Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Lightbringer, Sailor, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Into the Night and Enlightened One

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump And Kavanaugh To Be Investigated By Democratic House: Answers Sought.

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    I've said from 2016 that Dems would take the House but lose 2-3 seats in the Senate, no matter how strong anti-Trump sentiment was. Because they had over twice as many seats to protect in the Senate.

The opposite is true in 2020; GOP has 22 seats up, and Dems have 12. Huge advantage. Of course there is a tiny chance that the GOP could win, but extremely unlikely. It's really basic logistics.
    I seem to recall you preaching Trump instigated gloom and doom about this time last year. Democrats came out ahead last Tuesday but the Blue Wave was mitigated.

Did you predict a marginal democrat victory in the midterms?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I seem to recall you preaching Trump instigated gloom and doom about this time last year. Democrats came out ahead last Tuesday but the Blue Wave was mitigated.

Did you predict a marginal democrat victory in the midterms?
    I said that they'd take the House, and I don't really buy into your Fox-led spin that last Tuesday was "marginal." Once again, MANY more people in the country voted Dem than GOP.

And you "seem to recall"? Why don't YOU bump something. I said the Dems would take the House, and they did. You were the one who kept saying they weren't connecting w/ Americans and would lose.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I said that they'd take the House, and I don't really buy into your Fox-led spin that last Tuesday was "marginal." Once again, MANY more people in the country voted Dem than GOP.

And you "seem to recall"? Why don't YOU bump something. I said the Dems would take the House, and they did. You were the one who kept saying they weren't connecting w/ Americans and would lose.
    I don’t care enough about it lol.

You’re the one boasting about your political acumen. Go back a year. Impress the class.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

It gives every appearance of being a hoax lol. How’s that?

House democrats re-opening the Russian investigation will make at least the third attempt at finding collusion. If democrats are goofy enough to plumb that dry hole, again, I won’t stand in their way.
    Why do you think it is a dry hole? We've never gotten to the bottom of it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Thing1,

I've said from 2016 that Dems would take the House but lose 2-3 seats in the Senate, no matter how strong anti-Trump sentiment was. Because they had over twice as many seats to protect in the Senate.

The opposite is true in 2020; GOP has 22 seats up, and Dems have 12. Huge advantage. Of course there is a tiny chance that the GOP could win, but extremely unlikely. It's really basic logistics.
    That's very reassuring for the left. But there is time for politics to evolve before then. Don't forget the presidential coat tails effect. Even if Trump is found guilty of crimes many of his followers will refuse to believe it. He's got his base to the point that they foolishly only believe what he says and they think the news is fake.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

You’re the one boasting about your political acumen. Go back a year. Impress the class.
    Where did I boast? It's basic politics.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Blocking out the part where you where wrong?

So that's how to rationalize support for Republicans these days.

Got it.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Why do you think it is a dry hole? We've never gotten to the bottom of it.
    I can give reasons but you’ll wave them off lol.

Why are you so hopeful about it when nothing has turned up after over two years of looking for collusion? And they’ve been looking very, very, hard for it.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

I can give reasons but you’ll wave them off lol.

Why are you so hopeful about it when nothing has turned up after over two years of looking for collusion? And they’ve been looking very, very, hard for it.
    I am hopeful that the USA can overcome setbacks like Trump. Collusion has already been shown. Much has been turned up. The majority of the nation disapproves of Trump. We want answers. We are going to have them. You can ignore them, make up things to make you feel better if you like. That's your freedom.

America voted for answers.

The party of excuses is fading away.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

I am hopeful that the USA can overcome setbacks like Trump. Collusion has already been shown. Much has been turned up. The majority of the nation disapproves of Trump. We want answers. We are going to have them. You can ignore them, make up things to make you feel better if you like. That's your freedom.

America voted for answers.

The party of excuses is fading away.
    To whatever extent you think Trump is guilty of colluding there is no statute that covers collusion.

As Alan Dershowitz quipped, ‘collusion may be a sin but it’s not a crime’. For months and months as some democrats and the media droned-on mindlessly about Russian collusion, myself and others were pointing out the obvious fact colluding with Russians or any foreign government is not a crime according to statutory law.

Assuming there was even any evidence that Trump is guilty of the ‘non-crime’ of collusion.

If there’s money involved, that would be a different matter. And guess what. The DNC/Hillary consortium *actually colluded* with Russians via at least two intermediaries in putting together the worthless Dossier. Which they used as an instrument to illegally spy on Carter Page.

And for the second or third time today I get to type the words ‘how do you even make this stuff up?’

So yeah, if Democrats want to go after collusion, again, I say have at it.

Maybe it will cause Trump’s AG to appoint another desperately needed SP.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

To whatever extent you think Trump is guilty of colluding there is no statute that covers collusion.

As Alan Dershowitz quipped, ‘collusion may be a sin but it’s not a crime’. For months and months as some democrats and the media droned-on mindlessly about Russian collusion, myself and others were pointing out the obvious fact colluding with Russians or any foreign government is not a crime according to statutory law.

Assuming there was even any evidence that Trump is guilty of the ‘non-crime’ of collusion.

If there’s money involved, that would be a different matter. And guess what. The DNC/Hillary consortium *actually colluded* with Russians via at least two intermediaries in putting together the worthless Dossier. Which they used as an instrument to illegally spy on Carter Page.

And for the second or third time today I get to type the words ‘how do you even make this stuff up?’

A long way around the tree trunk of handing out free passes.

Most of the nation is not fooled.

First 'there is no collusion,' then 'even if there was collusion it's not a crime.'

I am just *so* glad I am not trying to argue your position.

I couldn't do it and be honest with myself.

I am not concerned that collusion will be the downfall.

I think it will be obstruction, campaign finance, emoluments or taxes.

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

A long way around the tree trunk of handing out free passes.

Most of the nation is not fooled.

First 'there is no collusion,' then 'even if there was collusion it's not a crime.'

I am just *so* glad I am not trying to argue your position.

I couldn't do it and be honest with myself.

I am not concerned that collusion will be the downfall.

I think it will be obstruction, campaign finance, emoluments or taxes.
    So, you condone the perverse little Hat Trick.

The myth of collusion was just a pretext to get an SP appointment to go on a crime search. That’s no big secret to anyone paying attention.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (11-12-2018)

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump fired the first shot by replacing Sessions with his loyalist Whitaker. Whitaker has already discussed a slow-kill approach to the Mueller investigation by cutting the funding. This is Trump's back door way of shutting down the Muller investigation.

He has dared Democrats to respond.

Let the investigations begin!

WashPo

Standard anti-troll thread thief disclaimer:
    Does anyone really need to investigate known demonstrable pathological liars?

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So, you condone the perverse little Hat Trick.

The myth of collusion was just a pretext to get an SP appointment to go on a crime search. That’s no big secret to anyone paying attention.
    You seem to be obsessed with the word 'collusion.'

Trump asked for it when he fired Comey.

I hope Trump gets everything he deserves.

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

You just explained why the right is fixated on collusion. It is tough to prove, However, campaign finance violations are clear and bright,. Can't wait for Daffy's taxes to prove money laundering.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-13-2018)