Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Lightbringer, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Into the Night and Enlightened One

Thread: Rep Nancy Pelosi Has A Voice Again, Wastes No Time Speaking Out On Healthcare & Other

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Rep Nancy Pelosi Has A Voice Again, Wastes No Time Speaking Out On Healthcare & Other

She is joined by a record number of women in Congress.

Here is Congresswoman Pelosi speaking out:

Her words

Standard troll thread thief disclaimer:

If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer?

If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to the original thread.

I refuse to be an enabler to online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread.

I won't even read it. Thread thievery is the tool of trolls.

You know, people talk about one another. You might as well admit it is true, and realize the people who know you, talk about you when you are not present. I can accept that. Many can't. Trolls can't. They have to try to conTROLL what people say about them. (Like Trump!) They can't stand the thought of people talking about them without trying to conTROLL the conversation. That's the insecurity talking......
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-08-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Gender boxes, race boxes, nationality boxes, religious boxes.........same old same old, different day...identity politics.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Our healthcare is safe. The house is in good hands. The extremists have been kicked to the curb!
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-08-2018)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Health care is for everybody.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Gender boxes, race boxes, nationality boxes, religious boxes.........same old same old, different day...identity politics.
    If you want to know where an enemy is weak, just hit the place they can't stop complaining about you touching. Sorry, we're not gonna back off race.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-08-2018)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Health care is for everybody.
    "She is joined by a record number of women in Congress."
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    "She is joined by a record number of women in Congress."
    And that is a good thing.

It has been too long in coming.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-08-2018)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

She is joined by a record number of women in Congress.

Here is Congresswoman Pelosi speaking out:

Her words

Standard troll thread thief disclaimer:
    We the people are going to need to keep an eye on both her and that party. They blew it with healthcare last go round, caved on single payer having committed to never go there to the Wall Street/donor/”job creator” class. Once out of power knowing where the public is on this, sure, then they say pretty things. She is the face and voice of the corporatist wing of that establishment party. Feet to the fire.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Fentoine Lum,

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    We the people are going to need to keep an eye on both her and that party. They blew it with healthcare last go round, caved on single payer having committed to never go there to the Wall Street/donor/”job creator” class. Once out of power knowing where the public is on this, sure, then they say pretty things. She is the face and voice of the corporatist wing of that establishment party. Feet to the fire.
    She is more interested in getting things done than in holding Trump's feet to the fire, so that is troublesome. Her corporate backers don't see any profit in going after Trump. The American people are going to have to demand results of their representatives if they want to see action.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Fentoine Lum,

She is more interested in getting things done than in holding Trump's feet to the fire, so that is troublesome. Her corporate backers don't see any profit in going after Trump. The American people are going to have to demand results of their representatives if they want to see action.
    I meant we need to hold hers to the fire. Don is a waste, don't bother.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    I meant we need to hold hers to the fire. Don is a waste, don't bother.
    Oh, I believe it is important to hold the president accountable for his actions.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello We Don't Do Vegetables,

Quote Originally Posted by We Don't Do Vegetables View Post
    Our healthcare is safe. The house is in good hands. The extremists have been kicked to the curb!
    We barely skated by. There is a lot of work to do. We need more activism, participation, education, people getting properly informed, volunteering, protests, rallies. We have to whip up more public engagement against the oppressors.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pelosi calls for Whitaker to recuse.

And it is only proper that he should do so. He has taken a political stand on the situation, proving he cannot be impartial as his position demands.

The Hill

In an op-ed for The Hill published last year before Mueller was appointed, Whitaker wrote that calls for an independent counsel to investigate Russian interference "ring hollow."

"Serious, bipartisan congressional investigations into the Russian allegations have been under way for weeks and they have made progress," he wrote. "Hollow calls for independent prosecutors are just craven attempts to score cheap political points and serve the public in no measurable way."

And, in a CNN op-ed also from last year, he said that Mueller was close to crossing a "red line" by investigating Trump's finances. He suggested that Rosenstein "should order Mueller to limit the scope of his investigation."

Whitaker also raised the possibility that a replacement for Sessions could reduce Mueller's funding to the point that the investigation came to "almost a halt."

“I could see a scenario where Jeff Sessions is replaced with a recess appointment and that attorney general doesn’t fire Bob Mueller, but he just reduces his budget so low that his investigation grinds to almost a halt," he said on CNN.