Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is what happens to the Good Guy with a gun.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    OK, now let’s pretend four civilians had been armed, Armed person one shoots person A.... Armed person two, In self-defense shoots armed person one. Armed person three believes that there is a massive shooting going on and shoots armed person two. Armed person four, Shoots armed person three under the same mistake. Then the police come and shoot armed person four.

Five dead, When it could’ve only been one.
    OR, because person A was the only one with a gun intent on a shooting spree, it could've been 13 dead because the cops took two minutes to respond.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Cops just shoot people with guns. Espcially if they are not white.
    even when it's one of their own.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/26/u...k-officer.html
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"OR, because person A was the only one with a gun intent on a shooting spree, it could've been 13 dead because the cops took two minutes to respond." SY #16
    I don't have a definitive report of the exact scenario. But I thought a subject or suspect was pinned to the ground by the Black, whether he had a gun or not.

Any COP with a badge should know that's not the behavior of a mass shooter. Mass shooters are stand-off cowards, preferring to murder from out of reach. I can't name a single one of them that's deliberately given his victims a viable chance at self-defense.
    Hitler didn't build any emergency exits into his "shower" gas chambers.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

I think one thing we can take away from this is that if you're going to be an armed security guard or bouncer at a bar, it might be a wise idea to wear some kind of uniform or identifying piece of clothing, like a shirt that says SECURITY in large letters across the front and back.

I'm guessing the guy who got shot may have been dressed in street clothes.

Hard to 100% blame the cops given the kinds of mass killings in public places that are becoming so common these days.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

Thank you N #19.
    Yours is in a sense the most optimistic post in this thread. BUT !!
    "I think one thing we can take away from this is that if you're going to be an armed security guard or bouncer at a bar, it might be a wise idea to wear some kind of uniform or identifying piece of clothing, like a shirt that says SECURITY in large letters across the front and back.

I'm guessing the guy who got shot may have been dressed in street clothes.

Hard to 100% blame the cops given the kinds of mass killings in public places that are becoming so common these days." N #19
    Clearly we should indeed learn from these mistakes.

But we mustn't be foolish enough to static-model a dynamic system.

If security guards start wearing uniforms, so will mass-shooters.

Next.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18