit money without limiting political speech -which is the MOST PROTECTED class of speech.
    sure there is

simply require all donors to superpacs, the the lion's share of all the donations, to identify themselves......no more 'dark money' flooding the election process allowed

of course the right wing SCOTUS gave us Citizens United so it's not possible at this point in time

16. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Althea (11-16-2018)

17. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    too many people now know how the republican party cheats in elections
    meanwhile in FL... Dems still trying to steal the elections

18. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    sure there is

simply require all donors to superpacs, the the lion's share of all the donations, to identify themselves......no more 'dark money' flooding the election process allowed

of course the right wing SCOTUS gave us Citizens United so it's not possible at this point in time
    that still doesn't remove the money. The money is a very big reason the Dems won the House. dark money or not.