Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, PostmodernProphet, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM and Ralph

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liar in chief; I will legalize it after the elections.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 Times in 27,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    This fucking idiot thinks I am a white Nationalist.
    they just project

they are all little frances'

2. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Rune (11-16-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Damn, boy.

Trump said he would legalize weed after the midterms.

I have no idea how he planned to do it, I truly don't think he planned to at all, which is my point.
    thanks, and no I don't believe he had any plans to do it either. but the dems won't allow it either, for all their shit show posturing. there's too much money in it for the feds to let it go.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

Thread: Liar in chief; I will legalize it after the elections.

Have we defined "it" yet?
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,835 Times in 17,266 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    What are Democrats doing in that regard? Oh that's right, nothing.

Cuck? I guess you just gave yourself away, since that's a favorite term of the white nationalists and KKK types. I might have known.
    Can you learn at all? The Dems had zero power. The Reds held the house, senate, and executive. Now really think about it. What could the Dems do? They could not pass anything.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Can you learn at all? The Dems had zero power. The Reds held the house, senate, and executive. Now really think about it. What could the Dems do? They could not pass anything.
    there were at least 4 years where dems held the WH, Senate, and the congress, yet didn't do a single fucking thing about marijuana. stop crying now because they dont want it legalized anyway
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    there were at least 4 years where dems held the WH, Senate, and the congress, yet didn't do a single fucking thing about marijuana. stop crying now because they dont want it legalized anyway
    True.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

POTUS can't re-schedule alone. POTUS can change enforcement priorities

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Why did he say it then?
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I learned on this AM's local radio that Albany has already scheduled that.
    Reportedly, beginning Dec. #1 (2018 I imagine) a law jurisdiction in or near the NY State capital will no longer prosecute non-violent possession charges for amounts of marijuana less than 2 oz.

Governor Cuomo "explained" (justified) this by saying New York State is surrounded by jurisdictions where the War on marijuana is winding down.
    Canada has legalized recreational use.
    Neighboring (adjacent) States have either recreational decriminalization, medicinal mj, or both.
    Cuomo suggested NYS is simply out of step with the times, and that it's an irresponsible expenditure of scarce resources to continue the War on marijuana when there are better ways for our police and court systems to expend their meager resources.

My objection is that it makes the remaining Drug War more palatable. We should terminate Drug War entirely. This half-stepping will only prolong the human rights catastrophe of continuing the Drug War. Have a nice day.

a #22

I know of no numerical or other specified limit to the President's pardon authority.
    President Trump could simply threaten to pardon any U.S. citizen convicted in the U.S. of a simple marijuana possession charge, within the rubric of Trump's pardon authority.

It might prove to be an interesting test of this presidential authority. I'm guessing it would be likely to end up in court.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

PS
    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post

"Why did he say it then?" R #23
    Why did Senator Obama promise to close Gitmo his first year in presidential office?

Did candidate Obama lie? I don't thinks so. I think the Republicans obstructed him, to the detriment of the U.S. $tax $payer.

We could have continued to safely house the remaining Gitmo inmates Stateside, at a tenth the $price of Gitmo. But the Republicans would rather spite a Democrat than save us $tax $payers $Millions !!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sear For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-16-2018), Rune (11-16-2018)

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Personally, I think we should just have a Joint Session in Congress, and get this thing passed!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

Rune (11-16-2018)

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    I learned on this AM's local radio that Albany has already scheduled that.
    Reportedly, beginning Dec. #1 (2018 I imagine) a law jurisdiction in or near the NY State capital will no longer prosecute non-violent possession charges for amounts of marijuana less than 2 oz.

Governor Cuomo "explained" (justified) this by saying New York State is surrounded by jurisdictions where the War on marijuana is winding down.
    Canada has legalized recreational use.
    Neighboring (adjacent) States have either recreational decriminalization, medicinal mj, or both.
    Cuomo suggested NYS is simply out of step with the times, and that it's an irresponsible expenditure of scarce resources to continue the War on marijuana when there are better ways for our police and court systems to expend their meager resources.

My objection is that it makes the remaining Drug War more palatable. We should terminate Drug War entirely. This half-stepping will only prolong the human rights catastrophe of continuing the Drug War. Have a nice day.

a #22

I know of no numerical or other specified limit to the President's pardon authority.
    President Trump could simply threaten to pardon any U.S. citizen convicted in the U.S. of a simple marijuana possession charge, within the rubric of Trump's pardon authority.

It might prove to be an interesting test of this presidential authority. I'm guessing it would be likely to end up in court.
    Why would it end up in court?

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Why did he say it then?
    I believe he said he’ll leave marijuana policy up to the states.
    He also said he supports the Strengthening the Tenth Amendment Entrusting States (STATES) Act

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Why would it end up in court?" a #28
    I'm an old man.
    I'm not a historian because I want to be.
    I'm a historian because I was born in 1954.

And while I don't know much, I do know this about that:

any status quo
    ANY status quo
    ANY STATUS QUO
    ANY STATUS QUO
    ANY STATUS QUO
    ANY STATUS QUO

has a constituency. And whatever they are, whomever they are, whyever they are, they will oppose change.

For more information, I refer you to Art.3 of the United States Constitution.

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    link
    Bowling shoes!