Thread: If Kavanaugh had said this

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default If Kavanaugh had said this

Looking through an old local newspaper I found this letter to the editor. I found it well written, to the point and I could not have said it as well. I also completely agree.

To the editor:

Imagine if this had been Brett Kavanaugh’s testimony:

“Look, I wouldn’t endorse 17-year-old Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court. I wouldn’t endorse 21-year-old Brett Kavanaugh, either. I made mistakes, behaved in ways that embarrass me now. Standing before you and God, hand on my heart, I can honestly say that I believe I’m innocent of this claim. But regardless, I am sorry if any of my past behavior casts doubt on my character or ability to behave anything but honorably now. I grew up sheltered, and my worldview was limited; but I have grown since college, gained maturity and compassion for those less privileged than I. I believe that 53-year-old Brett Kavanaugh can win your faith, and I address this statement to both sides of the aisle. I also believe that the burden of convincing you is all mine. With that said, I understand why you should treat this accusation with the utmost seriousness, and I will answer your questions as completely and transparently as I possibly can.”

If he had said these things, I think I would have believed him.

Tricia Bryski
    There are none so blind as those who will not see

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stoned View Post
    Looking through an old local newspaper I found this letter to the editor. I found it well written, to the point and I could not have said it as well. I also completely agree.

To the editor:

Imagine if this had been Brett Kavanaugh’s testimony:

“Look, I wouldn’t endorse 17-year-old Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court. I wouldn’t endorse 21-year-old Brett Kavanaugh, either. I made mistakes, behaved in ways that embarrass me now. Standing before you and God, hand on my heart, I can honestly say that I believe I’m innocent of this claim. But regardless, I am sorry if any of my past behavior casts doubt on my character or ability to behave anything but honorably now. I grew up sheltered, and my worldview was limited; but I have grown since college, gained maturity and compassion for those less privileged than I. I believe that 53-year-old Brett Kavanaugh can win your faith, and I address this statement to both sides of the aisle. I also believe that the burden of convincing you is all mine. With that said, I understand why you should treat this accusation with the utmost seriousness, and I will answer your questions as completely and transparently as I possibly can.”

If he had said these things, I think I would have believed him.

Tricia Bryski
    America just didn't care if he did it or not, it just didn't matter. That's who we are.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    America just didn't care if he did it or not, it just didn't matter. That's who we are.
    I pretty much agree. I resented all the bullcookies thrown out. Personally don't believe a word of what Kavanaugh said and he struck me as 100% showmanship and liar. That said I don't think what he did as a college kid matters much. The cover up offends me. I was much more concerned with his lies in previous hearings. All documented by the way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stoned For This Post:

jimmymccready (11-15-2018)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stoned View Post
    I pretty much agree. I resented all the bullcookies thrown out. Personally don't believe a word of what Kavanaugh said and he struck me as 100% showmanship and liar. That said I don't think what he did as a college kid matters much. The cover up offends me. I was much more concerned with his lies in previous hearings. All documented by the way.
    Take ALL of the sexual allegations off the table. He lied throughout the hearings.

Kavanaugh Lied to the Judiciary Committee—Repeatedly
    Thursday’s hearing didn’t prove whether Kavanaugh assaulted Ford. But we do know the Supreme Court nominee wasn’t honest in his testimony.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...committee.html

The Evidence Is Clear: Brett Kavanaugh Lied to the Senate Judiciary Committee
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...eme-court.html

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Take ALL of the sexual allegations off the table. He lied throughout the hearings.

Kavanaugh Lied to the Judiciary Committee—Repeatedly
    Thursday’s hearing didn’t prove whether Kavanaugh assaulted Ford. But we do know the Supreme Court nominee wasn’t honest in his testimony.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...committee.html

The Evidence Is Clear: Brett Kavanaugh Lied to the Senate Judiciary Committee
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...eme-court.html
    We agree completely.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

It never mattered what Americans cared or thought, the Senate was going to confirm him ever if he was a proven child molester.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    It never mattered what Americans cared or thought, the Senate was going to confirm him ever if he was a proven child molester.
    As long as all we the people do is sit on our asses, yeah.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post

I agree with that too.