Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The North Korea failure

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    And Syria is about warm-water port Russian access to the Mediterranean Sea. That's HUGE for Russia, and why Putin's shoveling resources into propping up Assad.
    absolutely.
    Syria is Tartus (building newfull port facilities)and now they are building permanent airbases and logistical support as well.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is a failure again.

Again.

Quick tweet something about football players or the VP and actors.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

a #61

And Trump reportedly has thousands of U.S. troops in Syria , potentially in harms way, and what are we doing there?

We're allied with Russia, effectively propping up Assad too. - yikes -

Recent reports I've gotten from Afghanistan, still unwinnable there.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

I saw an article today pointing out that the two Koreas just dismantled several border posts. They are making peace without us. Who has a problem with that, and why?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Jack (11-12-2018)

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    I saw an article today pointing out that the two Koreas just dismantled several border posts. They are making peace without us. Who has a problem with that, and why?
    I don't care, that's their thing not ours.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    I don't have a problem with it. If they are at Peace with each other, they don't need us. We can fall back to Japan.

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"the two Koreas just dismantled several border posts." CO #64
    It will take vastly more than that to end the Korean civil war.
    "They are making peace" CO #64
    Extremely unlikely. Germany re-unified after the wall fell. That was quite a stretch.

South Koreans would never agree to live under North Korean totalitarian poverty & misery.
    And KJU would never surrender his absolute control.
    "without us." CO
    Hardly. Last I heard the U.S. had 37K troops in South Korea & the DMZ.
    "Who has a problem with that, and why?" CO
    Might be nice, if it were true. But dismantling a border post while tonight's news reports there are as many as 20 hidden bases for nuclear missiles.
    Seems to me 20 hidden nuclear missile bases are more of a threat than a few guard shacks.

Problem with that?
    The problem is if we begin to believe it, and it's false.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

After reading through this thread, I think I'd rather hear 5th graders discussing this than most of you idiots!

They seem to speak with more intelligence than about half of you idiots!

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    After reading through this thread, I think I'd rather hear 5th graders discussing this than most of you idiots!

They seem to speak with more intelligence than about half of you idiots!
    Oh good. Someone with an answer. Mr. Twitler ... You have the floor.

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think we are back to square one with N. Korea.

N. Korea wants to sit at the same table as the other countries that are in the League of Nuclear capable nations.

Even though we don't want them sitting there- they are already there my friends- whether we acknowledge them or not!

But, let me tell you this, if you don't want N. Korea to have their nukes- you better be prepared to take them away from them- because they will never just give them up!

And you can take that to the bank!

Someone please advise the president!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

Jack (11-12-2018)

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And Syria is about warm-water port Russian access to the Mediterranean Sea. That's HUGE for Russia, and why Putin's shoveling resources into propping up Assad.
    Oh that! It is a boat dock, where you could park a frigate- maybe- at best! It's not much to be proud of.

Russia's main interest in Syria is selling arms and weapons- just like any other Middle Eastern country they are arming!

They use their Boat Dock there to unload their weapons they sell to Syria- that's about it!

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,892 Times in 21,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,685 Times in 5,188 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Then why did he lie?
    Anyone?

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

AT #71

Perhaps,
    so far.

But it ain't over by a long-shot.
    Whether Russia will dredge facilities to dock deeper draft boats I don't know.
    But if navy vessels can re-fuel and re-supply at mid-ocean, they can do so a quarter mile off-shore.

Anyone that thinks Putin has done all he'll ever do on the Mediterranean doesn't know Putin.

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Oh that! It is a boat dock, where you could park a frigate- maybe- at best! It's not much to be proud of.

Russia's main interest in Syria is selling arms and weapons- just like any other Middle Eastern country they are arming!

They use their Boat Dock there to unload their weapons they sell to Syria- that's about it!

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

AT #71

Perhaps,
    so far.

But it ain't over by a long-shot.
    Whether Russia will dredge facilities to dock deeper draft boats I don't know.
    But if navy vessels can re-fuel and re-supply at mid-ocean, they can do so a quarter mile off-shore.

Anyone that thinks Putin has done all he'll ever do on the Mediterranean doesn't know Putin.
    Putin has called on lawmakers to ratify a deal to expand a military port in Syria and keep forces there for another 50 years, a document on the official parliament database has revealed.he draft law reveals that Syria and Russia have already agreed the extension of Russia's base in Tartus for 49 years. Russia is permitted to dock up to 11 ships there at any given time, build its weapons arsenal, and improve infrastructure.

“I hope that in the long run, Tartus will become a full-fledged military base,” the deputy chairman of the Federation Council's Committee for Defense and Security Franz Klintsevich told the RBC news channel.

Officially Russia does not recognize Tartus as a fully fledged base but merely a “support” facility. Much like the nearby airfield where Russian forces have also been deployed, the Tartus port has been integral to Russia’s renewed effort to flex military might outside the former Soviet Union.
    https://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-pu...ullback-747815