Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello montgomery,

Quote Originally Posted by montgomery View Post
    https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/yh...a&action=click

I know that few are going to watch a video of that length but maybe they will become interested enough after some discussion to clue themselves in to what Hedges is saying?

He understands that the two major parties are the same evil bastards who have hijackked the ordinary people and are working to uphold the very wealthy at the people's expense. The 1% in other words. He's supported the Libertarian party but that shouldn't be held against him. He freely admits that he was voting against the two major parties which are totally corrupt.

And he's zeroed in on Trump's cheap tricks of appealing to the people to blame minorities for their horrible losing lot in life. It's exactly the same tactic that Hitler used to rise to power, and only the minorities are different this time. Will it work for Trump? It will work the same as it worked for Hitler and drive the world away from the US. In fact it's quite obvious that is already happening.

Chris Hedges is only one man who is trying to get the message out to Americans. But as I said, nobody is likely to watch a video that long without first becoming interested in the message. I think perhaps a 10 minute sampling of his ideas could stir some interest here. Then that will lead to a great discussion as the fangs are bared by both sides!
    I didn't take the time to watch. I'm familiar with Hedges. He is a voice of logic in this illogical nation.

There is a good entry on his political views on wiki.

A good thing to know about Hedges is that everything he says is fact-based, verifiable. He deals with real news. Hedges is credible.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

kudzu (11-13-2018)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,729 Times in 27,216 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/yh...a&action=click

I know that few are going to watch a video of that length but maybe they will become interested enough after some discussion to clue themselves in to what Hedges is saying?

He understands that the two major parties are the same evil bastards who have hijackked the ordinary people and are working to uphold the very wealthy at the people's expense. The 1% in other words. He's supported the Libertarian party but that shouldn't be held against him. He freely admits that he was voting against the two major parties which are totally corrupt.

And he's zeroed in on Trump's cheap tricks of appealing to the people to blame minorities for their horrible losing lot in life. It's exactly the same tactic that Hitler used to rise to power, and only the minorities are different this time. Will it work for Trump? It will work the same as it worked for Hitler and drive the world away from the US. In fact it's quite obvious that is already happening.

Chris Hedges is only one man who is trying to get the message out to Americans. But as I said, nobody is likely to watch a video that long without first becoming interested in the message. I think perhaps a 10 minute sampling of his ideas could stir some interest here. Then that will lead to a great discussion as the fangs are bared by both sides!
    he is wrong

this country would be dead already if it were not for the people in the Democratic party

condemning both is what the republicans do every time they tear things up

they cant protect their horrible actions so they try and make the Democratic party share their blame

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hedges

Christopher Lynn Hedges (born September 18, 1956) is an American journalist, Presbyterian minister, and visiting Princeton University lecturer. His books include War Is a Force That Gives Us Meaning (2002), a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award for Nonfiction; Empire of Illusion: The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle (2009); Death of the Liberal Class (2010); Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt (2012), written with cartoonist Joe Sacco, which was a New York Times best-seller; Wages of Rebellion: The Moral Imperative of Revolt (2015); and his most recent America: The Farewell Tour (2018).
    Hedges is a columnist for the progressive news and commentary website Truthdig.[1][2] He is also a host for the television program On Contact on RT.[3] Hedges spent nearly two decades as a foreign correspondent in Central America, West Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and the Balkans. He has reported from more than fifty countries, and has worked for The Christian Science Monitor, NPR, Dallas Morning News, and The New York Times,[4] where he was a foreign correspondent for fifteen years (1990–2005).

why does he take money from Putin?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-13-2018)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post

Christopher Lynn Hedges (born September 18, 1956) is an American journalist, Presbyterian minister, and visiting Princeton University lecturer. His books include War Is a Force That Gives Us Meaning (2002), a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award for Nonfiction; Empire of Illusion: The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle (2009); Death of the Liberal Class (2010); Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt (2012), written with cartoonist Joe Sacco, which was a New York Times best-seller; Wages of Rebellion: The Moral Imperative of Revolt (2015); and his most recent America: The Farewell Tour (2018).
    Hedges is a columnist for the progressive news and commentary website Truthdig.[1][2] He is also a host for the television program On Contact on RT.[3] Hedges spent nearly two decades as a foreign correspondent in Central America, West Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and the Balkans. He has reported from more than fifty countries, and has worked for The Christian Science Monitor, NPR, Dallas Morning News, and The New York Times,[4] where he was a foreign correspondent for fifteen years (1990–2005).

Three of Hedges' articles were based upon the stories of Iraqi defectors, who had been furnished to Hedges by the Information Collection Program of the U.S.-funded Iraqi National Congress.[20] The program promoted stories to major media outlets in order to orchestrate U.S. intervention in Iraq in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks. Most significant of his reports in this period was a November 8, 2001, front-page story about two former Iraqi military commanders who claimed to have trained foreign mujahedeen how to hijack planes without using guns.[21] Hedges quoted a man whom he believed to be an Iraqi general: "These Islamic radicals ... came from a variety of countries, including Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Algeria, Egypt, and Morocco. We were training these people to attack installations important to the United States". The two defectors also asserted there was a secret compound in Salman Pak facility where a German scientist was producing biological weapons.[22]
    According to Mother Jones: "The impact of the article ... was immediate: Op-eds ran in major papers, and the story was taken to a wider audience through cable-TV talk shows. When Condoleezza Rice, then George W. Bush's national security adviser, was asked about the report at a press briefing, she said, 'I think it surprises no one that Saddam Hussein is engaged in all kinds of activities that are destabilizing.'" As late as 2006, conservative magazines including The Weekly Standard and National Review continued to use this article to justify the invasion of Iraq.[23]
    It later was revealed that the story which Hedges reported was "an elaborate scam". The defector whom Hedges quoted, who had identified himself as Lt. General Jamal al-Ghurairy, was a former sergeant. The real Ghurairy had never left Iraq. Hedges said that he had taken on reporting this account at the request of Lowell Bergman of Frontline, who wanted the defectors for his show but could not go to Beirut for the interview. The trip had been organized by Ahmed Chalabi, whom Hedges considered to be unreliable. Hedges said he had done the piece as a favor to Bergman, explaining, "There has to be a level of trust between reporters. We cover each other's sources when it's a good story because otherwise everyone would get hold of it." Hedges had relied on the U.S. embassy in Turkey for further confirmation of the man's identity.[23]
    Hedges wrote two more articles that year that were informed by Chalabi-coached defectors. The second one, claiming that Iraq still held 80 Kuwaitis captured in the 1991 Gulf War in a secret underground prison, was also found to be baseless.[24]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

kudzu (11-13-2018)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    He goes after both right and left radicals, thanks for bringing him to my attention.
    because he works for Putin

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,819 Times in 14,169 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

better to listen to this guy

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A very interesting comment! But don't you think that Trump is already pushing the limits for halfway decent society? Can he push it further and still remain within the law? He's already close to inciting violence! (once again, the similarity to Hitler's brownshirts) Already!
    and this makes putin happy

he wants us divided and chaotic America

So does Hedges
    Last edited by evince; 11-13-2018 at 03:54 PM.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In October 2012, Hedges publicly supported Jill Stein, the candidate of the Green Party of the United States, in the 2012 United States presidential election.[45] On April 7, 2013, Hedges delivered the keynote address at the Green Party of New Jersey state convention.[46][47]

Jill Stein was at that same table with Putin as Flynn

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018)

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    I was only saying that because some of the Democrat House members have been talking about opening up the investigations on the White House spending.

White House spending budgets are established in Congress and signed by the president.

The White house has quadrupled their spending over the allotted annual budget in 2018! And someone will be having to pay the government back for every penny of it.
    Evidently Melania had a seven hour layover in Cairo on her return trip from Africa that cost $14,000.00. Maybe that's why she fired Mira Ricardel.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-14-2018)

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

he is wrong

this country would be dead already if it were not for the people in the Democratic party

condemning both is what the republicans do every time they tear things up

they cant protect their horrible actions so they try and make the Democratic party share their blame
    The Democrats can be wrong.

You know, when we align with a political party, we give up some of our freedom. It is making a deal. We give up something, we get something. If our views are not completely aligned with the PARTY we compromise on some things and accept what THE PARTY wants. We give up some of our individuality.

If THE PARTY has most of what we want, that's enticing. We might think it is worth it. THE PARTY has power because there are so many people in it. We add to that power when we join. But we sacrifice anything THE PARTY doesn't want. Even if we think it is a good idea, we have to give up on that. We give up creativity and innovation.

We also have to accept some things we might not want.

If THE PARTY backs something we don't really agree with, we lend our power to that by going with THE PARTY.

POLITICAL PARTIES are not the end-all be-all.

What they are is people giving up on things together.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello evince,

The Democrats can be wrong.

You know, when we align with a political party, we give up some of our freedom. It is making a deal. We give up something, we get something. If our views are not completely aligned with the PARTY we compromise on some things and accept what THE PARTY wants. We give up some of our individuality.

If THE PARTY has most of what we want, that's enticing. We might think it is worth it. THE PARTY has power because there are so many people in it. We add to that power when we join. But we sacrifice anything THE PARTY doesn't want. Even if we think it is a good idea, we have to give up on that. We give up creativity and innovation.

We also have to accept some things we might not want.

If THE PARTY backs something we don't really agree with, we lend our power to that by going with THE PARTY.

POLITICAL PARTIES are not the end-all be-all.

What they are is people giving up on things together.

you know what Putin wants ?

Americans to feel their system is hopeless.

why were you using WE?

you were NOT talking about me

I am no dupe

people who buy the idea that the Democratic party is as corrupt as the republican party buy lies.

they are NOT the same

Pretending they are both equally evil is utterly a LIE

I don't need to pretend the Democratic party and its leaders are evil to make my self feel fair

I am aware enough of what is going on to DECLARE with Facts what they actually are.

and Im sure not going to listen to some evil man who takes Putin money.

take Putin money and you are dead to me

he is a right wing man who takes Putins money

My party is full of decent men and women who could roll this guys head with facts that prove he has a failed philosophy and should nit be taking Putin payments

The SECOND the Democratic party abandons its Ideas I will bail on them

please don't insult me by pretending Im backing merely a label

that man is nit the end all be all is he ?

so why does he get respect from YOU as if he is better than all the humans in the Democratic party leadership who have saved this nation from LIE filled marches to war, economic disasters and decades of election cheating ?

an unreal sense of fairness?

this man takes Putin money

remember my first words to yu 9n this site

It was a warning that if you began to look like a FAKE left poster I would recognize it in a very short time

this man is a FAKE left guy working for Putin to try and malign the ONLY party this nation has the represents the people who voted for it

he is working for putin

He takes Putins Money

he is evil

lets remember Mussolini pretended to be working for the people with his words

and then delivered his own nation to the already wealthy by appointing them too all the seats of power

HES LYING AND WORKING FOR PUTIN