Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hear Chris Hedges!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Default Hear Chris Hedges!

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/yh...a&action=click

I know that few are going to watch a video of that length but maybe they will become interested enough after some discussion to clue themselves in to what Hedges is saying?

He understands that the two major parties are the same evil bastards who have hijackked the ordinary people and are working to uphold the very wealthy at the people's expense. The 1% in other words. He's supported the Libertarian party but that shouldn't be held against him. He freely admits that he was voting against the two major parties which are totally corrupt.

And he's zeroed in on Trump's cheap tricks of appealing to the people to blame minorities for their horrible losing lot in life. It's exactly the same tactic that Hitler used to rise to power, and only the minorities are different this time. Will it work for Trump? It will work the same as it worked for Hitler and drive the world away from the US. In fact it's quite obvious that is already happening.

Chris Hedges is only one man who is trying to get the message out to Americans. But as I said, nobody is likely to watch a video that long without first becoming interested in the message. I think perhaps a 10 minute sampling of his ideas could stir some interest here. Then that will lead to a great discussion as the fangs are bared by both sides!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to montgomery For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-13-2018), kudzu (11-13-2018), Phantasmal (11-13-2018), PoliTalker (11-13-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by montgomery View Post

I know that few are going to watch a video of that length but maybe they will become interested enough after some discussion to clue themselves in to what Hedges is saying?

He understands that the two major parties are the same evil bastards who have hijackked the ordinary people and are working to uphold the very wealthy at the people's expense. The 1% in other words. He's supported the Libertarian party but that shouldn't be held against him. He freely admits that he was voting against the two major parties which are totally corrupt.

And he's zeroed in on Trump's cheap tricks of appealing to the people to blame minorities for their horrible losing lot in life. It's exactly the same tactic that Hitler used to rise to power, and only the minorities are different this time. Will it work for Trump? It will work the same as it worked for Hitler and drive the world away from the US. In fact it's quite obvious that is already happening.

Chris Hedges is only one man who is trying to get the message out to Americans. But as I said, nobody is likely to watch a video that long without first becoming interested in the message. I think perhaps a 10 minute sampling of his ideas could stir some interest here. Then that will lead to a great discussion as the fangs are bared by both sides!
    You might find this interesting..

Why Study Hitler's Persuasive Method?

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...suasive-Method

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

The reason I'm not even going to bother watching the video is the way you presented it. You start out with the standard Libertarian argument that both major parties are corrupt, which I agree with by the way, but then you go into the proggy argument that Trump is Hitler.

Thank you but no.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deplorable View Post
    The reason I'm not even going to bother watching the video is the way you presented it. You start out with the standard Libertarian argument that both major parties are corrupt, which I agree with by the way, but then you go into the proggy argument that Trump is Hitler.

Thank you but no.
    Trump uses the same techniques as Hitler.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-13-2018)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    You might find this interesting..

Why Study Hitler's Persuasive Method?

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...suasive-Method
    Wise word in your quote kudzu! But I'll requote that which I see as the pertinent part for this discussion:

Freud went on to say that groups “show an unmistakable picture of a regression of mental activity to an earlier stage such as…children” (qtd. in Bosamajian 69). Hitler used this understanding of groups to strategically manipulate the German people.
    I believe that is saying the same as what is being suggested by Hedges. Children are more prone to buying into hate of minorities and often demonstrate this sort of cruel behaviour in their play with bullying and singling out some other child. It's a base instinct.

I didn't read more than just the paragraph of the link but I'm sure it would have gone on to talk about fascism and how it's meant to manipulate the minds of the people.

Let's stay with the concept of both Trump and Hitler appealing to the people to take a stand against minorities because that's exactly what Trump is using to attract Americans who fully understand they're being screwed by somebody. The main point Chris Hedges is making is that the people re being screwed by the system that the very wealthy has installed in order to continue to enrich themselves further at the expense of 99% of Americans. Their message is, blame minorities:

Blacks

Hispanics

immigrants

or others?

It's no secret to anyone who listens carefully to what Trump is saying. And his followers fully believe that it can work for them. And that's the same sort of arrogance the German people had in the 30's that caused them to support a tyrant.

It can't work in the 21st. century because no nation can win a war against other nuclear armed powers. MAD has saved the world for over 70 years. Trump will run up against the nuclear deterrent of China and/or Russia. Be that a military stalemate or a defeat by China economically speaking.

Hedges has much more to say!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to montgomery For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-13-2018), PoliTalker (11-13-2018)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thank you but no.
    Well, that's your choice.

But I didn't say Trump is Hitler, I said that Trump uses the same techniques as Hitler.

Of course I don't expect many to listen to Hedges until their interest is stimulated by discussion. I hope you follow along and learn more about what he has to say.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to montgomery For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-13-2018), Phantasmal (11-13-2018)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank you but no.
    Don't. It would just push you into a deeper state of denial.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-13-2018)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wise word in your quote kudzu! But I'll requote that which I see as the pertinent part for this discussion:

I believe that is saying the same as what is being suggested by Hedges. Children are more prone to buying into hate of minorities and often demonstrate this sort of cruel behaviour in their play with bullying and singling out some other child. It's a base instinct.

I didn't read more than just the paragraph of the link but I'm sure it would have gone on to talk about fascism and how it's meant to manipulate the minds of the people.

Let's stay with the concept of both Trump and Hitler appealing to the people to take a stand against minorities because that's exactly what Trump is using to attract Americans who fully understand they're being screwed by somebody. The main point Chris Hedges is making is that the people re being screwed by the system that the very wealthy has installed in order to continue to enrich themselves further at the expense of 99% of Americans. Their message is, blame minorities:

Blacks

Hispanics

immigrants

or others?

It's no secret to anyone who listens carefully to what Trump is saying. And his followers fully believe that it can work for them. And that's the same sort of arrogance the German people had in the 30's that caused them to support a tyrant.

It can't work in the 21st. century because no nation can win a war against other nuclear armed powers. MAD has saved the world for over 70 years. Trump will run up against the nuclear deterrent of China and/or Russia. Be that a military stalemate or a defeat by China economically speaking.

Hedges has much more to say!

Trump is going to be doing re-election rallies constantly for the next two years.. I think he going to up the ante in performing for the mob and his language with get more violent.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-13-2018)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

His books are well worth taking time for, you will not see him on corporate state media.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-13-2018)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump is going to be doing re-election rallies constantly for the next two years.. I think he going to up the ante in performing for the mob and his language with get more violent.
    I see no basis for disagreement with that analysis. At least the world knows who the angry mob is.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-13-2018), kudzu (11-13-2018)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    Don't. It would just push you into a deeper state of denial.
    I appreciate your interest in this thread but please don't turn it into a shitfight between the right and the left. The point Hedges is making that will be interesting is that both the left and the right, the Democrats and the Republican, are corrupt and need to be thrown out.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to montgomery For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (11-13-2018), PoliTalker (11-13-2018), Rune (11-16-2018)

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, that's your choice.

But I didn't say Trump is Hitler, I said that Trump uses the same techniques as Hitler.

Of course I don't expect many to listen to Hedges until their interest is stimulated by discussion. I hope you follow along and learn more about what he has to say.
    He goes after both right and left radicals, thanks for bringing him to my attention.

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I appreciate your interest in this thread but please don't turn it into a shitfight between the right and the left. The point Hedges is making that will be interesting is that both the left and the right, the Democrats and the Republican, are corrupt and need to be thrown out.
    Sure, tell ya what. I won't post anymore on your thread so that it doesn/t turn it into a shitfight between the right and the left. And we'll see what happens.

Been reading Hedges for years.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-13-2018)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A very interesting comment! But don't you think that Trump is already pushing the limits for halfway decent society? Can he push it further and still remain within the law? He's already close to inciting violence! (once again, the similarity to Hitler's brownshirts) Already!

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    He goes after both right and left radicals, thanks for bringing him to my attention.
    Thank you too! I was pretty confident the discussion would stimulate enough interest to get some people listening to at least the first ten minutes of so. I hope some will follow along further to find out what else Hedges has to say. I sincerely believe he's onto the message for what America needs.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to montgomery For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-13-2018)