Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Lightbringer, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Into the Night and Enlightened One

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: President Trump In A Terrible Funk Since Midterm Election Loss Wake-Up Call

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default President Trump In A Terrible Funk Since Midterm Election Loss Wake-Up Call

Trouble dealing with the reality he can't alter:

For weeks this fall, an ebullient President Trump traveled relentlessly to hold raise-the-rafters campaign rallies — sometimes three a day — in states where his presence was likely to help Republicans on the ballot.

But his mood apparently has changed as he has taken measure of the electoral backlash that voters delivered Nov. 6. With the certainty that the incoming Democratic House majority will go after his tax returns and investigate his actions, and the likelihood of additional indictments by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, Trump has retreated into a cocoon of bitterness and resentment, according to multiple administration sources.

Behind the scenes, they say, the president has lashed out at several aides, from junior press assistants to senior officials. “He’s furious,” said one administration official. “Most staffers are trying to avoid him.”

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, painted a picture of a brooding president “trying to decide who to blame” for Republicans’ election losses, even as he publicly and implausibly continues to claim victory.
    Standard anti-troll thread thief disclaimer:
    If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer?

If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it.

Thread thievery is the tool of trolls. You know, people talk about one another. You might as well admit it is true, and realize the people who know you, talk about you when you are not present. I can accept that. Many can't. Trolls can't. They have to try to conTROLL what people say about them. (Like Trump!) They can't stand the thought of people talking about them without trying to conTROLL the conversation. That's the insecurity talking......

The people banned from this thread were banned because they refused to be polite, so I refuse to talk to them. I came to talk about Just Plain Politics.
    LA Times: Trump, stung by midterms and nervous about Mueller, retreats from traditional presidential duties

He needs to cheer up. Time to fire some people! Maybe some obnoxious tweets will make him feel better? Maybe deny the Democrats took the House? Call if fake news? Surely he can alter this news cycle to make it more positive about him... After all, he conTROLLS the news, right?

Maybe he should go grab some P, or walk into the teen dressing room of a beauty pageant? Get some outside nookie? Start a new affair with an even younger woman? Cheat a little more at golf? Show a lower score? I don't know what makes him happy. I don't know if he has ever been happy.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (11-13-2018), Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018), kudzu (11-13-2018), Phantasmal (11-13-2018), signalmankenneth (11-13-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,137 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trouble dealing with the reality he can't alter:

Standard anti-troll thread thief disclaimer:

LA Times: Trump, stung by midterms and nervous about Mueller, retreats from traditional presidential duties

He needs to cheer up. Time to fire some people! Maybe some obnoxious tweets will make him feel better? Maybe deny the Democrats took the House? Call if fake news? Surely he can alter this news cycle to make it more positive about him... After all, he conTROLLS the news, right?

Maybe he should go grab some P, or walk into the teen dressing room of a beauty pageant? Get some outside nookie? Start a new affair with an even younger woman? Cheat a little more at golf? Show a lower score? I don't know what makes him happy. I don't know if he has ever been happy.
    No more rallies, too. When can he start campaigning for 2020?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

evince (11-13-2018), Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018), signalmankenneth (11-13-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yup, saw that

when Trump FINALLY cracks it's gonna get real ugly real fast, and Melanie FINALLY found her ovaries so hopefully she'll drop kick the asshole

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

evince (11-13-2018), kudzu (11-13-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,739 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

8. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The man has been running from his own insecurities his entire life, all to gain his father's approval.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018), iolo (11-14-2018), kudzu (11-13-2018)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    No more rallies, too. When can he start campaigning for 2020?
    He'll have his rallies.. He thrives on the adulation of the mob.

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

The referendum on Trump ended in a Blue We the People House of Representatives and nearly as many GOP senators as Trump wished for.

What did he think would happen, considering that he is the Orange Doofus.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018), kudzu (11-13-2018), reagansghost (11-13-2018)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,820 Times in 17,256 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Trump did not get a wake up call. that would assume that he is able to do better and has slipped or asleep. Trump was revealed. He is inreal trouble. This election shows he has lost a lot of women ,the suburbs and now the military. All dependable Repub voters. Trump is heading for a disaste in 2020. Can't wait.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018), iolo (11-14-2018), jimmymccready (11-13-2018), kudzu (11-13-2018), reagansghost (11-13-2018)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

update: Corsi cracking under pressure, will rat out Roger Stone soon

remember this asshole?...........the younguns here may not remember 2004 but I do.........

""What sort of combination of hypocrite and paradox is John Kerry?"" ask the authors in this heated critique of the Democratic presidential candidate's Vietnam-era military service and antiwar activism. O'Neill, a lawyer and swift boat veteran, and Corsi, an expert on Vietnam antiwar movements, argue that Kerry misrepresented his wartime exploits and is therefore incompetent to serve as commander in chief.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018), kudzu (11-14-2018)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    update: Corsi cracking under pressure, will rat out Roger Stone soon

remember this asshole?...........the younguns here may not remember 2004 but I do.........

""What sort of combination of hypocrite and paradox is John Kerry?"" ask the authors in this heated critique of the Democratic presidential candidate's Vietnam-era military service and antiwar activism. O'Neill, a lawyer and swift boat veteran, and Corsi, an expert on Vietnam antiwar movements, argue that Kerry misrepresented his wartime exploits and is therefore incompetent to serve as commander in chief.

I sure hope they indict Corsi.

Jerome Robert Corsi (born August 31, 1946) is an American author, political commentator, and conspiracy theorist. His two New York Times best-selling books, Unfit for Command (2004) and The Obama Nation (2008), attacked Democratic presidential candidates and were criticized for including numerous inaccuracies.

In other books and columns for conservative sites such as WorldNetDaily and Human Events, Corsi has discussed conspiracy theories, such as the alleged plans for a North American government, the theory that President Barack Obama is not a United States citizen, criticism of the United States government for allegedly covering up information about the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, and alleged United States support of Iran in its attempts to develop nuclear weapons.

In 2017, he became the Washington, D.C. bureau chief for the conspiracy theory website InfoWars, but no longer works for the website.

continued

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Corsi

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018), reagansghost (11-14-2018)

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    He'll have his rallies.. He thrives on the adulation of the mob.
    Maybe that's why he is in such a funk. It's a bad time for rallies now. The election is over. No point in having a rally now. And he wouldn't get as much turn-out.

Ouuu. That would be depressing.

What if Trump gave a rally and turn-out was poor?

He would die of embarrassment to see more pictures of a big venue, sparsely attended, lots of empty unfilled space.

Remember how much of a funk he was in after the inauguration?

Arguing about how big the crowd was?

Man. If it was really a big crowd you wouldn't have to argue about how big it was.

What a pathetic president.

So sad. SAD!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018), kudzu (11-14-2018), Phantasmal (11-14-2018)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Eating, Yelling, Tweeting, Watching TV, Pooping, Sulking, generally ignoring his presidential duties

Especially not a good daily regimen for a 72 year old manbaby who is also 'President of the United States'.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018)

24. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Poor Poor Baby ...
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello kudzu,

Maybe that's why he is in such a funk. It's a bad time for rallies now. The election is over. No point in having a rally now. And he wouldn't get as much turn-out.

Ouuu. That would be depressing.

What if Trump gave a rally and turn-out was poor?

He would die of embarrassment to see more pictures of a big venue, sparsely attended, lots of empty unfilled space.

Remember how much of a funk he was in after the inauguration?

Arguing about how big the crowd was?

Man. If it was really a big crowd you wouldn't have to argue about how big it was.

What a pathetic president.

So sad. SAD!

I think he will do lots of rallies for his re-election starting very soon.. Its seems to be what he feeds on.

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,137 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

He’s low energy for his duties as President, he didn’t go to Asia, he sent Pence. It’s a slap in the face to those countries.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-14-2018)