Thread: Acosta's hard-pass revoked

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tkaffen View Post
    Mr grammar

Old man you better get glasses. You are as blind as you are stupid. Run the tape. The staffer was grabbing the microphone and the reporter used his left arm to push downward the arm used by the staffer to grab the microphone.
    In a sense, I agree...I am as blind as I am stupid...

...BECAUSE I AM NOT STUPID...just as I am not blind.

The staffer initiated the contact...not Acosta.

It is clear as day. If she had not reached to grab the microphone away from him...NO contact would have been made. (I suspect she was sent on that absurd mission by someone who knew there would be a confrontation; who knew the staffer would be forceful; and who did not give a damn about any consequences.)

But...useful idiots such as you...have got to parrot what they have been asked to parrot.

Too bad that!

2. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    The present electoral system would work if the number of house seats was properly allocated.
    If Montana, Wyoming, and the two Dakotas get one each, California should have a hell of a lot more than 55.

I disagree about the quality of Americans.
    We have far too many seriously deficient ones, and very few of them are straight blue-voting Democrats.
    There are far too many seriously deficient British, French, Germans, you name it: it's a question of whether the good 'uns outweigh them - and I'm not sure that some of the most admirable in the past were Democrats. Our great hero round here, Paul Robeson, presumably wasn't consistent on the matter. Don't know.

3. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

FA #241

I saw the video.
    In my opinion it did not rise to the level of a scuffle. There may be encounters that "violent" in passing the collection plate at church.

Why are we ignoring the elephant in the room? [you're welcome Republican symbologists]

President Trump is advancing a radical anti-establishment political agenda. Sending 5k+ active duty U.S. military troops to our Southern border in response to a caravan of asylum-seekers.
    There are strong indications President Trump is not doing what is best for the United States of America, but is instead doing what might seem to most benefit President Trump.
    How else can we explain Trump snubbing our trading partners and military allies, while simultaneously demonstrating fawning affection for some of the worst tyrants on Earth, including Vlad, and KJU?

Is there any doubt Trump has financial interest in Russia?
    Is there any doubt Trump recognizes $profit potential in North Korea, the economic backwater of the world?

Don't take my word for it. Consider the opinion of the world's leading authority on it:

"I like conflict." Trump early March 2018

Reporter's questions are far less provocative than Trump administration policy.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sear For This Post:

Frank Apisa (11-11-2018)

5. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    FA #241

I saw the video.
    In my opinion it did not rise to the level of a scuffle. There may be encounters that "violent" in passing the collection plate at church.

Why are we ignoring the elephant in the room? [you're welcome Republican symbologists]

President Trump is advancing a radical anti-establishment political agenda. Sending 5k+ active duty U.S. military troops to our Southern border in response to a caravan of asylum-seekers.
    There are strong indications President Trump is not doing what is best for the United States of America, but is instead doing what might seem to most benefit President Trump.
    How else can we explain Trump snubbing our trading partners and military allies, while simultaneously demonstrating fawning affection for some of the worst tyrants on Earth, including Vlad, and KJU?

Is there any doubt Trump has financial interest in Russia?
    Is there any doubt Trump recognizes $profit potential in North Korea, the economic backwater of the world?

Don't take my word for it. Consider the opinion of the world's leading authority on it:

"I like conflict." Trump early March 2018

Reporter's questions are far less provocative than Trump administration policy.
    Precisely.

There have always been...ummm..."situations" that brought presidential integrity into question. "Watergate" "Iran Contra" "The Keating Five" "Tonkin Gulf" "Blow jobs in the Oval Office."

But this thing with the abomination Donald Trump is in a class of its own. He is, whether wittingly or unwittingly, undermining essential elements of the Republic...the media, the DOJ, the intelligence community, international treaties...and other things.

This is a man who must be stopped.

He is steering the ship of state toward, at best, chaos...but more likely, toward dictatorship.

I've often said that anyone still supporting this disgusting person is a de facto traitor to our country...and to humanity in general.

That no longer is strong enough.

ANYONE NOT OPPOSING HIM WITH GUSTO...is a de facto traitor to our country...and to humanity in general.

6. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Acoster was grandstanding and improperly physically interfering with a WH worker's job. The job of the press has always been to ask their questions and sit down. It's a pretty simple job description. When he is on CNN his job is to opine to his heart's content.
    It looks at though someone much smarter than you has disagreed with both you and your idol. Tsk how that must hurt.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DebraDoesDonald For This Post:

domer76 (11-16-2018), Fentoine Lum (11-18-2018)

8. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hope the douchebag makes a scene next press conference.

/Bonus points if you can guess who I'm talking about
    //Either way, you're right

9. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    Sometimes the world believes the USA has gone fascist, sometimes totally mad. Those of us who still admire the country have to keep explaining that what is wrong is not the majority of Americans but a ludicrous electoral system. Do please get it fixed!
    Damn straight, Skippy.

The rule of the minority is almost a foregone conclusion when it comes to Republicans. As a general rule, even as they continually lose the national popular vote, the only way the rightwing maintains a stranglehold on power is by gerrymandering, voter suppression, the undemocratic and archaic electoral college, and access to unlimited amounts of dark corporate money.

There really are not enough angry, old white guys to give the Republican Party the opportunity to cling to absolute power.

A true functioning representative Democracy and functioning free press in the United States would never have allowed the Orange Pig to fluke his way into power.

10. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    I hope the douchebag makes a scene next press conference.

/Bonus points if you can guess who I'm talking about
    //Either way, you're right
    Trump has stated to FNC that he won't hesitate to have The Accoster thrown out if he pulls this shit again.

11. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

#MAGA

Make Acosta Great Again

12. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,663 Times in 16,591 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

they'll just never call on him-that will be easy...lol

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Stretch (11-18-2018), USFREEDOM911 (11-18-2018)

14. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    they'll just never call on him-that will be easy...lol
    That's what will be funny and I think I will call the WH on Monday and suggest exactly that.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

TOP (11-18-2018)

16. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,663 Times in 16,591 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    That's what will be funny and I think I will call the WH on Monday and suggest exactly that.
    You can remind them...I imagine they've thought of that already...

17. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    You can remind them...I imagine they've thought of that already...
    Just wanted to provide my support for the idea.

Plus; President Trump needs to start appointing around 10 or 12 Judges to the SC, seeing as how theirs nothing the liberals can do to stop it from occurring.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

TOP (11-18-2018)

19. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Trump has stated to FNC that he won't hesitate to have The Accoster thrown out if he pulls this shit again.
    Gee, Don and Fux News. Don says all kindsa stupidass shit. Another dumbass comment from the Inciter In Chief for the public to "discuss". Any distraction will do.
    Last edited by Fentoine Lum; 11-18-2018 at 11:51 AM.

20. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

The other journalists should agree that when they are called on they start with "Acosta wanted me to ask you..." or hand their question over to Acosta.

Trump will turn purple with outrage and stomp away like a 2 year old.

Well worth it.