Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Lightbringer, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Into the Night and Enlightened One

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disrespecting The Flag

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I once heard somebody say "I love my country but don't think that love has to end at the national border."
    Conflict of interest begins there though. I was amazed at how beautiful the Northern countries were when was deployed on Arctic detachments, and I loved the air there too. I loved all those Northern countries, but not like I love my own.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I am a Gulf War vet who served in the sand, so I have a pretty good idea what that flag represents. Nobody even makes it out of boot camp without knowing how to respect our flag.
    I've been in the military. It's all about the necessary indoctrination of civilians into soldiers. That's what boot camp is all about.

It teaches you what you are told, but it doesn't make anyone more conscious about government than anyone else.

Among other things, the flag represents the right to dissent, as does the Declaration of Independence .. which determines dissent to be a right and duty when necessary.

The flag does not represent any form of forced 'patriotism.'
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Fentoine Lum (11-14-2018), Gotcha68 (11-14-2018)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

As former military, I put respect for human beings over our flag and anthem any day of the week. You want to burn the flag then burn it. You want to sit down during the anthem then sit down. You want to disrespect others because of who they are, the color of their skin, where they come from or what religion they practice/or not then I have issues with you and I don't give a damn whether you are wrapped up in our flag and belting out the anthem while saluting...I will have issues with you.

Never in my life would I even consider putting an inanimate object in a superior position to an actual human being. Period.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gotcha68 For This Post:

Anarchon (11-15-2018)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    I've been in the military. It's all about the necessary indoctrination of civilians into soldiers. That's what boot camp is all about.

It teaches you what you are told, but it doesn't make anyone more conscious about government than anyone else.

Among other things, the flag represents the right to dissent, as does the Declaration of Independence .. which determines dissent to be a right and duty when necessary.

The flag does not represent any form of forced 'patriotism.'
    I am fully aware of how much you disrespect the flag and hate my country, no need to go off on this rant.

While the military does teach everybody how to respect the flag, the military does not pick up with raising a kid where parents and church left off. Young recruits look up to and form values by watching their senior ranks, but the senior ranks often too young to make good role models.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    As former military, I put respect for human beings over our flag and anthem any day of the week. You want to burn the flag then burn it. You want to sit down during the anthem then sit down. You want to disrespect others because of who they are, the color of their skin, where they come from or what religion they practice/or not then I have issues with you and I don't give a damn whether you are wrapped up in our flag and belting out the anthem while saluting...I will have issues with you.

Never in my life would I even consider putting an inanimate object in a superior position to an actual human being. Period.
    I am fully aware of how much you disrespect the flag and hate my country, no need to go off on this rant.

While the military does teach everybody how to respect the flag, the military does not pick up with raising a kid where parents and church left off. Young recruits look up to and form values by watching their senior ranks, but the senior ranks often too young to make good role models.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    US Flag Code §176. Respect for flag (j) ...
    Man fuck that, that's mindfuck blind obedience territory.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

tinfoil (11-14-2018)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nope, just you. Don't try to hide behind the other stuff.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    Nope, just you. Don't try to hide behind the other stuff.
    weak shit

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't understand the logic of saying the flag is important because it represents X. X is what's important. The flag is just a symbol.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

weak shit
    Too close to home?

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    I don't understand the logic of saying the flag is important because it represents X. X is what's important. The flag is just a symbol.
    No matter how much you try, and no matter how much love you put into it, you simply cannot teach a dog to read.

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No matter how much you try, and no matter how much love you put into it, you simply cannot teach a dog to read.
    Is that what you assumed we were doing with you here?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Gotcha68 (11-15-2018)

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I once heard somebody say "I love my country but don't think that love has to end at the national border."
    I like that.

Thanks.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Fentoine Lum (11-14-2018)

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Evmetro,

I am a Gulf War vet who served in the sand, so I have a pretty good idea what that flag represents. Nobody even makes it out of boot camp without knowing how to respect our flag.
    Thank you for your service.

So if any of those guys with the tattered home flag draped across the dirty pick up bed served, then they are knowingly disrespecting the flag. I don't think having served gives them any special right to make up their own rules and disregard the US Flag Code.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Evmetro,

Thank you for your service.

So if any of those guys with the tattered home flag draped across the dirty pick up bed served, then they are knowingly disrespecting the flag. I don't think having served gives them any special right to make up their own rules and disregard the US Flag Code.
    He didn't really serve. Listen to him. He thinks he earned something others did not. That's not serving at all.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Anarchon (11-15-2018)