Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Legion Troll, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, J Craft, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, CFM, DBCooper, Lightbringer, chink, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, excommunicated, AnnieOakley, Tommatthews, Q-Tip, volsrock, Grugore, Rob Larrikin, BodyDouble, ptif219, fandango, United76America, Into the Night, Tkaffen, gfm7175 and Enlightened One

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Show your Racism in Public = Get Your Ass Fired

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I don't disagree. My last firm had maybe 30 people but at least 8 were from different countries. We were like the U.N. We had one black girl in the group. Her team consisted of seven people. She was American and the rest were from either India or the Middle East. But to your point lots of different cultures coming together.

Can "sensitivity training" make people more aware? I don't know, having gone through multiple sessions of it I'm skeptical but maybe studies show they work.
    Well if you learn from it and it changes objectionable or counterproductive behavior then it works.

Look I’m no expert on this field but I know HR managers who are and there are far more strategies available than just sensitivity training and given the place many industries have in international trade and nation wide logistic, particularly like the chemical industry I work in...well yea...it’s considered important by the highest levels of management.

So those who think it’s a liberal SJW conspiracy against Whites are uninformed fools.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Well if you learn from it and it changes objectionable or counterproductive behavior then it works.

Look I’m no expert on this field but I know HR managers who are and there are far more strategies available than just sensitivity training and given the place many industries have in international trade and nation wide logistic, particularly like the chemical industry I work in...well yea...it’s considered important by the highest levels of management.

So those who think it’s a liberal SJW conspiracy against Whites are uninformed fools.
    I didn't say anything about liberals or SJW conspiracy. I did bring up the effectiveness, those are two different things. I grew up in Oakland, CA which was a very diverse environment. I went to school for years with people of many different races. Not everyone had the same upbringing. Can a one hour corporate training teach people what I learned for instance through a lifetime of experience? I don't think so. A lot of these corporate training's, while well meaning, are often CYA for the firm to say they've attempted to address (name it) sexism, racism, etc.

I'm not suggesting corporations shouldn't invest in their employees. Before I went to China for the first time my company sat me down and told me about China culture and customs. But at my latest firm they didn't sit us down and discuss the different cultures of all the people in the firm.

And it's possible if you're black and grew up in a black neighborhood and didn't have a lot of interactions with whites they could misconstrue what white people are doing.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I didn't say anything about liberals or SJW conspiracy. I did bring up the effectiveness, those are two different things. I grew up in Oakland, CA which was a very diverse environment. I went to school for years with people of many different races. Not everyone had the same upbringing. Can a one hour corporate training teach people what I learned for instance through a lifetime of experience? I don't think so. A lot of these corporate training's, while well meaning, are often CYA for the firm to say they've attempted to address (name it) sexism, racism, etc.

I'm not suggesting corporations shouldn't invest in their employees. Before I went to China for the first time my company sat me down and told me about China culture and customs. But at my latest firm they didn't sit us down and discuss the different cultures of all the people in the firm.

And it's possible if you're black and grew up in a black neighborhood and didn't have a lot of interactions with whites they could misconstrue what white people are doing.
    No you did not but others in this thread have and I’m addressing them.

Listen I’m not trying to imply a one hour corporate training session as a cure all. I’m using it as one example of strategies that can be used to integrate different people from different groups into an organization with common goals. There is no single magic bullet but the issue is one taken very seriously by corporations and the often have a variety of strategies.

For me working with women is very difficult because I was raised and taught to be aggressive, motivated, competitive, with high expectations and little tolerance for fuck ups. My ability to get shit done is why they respect and despite my focus I am polite and courteous but I have to be honest that the nesting behavior they bring into work annoys the ever loving shit out of me. I’m at work, not at home, I’m here to work and I could give two fucks about making it like home.

So you can see where this training has helped me to cope and understand female behavior at work that drives me up a fucking wall. Though it’s a complete and utter mystery to many of our female colleagues why their nesting behavior at work irritates many of us guys.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!