Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kamala Harris draws parallel between ICE and the KKK

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default Kamala Harris draws parallel between ICE and the KKK

Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., suggested that the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was perceived in a similar way to the Ku Klux Klan during a confirmation hearing of Ronald Vitiello, the nominee to head the agency.

Harris asked Vitiello if he believed the public's perception of ICE was creating fear and distrust in the way the KKK did last century.

Specifically, she wanted to know about Vitiello's 2015 tweet that said the Democratic Party was comparable to a "liberal-cratic" or "neo-Klanist" entity. The tweet was in response to conservative radio host Mark Levin, who had been discussing the Democratic Party's role in 20th century segregation.

"What is the history that would then make those words wrong?" Harris asked about the KKK during a Thursday confirmation hearing before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

The Republican National Committee pounced on the exchange to accuse Harris, a likely Democratic presidential candidate in 2020, of comparing ICE officers to Klansmen and sent out a video clip from the hearing. Ronna McDaniel, RNC chairwoman, said: "Kamala Harris is trying to launch her 2020 campaign off of comparing ICE officers to the KKK, and it's absolutely disgusting."

Vitiello said the KKK would, in today's terminology, be labeled a domestic terrorist group. Harris about the group's motivation, to which Vitiello responded it was racially motivated.

"Are you aware of the perception of many about how the power and the discretion at ICE is being used to enforce the laws and do you see any parallels ..." she asked.

Vitiello interjected before Harris could name ICE and the KKK: "I do not see any parallels."

"That puts ICE in the same category as the KKK. Is that what you're asking me?" he said.

"No, I'm very specific in what I'm asking you. Are you aware of a perception that they way that they ..." Harris said.

"I see none," Vitiello said.

"Are you aware that there is a perception that ICE is administering its power in a way that is causing fear and intimidation, particularly among immigrants and specifically among immigrants coming from Mexico and Central America?" she asked.

VItiello said he did not. Harris asked how he could be the head of an agency and not be aware of how some view it.

"It seems to me that you would understand that when you use words like the words you used just three short years ago, that that would contribute to that perception," Harris said. "And it's harmful then, it's harmful, in terms of the mission of the agency and the work of the individuals there. And it is harmful in terms of leading — innocent people arriving at our border fleeing harm, it is harmful to them."
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...en-ice-and-kkk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Bigdog (11-17-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., suggested that the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was perceived in a similar way to the Ku Klux Klan during a confirmation hearing of Ronald Vitiello, the nominee to head the agency.

Harris asked Vitiello if he believed the public's perception of ICE was creating fear and distrust in the way the KKK did last century.

Specifically, she wanted to know about Vitiello's 2015 tweet that said the Democratic Party was comparable to a "liberal-cratic" or "neo-Klanist" entity. The tweet was in response to conservative radio host Mark Levin, who had been discussing the Democratic Party's role in 20th century segregation.

"What is the history that would then make those words wrong?" Harris asked about the KKK during a Thursday confirmation hearing before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

The Republican National Committee pounced on the exchange to accuse Harris, a likely Democratic presidential candidate in 2020, of comparing ICE officers to Klansmen and sent out a video clip from the hearing. Ronna McDaniel, RNC chairwoman, said: "Kamala Harris is trying to launch her 2020 campaign off of comparing ICE officers to the KKK, and it's absolutely disgusting."

Vitiello said the KKK would, in today's terminology, be labeled a domestic terrorist group. Harris about the group's motivation, to which Vitiello responded it was racially motivated.

"Are you aware of the perception of many about how the power and the discretion at ICE is being used to enforce the laws and do you see any parallels ..." she asked.

Vitiello interjected before Harris could name ICE and the KKK: "I do not see any parallels."

"That puts ICE in the same category as the KKK. Is that what you're asking me?" he said.

"No, I'm very specific in what I'm asking you. Are you aware of a perception that they way that they ..." Harris said.

"I see none," Vitiello said.

"Are you aware that there is a perception that ICE is administering its power in a way that is causing fear and intimidation, particularly among immigrants and specifically among immigrants coming from Mexico and Central America?" she asked.

VItiello said he did not. Harris asked how he could be the head of an agency and not be aware of how some view it.

"It seems to me that you would understand that when you use words like the words you used just three short years ago, that that would contribute to that perception," Harris said. "And it's harmful then, it's harmful, in terms of the mission of the agency and the work of the individuals there. And it is harmful in terms of leading — innocent people arriving at our border fleeing harm, it is harmful to them."
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...en-ice-and-kkk
    She is a dumb cunt

The democrat party primary is going to be a shit show of epic proportions

4. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.1 For This Post:

Darth Omar (11-15-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 34 Posts

Another stupid comment by another stupid politician. How do these people continue to be elected.
    I know because the population are sheep. People stupidity vote for a party instead of the person.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tkaffen For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (11-16-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

does he need to be aware of her ignorance?......

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    She is a dumb cunt

Add to that the Spector of Hillary trying to get to the left of the hot little Marxist congressman lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Go walk into any hospital emergency room in Cailfornia and tell me we need more illegal aliens in this country !!!

WAKE THE FUCK UP ALREADY !!!!!

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    Go walk into any hospital emergency room in Cailfornia and tell me we need more illegal aliens in this country !!!

WAKE THE FUCK UP ALREADY !!!!!
    White guys are the violent ones, we should focus on them.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    White guys are the violent ones, we should focus on them.

Not according to statistics ....

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 9 Posts

I lived in AZ for 5 years. The majority of ICE there were hispanic.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not according to statistics ....
    See "synagogue gunners".

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Kamala Harris draws parallel between ICE and the KKK

Yeah they kinda are actually, police departments and law enforcement are trending the same way, have been for a while.

Don’t care for her, corporatist same ole same ole, but she’s right with that, that’s how ICE is being leveraged.

Incrementalism. Nasty. Insidious. The public is very malleable, pliable. They’ve been desensitized to mass shootings on a regular basis. They’ve been desensitized to endless wars of occupation that economically cannibalize society at home. They’ve been desensitized to the power of the state to murder unarmed citizens in the streets, and now in their homes and on the job, with impunity. They’ve been desensitized to the incarceration and separation of nonviolent families into for profit holding pens and corporate for profit prisons with corporate convict labor leasing. They’ve been desensitized to their government supporting three quarters of the world’s military dictatorships. They’ve been desensitized to partnering in genocide with a nation who butchers and liquefies a critical journalist. They’ve been desensitized to twenty two veterans per day committing suicide from “serving” in seven hot active shooting wars in Muslim majority countries with no plan other than to occupy.

So now we should be ready to take the next step and desensitize them to deploying the military out into society and constructing holding facilities on american soil.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

blackascoal (11-16-2018), Controlled Opposition (11-16-2018)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

See "synagogue gunners".

See " ghetto murders " .

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

See " ghetto murders " .
    See "police".

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

See "police".
    Far less police murders ... far more black on black murders ....

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,417 Times in 7,536 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    She is a dumb cunt

Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters. All from California, all females, all dims , all trying to out dumb each other.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

anatta (11-16-2018)