Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Fighting Back By Galvanizing His Base Of White Males, "The Uneducated"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Fighting Back By Galvanizing His Base Of White Males, "The Uneducated"

This president knows what strikes the chord of the "forgotten man," the uneducated or those who have not attended college, white male who feels that they're on the fringe and not touched by any form of government. And this president has reached out to them. So his numbers are low, but he keeps doubling down.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...neducated.html
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump voter is an angry, ignorant white guy wearing a maga hat
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

“The decisive reason that white, male, older and less educated voters were disproportionately pro-Trump is that they shared his prejudices and wanted domineering, aggressive leaders …”

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guano View Post
    Trump voter is an angry, ignorant white guy wearing a maga hat
    I'm quite happy, have a STEM degree and a good job in my chosen field, plus I don't own a single MAGA hat. But I'm a white guy, so I guess you got that part right. I don't do drugs and won't be committing suicide either. You lose dick breath.

5. #5 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,511 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    I'm quite happy, have a STEM degree and a good job in my chosen field, plus I don't own a single MAGA hat. But I'm a white guy, so I guess you got that part right. I don't do drugs and won't be committing suicide either. You lose dick breath.
    guno shows no signs of being educated.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

cawacko (11-16-2018), Sirthinksalot (11-16-2018)

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    This president knows what strikes the chord of the "forgotten man," the uneducated or those who have not attended college, white male who feels that they're on the fringe and not touched by any form of government. And this president has reached out to them. So his numbers are low, but he keeps doubling down.

"EDUCATION" is a subjective term. Educated by who about what? Einstein couldn't tie his own shoes or comb his own hair, or fry and egg, or boil water, but he could tell you about the universe and how to build an atomic weapon.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 982 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    "EDUCATION" is a subjective term. Educated by who about what? Einstein couldn't tie his own shoes or comb his own hair, or fry and egg, or boil water, but he could tell you about the universe and how to build an atomic weapon.
    Einstein wasn't as absent minded as all that, he had the knowledge to boil water and tie his shoes etc, he was quite the bicycle rider too, he was just thinking about other stuff, like physics. I really, really love it when the conservatives start talking about common sense, it that where this is going?
    Be Best

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mak2 For This Post:

kudzu (11-16-2018)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post

April Ryan said despite President Trump's low approval rating we have yet to see any "kryptonite" that will "make him go out for the count." On Monday night's edition of CNN Tonight with Don Lemon, Ryan said Trump is "trying to find his way out," which means he has to double down with his base and "galvanize" them with positive talk about Confederacy and Charlottesville.

Ryan also said talk of the "forgotten man," is something that "strikes the chord" of his base of the "uneducated" "white male."

DON LEMON, CNN HOST: April, let's talk about the president's approval rating. He's at the lowest point overall. Just 36% say that they approve the way Trump is handling his job as president. How does the White House explain those low poll numbers which have been consistent throughout his presidency?

APRIL RYAN, AMERICAN URBAN RADIO NETWORKS: Well, they are very reactionary and deflective. They're blaming it on the Russia investigation. they're blaming it on Democrats. And it's interesting, Democrats who are trying to come up with some wins, particularly in the gubernatorial races in New Jersey and Virginia, they're blaming everything on the reactionary president for all the problems that we're having.

But this president is trying to find his way out. And he's doubling down with his base. And when it comes time to talk to his base, to galvanize them, he hits with topics that really resonate with them: the Confederacy, issues of race, the NFL with taking a knee or be it Charlottesville.

This president knows what strikes the chord of the "forgotten man," the uneducated or those who have not attended college, white male who feels that they're on the fringe and not touched by any form of government.

And this president has reached out to them. So his numbers are low, but he keeps doubling down. But we've not seen kryptonite yet for this president to make him go out for the count. He continues to rebound some kind of way. But the question is how often can he do this in the midst of this Russia investigation and just the divisions that's going on in this country?

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Are you proud of being uneducated?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Frank Apisa (11-16-2018)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Einstein wasn't as absent minded as all that, he had the knowledge to boil water and tie his shoes etc, he was quite the bicycle rider too, he was just thinking about other stuff, like physics. I really, really love it when the conservatives start talking about common sense, it that where this is going?
    I repeat, "education' is subjective. Educated by who about what?
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I repeat, "education' is subjective. Educated by who about what?
    OK go ahead, tell me all about that "Common Sense."
    Be Best

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mak2 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-16-2018), kudzu (11-16-2018)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

WTF?

... and you can name how many Einstein's?
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

kudzu (11-16-2018)

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    WTF?

... and you can name how many Einstein's?

Actually, Einstein was very savvy.. He recognized the threat in Germany and wrote a letter to his sister in 1922 about increasing nationalism and racism.

There is more to history than quick sound bites.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Bourbon (11-16-2018), mak2 (11-16-2018)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Oh please ! College was a joke ! Party , party , party !

All college does is rehash what you learned in high school ....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Loving91390 For This Post:

mak2 (11-16-2018)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    Oh please ! College was a joke ! Party , party , party !

All college does is rehash what you learned in high school ....
    Are you serious?
    Be Best