Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the Stench Of Trump has sunk the GOP for decades to come

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Low energy Jeb or establishment Rubio etc. would have lost to Hillary. Trump is a very good campaigner
    and he had a really good message that tapped right into American populism ( caused by scorn of the Swamp )..

I don't know who succeeds Trump for the Republicans; I don't care as long as populism is their way..
    I have my doubts
    Rubio would have smoked Hillary. Not even close.

Orange County didn't turn blue in one year, it has been changing for a couple of decades.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,742 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Does everyone understand that if Donald Trump "AND" Mike Pence are "both" found guilty of lying or covering anything up- Nancy Pelosi would then become the president by default?

That's about where we are at folks! Whether you like it or not!
    oversite is a Muuuther huh

the founders were brilliant

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,742 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

Orange County didn't turn blue in one year, it has been changing for a couple of decades.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

not true.
    Rubio has no charisma.. I accept him as a Senator - he's OK despite being a neocon.

But any establishment Republican was at a distinct disadvantage to the Democratic machine.
    Being an establishment Republican yourself who dosn't get Trump's populist appeal ( no disrespect intended).
    Trump appeals to the working class . we stole those from the Dems- and left the Dems with leftists and PC feminists etc.

Rubio would not have cracked the blue wall - Trump's populism did it.
    ~~
    Bloomberg dropped 10million into South Cal races - flooded the air, while the Repubs were as usual disorganized

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Trump is now calling out the
    "special" counsel, personally. "Special" alright, a bunch of partisan nut-bags supposedly conducting an "independent" investigation.

this is why we love Mr Trump, he doesn't care who they are, you walk like a rat, smell like a rat, he's going to expose you

#MAGA
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Good Luck Anatta! But, I think Donald Trump's empire is blowing up in Donald Trump's face and it's all catching up to him.

First of all, Because Donald Trump owes those Russian lenders all that money that he legally can't pay back while they are under sanction, Donald Trump has been paying them back in the form of turning over properties to them. And that is what you call laundering money. And he got caught. And he already knows it. So he will be facing a laundry list of felonies related to that. So, he's toast.

It's just a matter of time before the Special Prosecution turns all of this over to congress, and Mitch McConnell won't have any choice but to impeach him.

It's sad, but that's what happens when you live the life of Donald Trump. He couldn't get out of his own way!
    it's good talking with you. I appreciated the convo.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Adolf_Twitler (11-15-2018)

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    "special" counsel, personally. "Special" alright, a bunch of partisan nut-bags supposedly conducting an "independent" investigation.

this is why we love Mr Trump, he doesn't care who they are, you walk like a rat, smell like a rat, he's going to expose you
    #MAGA
    Stone, maybe Corsi gets indicted for the usual lying. The whole concept of Russian collusion was a silly farce

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    not true.
    Rubio has no charisma.. I accept him as a Senator - he's OK despite being a neocon.

But any establishment Republican was at a distinct disadvantage to the Democratic machine.
    Being an establishment Republican yourself who dosn't get Trump's populist appeal ( no disrespect intended).
    Trump appeals to the working class . we stole those from the Dems- and left the Dems with leftists and PC feminists etc.

Rubio would not have cracked the blue wall - Trump's populism did it.
    ~~
    Bloomberg dropped 10million into South Cal races - flooded the air, while the Repubs were as usual disorganized
    You think Hillary was unbeatable except only to Trump? No freaking way

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Low energy Jeb or establishment Rubio etc. would have lost to Hillary. Trump is a very good campaigner
    and he had a really good message that tapped right into American populism ( caused by scorn of the Swamp )..

I don't know who succeeds Trump for the Republicans; I don't care as long as populism is their way..
    I have my doubts
    What is populism?

There is disagreement on this point, but we can define it in broad terms. At the root of populist movements is a delineation between "normal folk" and "the elite." For example, "We" are the people and "they" are the ones who cheat, control and subjugate us, along with their supporters. These concepts are impossible to define in clearer terms because they don't reflect objective realities. More than anything else, the divide is grounded on identity and emotion that stem from making a sharp distinction between friend and enemy.

Other key characteristics include:

• Politics are based on emotion to generate a feeling of affective identification.

• Intellectuals and experts are viewed with suspicion because of their ties with the elite. Their words are perceived as skewed and biased.

• The idea that the general will should prevail. Since representative democracies use intermediate structures, such as representatives and political parties, the will of the people should be abided. Liberal institutions (the separation of powers, the neutrality of state institutions, the defense of political and media pluralism) are no longer useful.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/iese/20.../#ce42fe51d442

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

dukkha (11-15-2018)

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You think Hillary was unbeatable except only to Trump? No freaking way
    I think Bernie might/might have done it..maybe tying into his own movement. Remember it was a change election.

I don't think you get the anger out there at both parties for that POTUS election. The midterms were a base election

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    What is populism?

There is disagreement on this point, but we can define it in broad terms. At the root of populist movements is a delineation between "normal folk" and "the elite." For example, "We" are the people and "they" are the ones who cheat, control and subjugate us, along with their supporters. These concepts are impossible to define in clearer terms because they don't reflect objective realities. More than anything else, the divide is grounded on identity and emotion that stem from making a sharp distinction between friend and enemy.

Other key characteristics include:

• Politics are based on emotion to generate a feeling of affective identification.

• Intellectuals and experts are viewed with suspicion because of their ties with the elite. Their words are perceived as skewed and biased.

• The idea that the general will should prevail. Since representative democracies use intermediate structures, such as representatives and political parties, the will of the people should be abided. Liberal institutions (the separation of powers, the neutrality of state institutions, the defense of political and media pluralism) are no longer useful.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/iese/20.../#ce42fe51d442
    It's really not complicated. Jobs/immigration/trade ( effecting jobs) is the main driver.
    But Trump enunciates that into a movement much more then just good jobs.
    MAGA is a very appealing message to those of us who think DC is an unresponsive Swamp

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

I know there may be only one or two people on the planet that could beat Trump in 2020,
    I could point them both out to you, but I don't think the Democrats have a clue
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know there may be only one or two people on the planet that could beat Trump in 2020,
    I could point them both out to you, but I don't think the Democrats have a clue
    well he's got to stop bleeding suburban women. If the economy continues to do well, and Mueller and Russiaphobia die down he can run against a do nothing Dem as well.

I think him being an incumbent in the debates will swing it for him if he can continue to point to a successful presidency

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

#MAGA
    get a clue, what Trump says is meaningless and only his cult buys all this shit

he's squirming like a toad